Author Topic: What's your favorite scene from the prequels?  (Read 11190 times)

Offline Sith Bounty Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hunting new figures daily
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite scene from the prequels?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2003, 08:32 PM »
Arena battle, including the fight of Kenobi, Anakin and Yoda against Dooku! How could you not like 100+ jedi and 100+ clone troopers have a 30 min. battle against 1000+ battle droids? The lightsaber fight was just pure sci-fi action, and anyways my most eager Star Wars quesion was ansewered, what color was Yoda's saber.
Dont under estimate the power of a sith lord

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
    • View Profile
    • Son of Bob.homestead.com
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2003, 03:33 PM »
I think both my favorite scenes come from Attack of the Clones.

I love the part where Obi-wan gets the death stick seller to go home and rethink his life.

Yoda limping into the Hangar, opening his cloak, and drawing his lightsaber to his hand.  Then after saving Obi-Wan and Anakin, he simply limps over to them.

The Jengo Fett/Obi-wan battle was great too.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 03:53 PM by Lemon-Viper »
Stressed out?  Poop.  It'll make you feel better.

Offline Ginger girl

• Youngling
  • babushka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 6, 2003, 12:55 AM »
Yoda limping into the Hangar, opening his cloak, and drawing his lightsaber to his hand.  Then after saving Obi-Wan and Anakin, he simply limps over to them.

Yeah, that was tight.  I also liked the scene in AOTC when Anakin is lying in bed, sleeping.....hehe, he looks cool

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2003, 10:34 PM »
My Favorite Scene would have to be the Yoda vs. C. Dooku,  but a close second would be Obi-One and the death stick mind trick.

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2004, 02:00 PM »
It would have to be a tie between Darth Maul Vs. Qui-gon and Obi Won on Naboo and The Jedi Vs. Droids battle on Geonosis.
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2004, 02:14 PM »
My favorite scene from The Phantom Menace, is when they first introduce Queen Amidala, I did no expect her voice to be so Deep* as it was.   It was a little shocking.  

My favorite Attack of the Clones scene was the Geonosis Arena - Jedi Battle. That was awesome!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Morbius

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2004, 03:16 PM »
   I thought the scene when Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan went up against the droids on the control ship at the beginning of TPM was inspired, as were the scenes where Darth Maul was wielding his lightsaber - why Jar-Jar survived Ep1 and Darth Maul didn't remains a mystery to me...

Offline Vote for Chewbacca the Wookiee

• Youngling
  • If you haven't seen me before, I'm new to you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2004, 12:21 AM »
Tusken massacre
"The truths we cling to depend greatly on our pwn point of view." - Ben Kenobi
Appearing for the first time anywhere outside of Rebelscum, Chewbacca the...

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2004, 04:43 PM »
Obi-wan vs. Darth Maul

Offline hasek3993

• Youngling
  • scalpers are figments of your imagination
    • View Profile
    • scruffy customs
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2004, 10:15 PM »
ep1: the begining on the federation ship with obi wan and qui gon dispatching the droids.  and the duel with obi, qui and maul, and the duel of fates music is my favorite track in star wars!

ep2: when the clone troopers show up at the arena, and when they are getting ready to go to war at the end, very cool stuff with the music to go with ;D
i love it when a plan comes together

Offline Keldor

• Youngling
  • The Sith will have their REVENGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2004, 02:22 PM »
MY favorite scene is in TPM, before Amidala cvotes to oust Valorum they do a clsoup of Palpatine and he juts looks like he's thinking "soon I will be emperor, very soon" that seen is so cool!

In AOTC my favorite is when Palpatine accepts the emergency powers and he says "I love democracy; I love the Republic" that is just a big lie, truly one of the more evil moments of Chancellor Palpatine's carrer

and also in AOTC when you see the Clonetroops marching out to battle, they go to shout of Palaptine and the loyalist committe looking out at the troops, Palpatine looks triumphate like he knows (and does know) that this end of the Republic and Bails bows his head slowly, like this Republic's Funeral

and aslo when Dooku and Sidious meet and the end, just for the fact that it confirms what may of us probally knew from all along- The Palpy was the mastermind behind the Clone Wars!
 Those are favorote scenes
« Last Edit: August 1, 2004, 10:29 PM by Keldor »
"I will be Chancellor"-Senator Palpatine "The Phantom Menace"

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2004, 10:18 PM »
Hmmm
EP1 has to be the light saber fight between Maul and Obi the sheer speed is mind boggling and it just looks so dam cool, the thing that upset me about mauls death was the fact that obiwan ahd done a flip over maul and tried to hit him and he flicked the attack away whilst getting up and then gets cut in half like a dufuss, kinda reminds me of boba fett, lucas made us think he was all cool and stuff and then he dies screaming like a beatch.
As for EP2
Obiwan to Anakin - why do feel you'll be the death of me
was pure magic a great line, The arena battle needed to go a little longer and maybe focus on some of the other jedi a bit more, i mean i was on the edge of my seat on opening night when i heard all those sabers light up i was in fanboy heaven!!
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline jediguy

• Youngling
  • Sith Happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2005, 08:01 PM »
Besides the obvious three-way duel at the end of The Phantom Menace and the Arena Battle in Episode II, I also loved:

The Droid Factory
Anakin's breakdown in the Skywalker garage
The nightclub (well, at least some of the lines . . . 'Why do I have the feeling you are going to be the death of me?(
". . . now screwed we all will be."

-Yoda // Star Wars: Episode III: A Lost Hope

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2005, 05:28 AM »
I loved the three-way lightsaber battle at the end of Episode I. It was the little things that made that battle. From the moment Maul appears in the doorway you know you're in for something special. Then when he draws back the hood of his cloak and you see all his horns for the first time...each time I saw it in the theatre, the crowd audibly gasped. Using the droid head to open the hanger complex door...good stuff. The little cocky stance after his quick exchange with Obi-Wan, shortly before Obi-Wan cuts his saber in two...magic.

The other moment no one seems to mention...the juxtaposition between Qui-Gon and Maul when the ray shield interrupts their battle. Qui-Gon meditates and calms himself in the force, while Maul prowls back and forth like a caged predator.

Another little moment...when Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan leap down from the castle overhang and easily dispatch the droids, the way Qui-Gon deftly hangs his saber back on his belt almost faster than the eye can follow. Oh, and where Palpatine says he will follow young Skywalker's career "with great interest."

Episode II: The entire battle between Jango and Obi-Wan on Kamino, including their war of terse words beforehand. Palpatine announcing "I will create a Grand Army...of the Republic..."

Mace falling from Dooku's box in the arena, on fire yet still deflecting blaster bolts all the way down. Jango's gun twirl after dropping Coleman Trebor. The evil grin on Dooku's face as he twists his blade around shortly before disabling Obi-Wan.

And finally, Yoda showing us all why he had the reputation of a "great warrior" in ESB.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2005, 12:54 PM »
As corny as this sounds...my favorite part of ANY SW film is the first second when the words "Star Wars" appear and the first note of the main theme is played.  I still get a chill EVERY time I watch it.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)