Author Topic: What's your favorite scene from the prequels?  (Read 11149 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite scene from the prequels?
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2005, 08:01 PM »
darth maul vs qui gon vs obi wan lightsaber dual....sweeeeeeet

Agreed. This was the best duel of the entire series. It was well protographed, well perforemed and well edited.

The Opera scene in ROTS is comming in a close second to me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2005, 10:24 AM »
I really like the scene on Utapau.  The Clones takin over, and the Boga.
What a rush!
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2005, 02:04 PM »
I liked some minor stuff from E3 actually...  That film's really locked most of my favorite PT moments at this point.

Spoilers potentially are ahead, incase that's of importance to anyone at this point:

-The Clones supporting Ki-Adi Mundi's assault on that bridge on one of the most alien looking worlds.  THat's hardcore military Star Wars...  Their armor support takes a missle and is blown to hell, the battle seems fierce to say the least, and "Crimson Guard" Snowtroopers?!?!?  Fuggetaboutit!

-The Clone on Utapau that assaults the Crab Droid...  That guy's friggin' hardcore!  Hopping up on the droid and blowing the **** out of it by unloading a clip into its head...  That rocked.  That reminded me of the ARC's in the Clone Wars cartoons!

-Zett Jukassa whipping a little Clone ass...  Lucas's kid is lucky, and that's all I gotta say about that.

-The Federation Cruiser that explodes in front of Ani/Obi...  I love seeing that last shot fired from the Republic cruiser into the Fed ship, and it just breaks apart from the center, exploding and hurling pieces of itself into the opposing ship...  That's sweet.

-The ARC-170 crew being tossed into oblivion...  Sweet.  That's a "frame-by-frame" moment when I get the DVD and can inspect that scene.  I wanna see of the R2's floating along with them. :)

-Wookiee roar...  I like the Wookiees heading onto the beach.  They've got balls the size of church bells under that fur!  They're a tough lot.

-Kashyyk Clone's...  They look fantastic, and they are getting offed left and right.  I loved that whole sequence as short as it was, but the Clones stood out.

-Spider Droid in Water...  I LOVED seeing a "walker" (well, a walking droid anyway) march right out of the water like that Spider Droid did.  It reminded me of a Rogue Squadron level in the one game where Imperial walkers are marching out of a crash-landed Star Destroyer that's half-submerged on a shoreline.  The walkers plodding along out of the water into the surf on the beach.  Sweet.

-Grievous' funky walk to his bike...  I liked to see him act kinda like his "catlike" self in the Clone Wars toons...  I think he was a more badass character in the cartoon by far, but he didn't disappoint me in ROTS either.  He just didn't do a lot.

-Walkers Out The Ass!  There was an AT-TE Troop Transport variant, the AT-AP walker, AT-RT, whatever it was on the bridge with Ki-Adi Mundi and his men, etc., etc...  The Clones are decked out.  With EU slipping many of these Walkers into the Classic era, they're really "universal" vehicles to me now and as accepted with Stormtroopers riding in them/on them as they are with the Clonetroopers utilizing them.  They were great for the "military" nuts like myself.

-The Yoda/Sidious Duel & Ani/Obi Duel...  Spliced together well, breathtakingly fast action, and heart-wrenching moments in both...  My buddy who's a casual fan even left the theater saying that kicked ass.  I couldn't agree more.  It was Star Wars at its best to me.

-Yoda's force bitch-slap to the Royal Guards...  Every theater I've been in, even the uber-quiet private screening I was at, laughed at this moment.  It set the tone for that sequence.

-Yoda blocking Sidious from leaving...  That makes me smile every time.  It's the Yoda you KNOW he is.  The guy that doesn't take anything from anyone, and even Palpatine would've tucked tail from him at first.

Just a handful of moments...  ROTS is packed with great stuff, but the fact I can list so many little things that, to me, mean a lot when I watch that movie...  That's speaking volumes for how much I like the film.  I'm glad things went out like this.  I couldn't be happier right now.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 02:23 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
My favorite ROTS moments
« Reply #33 on: October 9, 2005, 10:09 PM »
ROTS Moments (In no Order):

-The Opening space battle

-Tarkin observes the creation of the first DS

-Order 66 Montage (Especially Bacara and his Snowtroopers offing Ki-Adi-Mundi)

-Seeing Bacara and his Snowtroopers (Mainly because the Snowtroopers look exactley the same as their OT counterparts and I like to think of Bacara's armor as Prototype Imperial Snowtrooper armor)

-Seeing those awesome Kashyykk Biker Scouts (Same reason as Bacara and his Snowtroopers)

-The Star Destroyer landing pad that Yoda goes to Kashyykk from (And all the small vehicles like BARCs and AT-RTs around the SD)

-The Obi/Greivous Duel

-Yoda/Palps and Obi/Darth Vader Duels (Need I say more?)

-Darth Vader and his 501st Stormies marching to the Temple

-Vader's slaughter of the younglings (I Love the way he hesitates at first, then ignites his saber)

- Anakin being knighted a Darth

- Palps's slaughter of Mace's Posse

- Any scene with V-Wings (Finally, a alphabet ship in the PT! Yay!)

-Seeing the first generation Imperial Officers

These are just some of my favorite ROTS moments.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2005, 10:11 PM by HunterofThePegs »