Author Topic: 30AC Wave 8 - Attack of the Clones  (Read 48769 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC Wave 8 - Attack of the Clones
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2007, 04:19 AM »
The only additional benefit, and it's a slim one, is he's in ROTS as well in that uniform...  It's a figure I'd actually like in general, and I really think Lucas underutilized the Panaka/Typho characters.  Mostly Typho though...  Episode 1 he did a lot wrong with a variety of characters.

But anyway, I always though Typho going to Mustafar (insisting he did so or whatever), and Anakin outright choking the **** out of him when he ran to Padme's aid or something...  That would've kicked ass.  Or like him force tossing him off a wall and breaking his neck.  Something vicious, ya know?

Anyway, yeah it's a tough figure to pimp but I'd buy it.  If I'd buy a Neimoidian "Commander" I'd buy this.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2007, 10:33 AM »
But anyway, I always though Typho going to Mustafar (insisting he did so or whatever), and Anakin outright choking the **** out of him when he ran to Padme's aid or something...  That would've kicked ass.  Or like him force tossing him off a wall and breaking his neck.  Something vicious, ya know?

like force pushing him into lava? then lifting him out then dumping him back in?
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2007, 10:47 AM »

like force pushing him into lava? then lifting him out then dumping him back in?

and laughing all evil-like, "Mwuh-hahahaha!"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2007, 12:20 PM »
I tought Typho should have gone to Mustafar too, and gotten killed by Vader rather quickly.  Would have been awesome to see him shoot at Vader and for him to deflect it and then choke him to death.  Even moreso if 3PO witnessed some of this.   :)

:P

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2007, 12:41 PM »
I tought Typho should have gone to Mustafar too, and gotten killed by Vader rather quickly.  Would have been awesome to see him shoot at Vader and for him to deflect it and then choke him to death

It wouldn't be right without a definitive decapitation.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2007, 01:23 PM »
One figure from the AOTC wave has been confirmed!

From, http://www.thejawa.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=6397.0

1. Is the Destroyer Droid with shield being released later this year going to be a new sculpt?

HASBRO: It is a modified version of the destroyer that launched projectiles. We have deleted the launchers and swapped heads to a better head than the one it originally came with. Each will come with half of a full shield (due to package fit). If you buy 2, each half of the shield will attach to entirely enclose the droid.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 01:30 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2007, 02:36 PM »
I am not too crazy on the idea of having to buy 2 to get the whole shield.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2007, 02:42 PM »
It's OK in my book. I was going to pick a couple of these up anyway.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2007, 03:05 PM »
I don't like the notion of having to buy a second one of these just to complete one. If they can make up a way to put that moisture vaporator into a card back, they can double up on the bubble.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2007, 03:10 PM »
Yeah, I would assume that, being sorta half-sphere-like, they could nest one inside the other.  So I would think if one fits in the package, two could fit as well.  I guess it depends on the acutal shape of them, but it still seems strange to me.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2007, 04:33 PM »
Man, this is the year for half-pack-ins... half a drum for Umpass-Stay, but if you buy two (or as some think, the half-drum will appear with Ak-rev soon) .  ::) Is it for certain we're getting a full moisture vaporator?? *sarcasm on full!*

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2007, 06:06 PM »
It's about what I figured.  Having said that, it's a little lame you have to buy two.  But it's nice to know they're modifying the figure a little.  Those launchers suck.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2007, 07:01 PM »
i was going to pick up 2 anyways so thats good news for me.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2007, 12:07 PM »
Although I'm glad that the launchers are (finally) going the way of the dodo, I still wish they would go back to the vastly superior Episode I Droideka body.  That one actually sat correctly on its legs and had a poseable spine, not to mention no stupid lever on the back to make the arms swing uncontrollably.  Just do a new "head" for the Episode I version, repaint it, and you've got an "Ultimate" (albeit non-transformable) Droideka.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2007, 01:36 PM »
I don't see why everyone wants a transformable droideka, it'd suck. The only way a ball droideka would work was if it was that way for ever, like the CW figure.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m