Author Topic: 30AC Wave 8 - Attack of the Clones  (Read 48770 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
30AC Wave 8 - Attack of the Clones
« on: March 4, 2007, 12:21 PM »
So Wave 5 is AOTC. What is rumored? (i'm too lazy to check any lists) and what do you want to see?

I'd really like:

Zam Wessell (SA)
Po Nudo
Tikkes
Padme w/ripped shirt (SA)
Jango Fett (SA)
Coleman Trebor w/battle damage
Represantative Binks (SA, softgoods)
Clone Trooper (Kamino Cafeteria)

Thoughts?...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 09:04 AM by Jeff »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: 30AC Wave 8 - Attack of the Clones
« Reply #1 on: March 4, 2007, 12:32 PM »
Wave 5 is supposedly an "EU" wave composing of Clone War (Animated), KOTOR figures and the McQuarrie Luke.

As for your list, I think the only one with a snowball's chance on Mustafar is the SA Jango.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 4, 2007, 01:38 PM »
I'd like to see those too Robo-Quack but I don't think they're coming out anytime soon.   :-\

Hasbro did mention though in a Q&A that they do want to revisit Coleman Trebor.

:P

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #3 on: March 4, 2007, 01:48 PM »

"revisit" translates to "repack"
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 4, 2007, 02:00 PM »
I'd rather see a ROTS Jar Jar before a re-sculpt of AOTC Jar Jar.
SA Jango Fett is rumored for this year.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 4, 2007, 03:28 PM »

"revisit" translates to "repack"

I don't mind as much when they repack a good figure.  Coleman is probably in my top 25-50 all time.  Nice likeness and sculpt, probably take 1 or 2 more.  I'll throw a cloak on one of them.

What annoys me is when the repack figures that weren't even that great for the late 90's like those Cantina figures in The Walmart 5.  But that's why I'm not a completist, way too much money for me to spend on figures that I don't even like.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 4, 2007, 04:26 PM »
I don't mind as much when they repack a good figure. 

What annoys me is when the repack figures that weren't even that great for the late 90's like those Cantina figures in The Walmart 5.  But that's why I'm not a completist, way too much money for me to spend on figures that I don't even like.

Exactly, DR.  Whoever picked the figures for the "Wal-Mart 5" made some really dubious choices.  An Aurra Sing that is one of, if not the worst sculpt done during the POTJ era; a Labria that doesn't even come close to the 2002 Saga standards; a Nabrun Lieds that is only saved by a decent paintjob and a Kabe that is little more than a tiny salt shake, but that nobody was really clamoring for in the first place.  The Mace Astromech is okay, and the Keedkak I can stomach, since he's not horrible, but how someone picked Labria, Sing, Lieds, and Kabe over figures that could have been repacked that would have been interesting to more than three people just because the molds were handy?  Sheesh.

Anyway, this thread isn't about the WM5 so I'll shut up about that.  But on the more global topic of "good" repacks, I'm with DR.  It all comes down to character choice and if a figure is decent to begin with (as in the case of the ROTS Pilot Obi-Wan), I have absolutely no problem with them repacking the hell out of it for years to come.  But, if after what looks to be a first 30 figures which are, by and large, totally new sculpts or slightly modified already excellent sculpts, they go and repack any previous Jango Fett (especially when we're getting, what, three SA Boba Fetts?) in lieu of a totally new SA sculpt, then it's going to be a major disappointment. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: March 4, 2007, 06:04 PM »
So Wave 5 is AOTC. What is rumored?

Almost every rumor list we've seen has these listed for the AotC wave -

Wave ? - Attack of the Clones

Clone Trooper
Padme Amidala (Theed Dinner)
Jango Fett with Poncho
Voolvif Monn
Destroyer Droid with Shield
Concept Rebel Soldier

Also, according to the rumor lists, this should be wave 8 or 9 and not wave 5 unless Hasbro moves things around.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2007, 06:04 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 4, 2007, 11:36 PM »
All I want from an AOTC wave is a good SA Jango, a good SA Obi Wan, and a good SA Arena Padme. Combine those with a repacked Evolutions Anakin, repacked SA Clone Trooper, and some random Arena Jedi or Battle Droids and I'd say we have another winning wave.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: March 5, 2007, 01:13 AM »
I'd add Zam to that...  She really got a screwjob on her 2 figures.  neither one was any good...  Make 2 unique heads and you're set.  SA Jango and Zam are right up there on my AOTC resculpt wishlist though...  Obi-Wan as well.

