Author Topic: TRU 181st Elite TIE Interceptor  (Read 18499 times)

Offline Since1978

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC TRU Exclusive TIE Interceptor
« Reply #30 on: April 9, 2007, 04:44 PM »
I'm glad there will be some red on this thing for the re-release, but I'm getting sick of TRU's inflated prices.  Wasn't this thing $29.99 during it's POTJ release?  How does a little red paint on the vehicle/fig warrent a $5 increase??
Inflation - that was 7 years ago!  Add in higher cost of base materials (price of oil goes up, price of plastic goes up), cost of distribution goes up too...

'78

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #31 on: April 9, 2007, 06:00 PM »
Isn't red usually associated with the Rebels?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #32 on: April 9, 2007, 06:53 PM »
Isn't red usually associated with the Rebels?

From a starfighter standpoint I'd say yes. But these are elite fighters so they get the special designation.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 9, 2007, 07:18 PM »
I'm wagering the pilot shall blow though, as he's non-descript in the text there, and thus I dont' think we're getting a cool Baron Fel figure just yet. 

That's a pretty cynical stance on the matter.  I would think that Hasbro would repaint the Saga Gold TIE Pilot in 181st colors in this instance and pack that with this Interceptor.  I think that's one of the more underrated army builders we've gotten in the past 3-4 years.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #34 on: April 9, 2007, 08:51 PM »
HELL YEAH!! I'm so glad to see that we are indeed going to get a 181st TIE Interceptor, finally a real nod to great X-Wing comics of yesteryear. As for the pilot pack in, my guess is that we will get a repainted TIE Pilot (hopefully the SAGA figure and not a cop out of the modified POTF2 fig again). Baron Fel would require more work besides the obvious new head, as he needs hosing and the proper flak vest. Hasbro isn't usually keen on making too many mods to a pack-in figure, so I would guess that Baron Fel will come at a later point like the comic 2-packs.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: April 9, 2007, 09:33 PM »
I'm wagering the pilot shall blow though, as he's non-descript in the text there, and thus I dont' think we're getting a cool Baron Fel figure just yet. 

That's a pretty cynical stance on the matter.  I would think that Hasbro would repaint the Saga Gold TIE Pilot in 181st colors in this instance and pack that with this Interceptor.  I think that's one of the more underrated army builders we've gotten in the past 3-4 years.

If it were a better figure I'd agree...  It's an ok figure, but I don't really see it as "underated" at all since people liked it but it lacks a lot of the poseability (in the arms only though, it's close) of troopers...  but as army builders go it's short of greatness to me.  Needs work.  I thought it needed work in the arms department at the time of its release actually, and stand by that.  Nice sculpt though...  Given the Death Star Trooper though, it's not even in the ballpark with him.

But that aside, a TIE Pilot with a red stripe's...  "eh" at best even if he was a better figure I think, especially since the EU character these Int's are specifically related to really wasn't just a TIE Pilot with a red stripe...  It'd have been nice to get a little better figure but I also am one of the first ones to hate exclusive pack-ins too so that's a double-edged sword I guess.  It might mean Fel's on their radar though, which is nice for fans of his.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 9, 2007, 10:27 PM »
For whatever it's worth, if they made a good quality Baron Fel I'd consider this a very worthy EU re-paint/re-pack.

Do it right Hasbro!

Offline vadersfist28

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2007, 03:21 AM »
I am happy about them releasing one because i missed out on the first time so this would give me a chance to get one know.
Get those rebel scum.Yessss Sir

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2007, 04:40 AM »
So long as you don't mind red stripes on it. :)

I now wonder if they'll keep to giving it the new accurate cockpit or if it'll have the battery pack.  They said new, but...  you never know.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2007, 08:41 AM »
If Hasbro will put a Saga Tie Pilot Head on a slightly modified DS Gunner body, I'll buy 12 just for the pilots....

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2007, 09:40 AM »
The ship and figure will be perfect squadren leaders for me. Bring it on.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2007, 12:35 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Finaly my Tie Collection complete....... fwew..... ;D
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2007, 10:48 PM »
I'm a little surprised that they've gone in this direction.  But then this could tie in with the concept of the Comic 2-packs that are out this year.  It gives me the sneaking feeling that this vehicle is going to include a generic pilot, and that the rumored Rogue Squadron comic 2-pack might include Baron Fel and a Rogue Squadron pilot.

QUESTION:  OK, Baron Fel. The image that accompanied the Star Wars Figure Stand 40-Pack News on hasbro.com/starwars showed his name on one of the stand stickers. Our question is, how will we get our hands on him? Is he coming in the rumored Rogue Squadron set in the Comic Packs line or as a pack-in with the TRU 181st Squadron TIE Interceptor coming this summer?

ANSWER:  Darn that battle stand list, it sure caused some problems we didn't anticipate! We can confirm that Fel *will* come in the 2-pack and that the TIE Interceptor will come with a figure, but it will not be Fel. Does that clear it up?

Wow.  That's kind of trippy.  :o
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2007, 09:47 AM »
I'm sure it'll just be a regular TIE pilot (hopefully Saga sculpt.) Makes me wonder more about who's going to be the Baron companion in the 2-pack.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2007, 10:18 AM »
If it's not a relatively new Wedge there's going to be some trouble.   >:(  I can't imagine who else it would be, but then this is Hasbro we're talking about, so.  Not to rag on them - the comic packs are the best things they've done in a long time.  Love 'em.