Author Topic: 2007 Medicom Collectors Box Set  (Read 79105 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Medicom Collector Club Box Set
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2007, 11:44 PM »
Hey, a Silent Running fan!  8)

From this site:

Robonexus 2005

Also found this:

Pictures from LACon IV

No toys were made for SR, only resin kits or papercraft models. I have a resin kit of Louie & the Valley Forge. Have a look in the link below:

OT:1972 Silent Running movie toys?

Here a link for the papercraft kits:

Huey, Dewey & Louie

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2007, 11:50 PM »
Niiiiice score!  Did you order from BBTS?

I did not order from them... as stated previously, the whole BBTS pre-order seemed fishy to me because none of the other usual Kubrick sellers (Robby or Spanky) were taking pre-orders for the set.  To be safe, I went to a different source.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2007, 10:06 AM »
My box showed up yesterday and these guys are really quite nifty.  I sure hope they do the snowtrooper again in the next series, he's clearly worth repeating. :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2007, 10:14 AM »
You guys will have to fill me in on your other sources.  The only places I have found to get Kubies (outside of our group of course) are BBTS and Ebay.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2007, 10:39 AM »
You guys will have to fill me in on your other sources.  The only places I have found to get Kubies (outside of our group of course) are BBTS and Ebay.   :-\

Spanky is a retailer in Japan, not sure of the link.

Robby is a wholesaler and you have to own a business to order from him.
(I order through a friend and we are at our limit as to how many he can order on his CC.  He orders for a few people)

Tomo is in Japan and runs a service, although he is going through some insane stuff right now and needs to get things in order before he can get back into the swing of things.
He is a great guy and is always fair with his fees.  You can see a link to his blog and website at www.imatoygeek.com

My one other source is just a friend in Japan that gets me stuff from time to time.
I don't ask, I wait for the offer to get things like the Box set because its exclusive.
I don't like to torture them and have them run around looking for toys all the time, I appreciate all the help I have gotten and the work they go through to send stuff to me and I don't like to push the issue.
There are a billion things in Japan that I would want that you cannot get here!
But I only ask if certain things other than Kubricks happen to easy to find etc.
I've had people ask me before to ask if they could get certain items, but again, its not practical for me to ask them to search for a billion people, they just could not do it and it would look as though I am taking advantage, I value the friendship to much, I honestly could care less about the toys, its just a bonus.

When it comes to Star Wars Kubricks, allot of them are just as hard to find (or just as expensive)when you live in Japan let alone trying to get them anywhere else in the world, I'm talking Limited Exclusives or even chase figures in some cases.

Whats mentioned above is a good example, Robby and Spanky not taking Pre Orders, the set was supposed to be only available on line through Medicom.
So someone still needs to explain BBTS...

Doc
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2007, 11:25 AM »
I'm in the same boat largely.  I have a friend in Japan that helps me out.  I don't ask for too much, or try not too.  We started out trading figures, back near the end of Episode I because he had the HTF Hasbro figures and all he needed in return was Canadian carded figures, something he avidly collects from the modern line.  So we traded, but quite quickly I ended up having all the stuff I needed from him.  But he still wanted Canadian carded figures and since I was out anyway, I kept picking them up for him.  And I've been doing it now for 7 or so years.  I sell them at cost and shipping because I'm out there looking for myself anyway.  That paid off for me in recent years with help on GG and Medicom stuff.  And it's been great. 

I do have a membership at Robby.jp as well, so that's helpful but only when they get stuff which obviously doesn't always happen.

But much of my collection, outside of the chase figures and carded figures have come from ebay, same as most everyone else.  I just seem to usually be in less of a hurry than most people to get them or maybe having just a little more patience.  Maybe I'm drinking less. 

Either way, I'm as caught up as I intend to be on this line, outside of someone offering me a legitimate chase Ewok vile demon thing for a reasonable price and that ain't gonna happen.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2007, 08:21 PM »
Thanks for the info.  So do people think that BBTS is not going to come thru on these?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2007, 10:17 PM »
There is always that chance with any kind of preorders because they are alloting a certain number of pieces for shipment. Their supplier could always back out and send less sets than expected due to shortages or other reasons.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2007, 01:36 PM »
They're sold out at BBTS. And I can't find any on eBay. :(

Totally bizarre...  I just wandered over to BBTS to take a quick gander at the status of this box set, and it was listed right at the top of their Kubrick section as "Pre-Order", so I went ahead and placed an order for one (Collector Grade), which was completely processed and verified through e-mail.  I was about to hop back in here and mention it to anyone still in need, but as soon as I went back to the main page and checked their Kubricks out again, it was listed as "Pre-Order - Sold Out".  So judging by the looks of it, this set went back up for sale (pre-order), and I somehow managed to buy the very last one...  Wow.  Very lucky timing, I guess.

Now, fingers crossed that they come through, 'cause their prices sure as hell beat the ones on eBay for this set!  I've had good luck with them before, dating all the way back to Series 2, when Scott and I lucked out on that entire wave of 9 (including the Indy chase) for a surprisingly affordable $130.  Boy, those were the days...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2007, 01:42 PM »
I have had similair things happen to me with BBTS. Chances are someone canceled their pre-order and you got it. I hope they come through as well, i have one on pre-order too.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2007, 01:49 PM »

Totally bizarre...  I just wandered over to BBTS to take a quick gander at the status of this box set, and it was listed right at the top of their Kubrick section as "Pre-Order", so I went ahead and placed an order for one (Collector Grade), which was completely processed and verified through e-mail.  I was about to hop back in here and mention it to anyone still in need, but as soon as I went back to the main page and checked their Kubricks out again, it was listed as "Pre-Order - Sold Out".  So judging by the looks of it, this set went back up for sale (pre-order), and I somehow managed to buy the very last one...  Wow.  Very lucky timing, I guess.

Now, fingers crossed that they come through, 'cause their prices sure as hell beat the ones on eBay for this set!  I've had good luck with them before, dating all the way back to Series 2, when Scott and I lucked out on that entire wave of 9 (including the Indy chase) for a surprisingly affordable $130.  Boy, those were the days...

I noticed that too when I went there this morning to check on my pre-order's status. I then inquired customer service about the shipping status if it was still expected to ship this month after biening pushed back from April. Here's the response.

"We unfortunately do not have any more accurate arrival date information on this product, sorry. Manufacturers often do not tell us when items will be ready until the items are either in transit to us or about to ship to us. Manufacturers also often experience delays in the production or shipping of products so its hard to establish a specific release date. We will update our listings once more specific release & arrival information is known. "
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:53 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2007, 02:38 PM »

This is exactly what happened to me with the cereal Kubricks (Frankenberry, etc.) a while back.  I wanted the complete set with hologram versions, but they were sold out.  One night while online and drinking (but not on ebay) I stumbled into BBTS while googling for the damn things.  They had a set, I ordered it, went back and it was gone.  I got the confirmation email and sure enough they came through with the set when it came into stock. 

This is a very cool set by the way.  I haven't opened mine, but it's been a nice little run over the last month, getting a big Fett, big and little BHS and this box.  Mmmm, kubricks.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2007, 02:40 PM »
I have added the box set to the JediDefender Image Database. 

Clicky the image below to check out some nice new photos of the figures from the box set.  :)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2007, 02:43 PM »
Nice work.  8)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2007, 11:12 AM »
I got the set the other day, and opened it last night. I absolutely LOVE it!

By far the best of the 5 packs IMO.
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com