I just don't dig Padme much to care about getting her in every outfit...  Guess I'm in the minority there.  Her "action" outfits like her white body suit thing are my favorite duds.  I like the Senator-sequence outfits too since there's almost a subline of Senator figures snuck out every year in the line.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 5, 2007, 04:56 PM »
There's a lot of AOTC figures I'd like to see still.  A good Arena Padme is probably toppers on my list, but also I want them to make the following -

- Orray w/ Geonosian Rider
- SA C3PO
- SA Jango
- generic Kaminoian
- clones in training fatigues
- SA Zam Wesell
- Fireside Padme
- Dorme
- Corde
- Onaconda Farr
- Owen Lars
- Beru Lars
- Cliegg Lars
- Dooku's pilot droid
- Rune Haako
- Po Nudo
- Hermione Bagwa
- Jocasta Nu
- Nyrat Agira
- Toonbuck Toora
- Tikkes

Not to mention playsets or vehicles...

:P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: March 5, 2007, 05:21 PM »
If you look at the tournament of Champion Wishlists last year, AOTC dominates the top 10...the Lars Family, Fireplace Padme and SA Jango are all there.  However, like Empire Strikes Back, there is actually very little left to do new character wise that tons of people are interested in...yeah the Padmes (handmaidens) and the Lars family...but most of the Jedi were fixed in their ROTS figures, we have all of the SA Clones.  What's left after that is the Outlander Club, Senators, really obscure Separatists (which are horrible at retail) and background Jedi (Bultar Swan, Jocasta Nu etc)...

I remember back in the day how much LFL was pushing the club to be the new Cantina and it really is anything but that.  With the bastardization of OT aliens that occured in TPM and the place being chock full of exotic looking humanoids there is not a lot of substance figure wise.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 8, 2007, 09:33 PM »
and background Jedi (Bultar Swan, Jocasta Nu etc)...

I remember back in the day how much LFL was pushing the club to be the new Cantina and it really is anything but that.  With the bastardization of OT aliens that occured in TPM and the place being chock full of exotic looking humanoids there is not a lot of substance figure wise.

I have to strongly disagree.  :(

Jocasta actually had quite the speaking role, I think were overdue for getting her. Bultar didn't speak, but we need her for our arenas, we really need her.

As for the nightclub, I think there's some really cool stuff there.
Lunae Minx (purple Twilek)
Besalisk Bartenders
Nyrat Agira
Tas Kee (female Weequay)
Hat Lo (ugly crime lord)
Ithorians (one of my all time favorite specie, i saw a couple in there)
Ongree Mayor-guy ( check starwars.com hes part of that whats the story database entry campaign)
Those cool football droids that were on the TV

Throw in an SA Zam, Evo Ani, and the comic pack Obi from later this year and you've got yourself at least two very cool Outlander waves.  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: March 8, 2007, 11:26 PM »
Oh don't get me wrongo, I'll buy anything new...but I know not everyone will.  Neimoidians have proven to be HORRIBLE pegwarmers.  Jocasta has been rumored since around 2003 and isn't even close to sniffing the pegs.  Same goes for the Lars family.  And Senator type figures are usually not ones that will appeal to anyone besides hard core collectors.  Add the sometimes irrational dislike of Menace and Clones by OT purists and you have a very difficult time selling lots of product from either movie. 

Do you honestly think there are collectors out there who are hot and heavy to complete their Outlander club scenes?  I could probably speak for most people and say that if another one of those figures is never done...people won't care. 

We'll be doing AOTC wishlists in about 2 months.  I can guarantee the Lars Family, Padme and some senators will dominate the list...Zam might make it...so might a SA Obi-Wan, but outside of that I really don't see a lot of people roaring that we need more AOTC figures.  #1 because a lot of stuff has already been made and #2 because there isn't a whole lot left to do

Offline my kind of scum

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 9, 2007, 12:08 AM »
I'd tend to disagree.  I know I am in the minority, but I would buy quite a few of the outlander club patrons and there are several in there that are very high on my wishlist.  Add the mos espa streets (the rickshaw droid is in my top ten most wanted figures, though it would have to be a deluxe) and the freigter (cook droid would be cool) as well as background jedi and senators and you have quite a few figures left for this one.  Honestly, I think AOTC and TPM have probably the most possibilities for figures that haven't been done yet.  However, I can see your point about people not liking those two films.  I do think that there is more of a market than people see.  I, for instance, never did find the anthony daniels and ahmed best figures or elan sleazebaggano at retail as they were constantly sold off of the pegs here when they released.  I've heard that that wasn't the case elsewhere, but I had to resort to Ebay...