Author Topic: 2007 Medicom Collectors Box Set  (Read 79095 times)

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Medicom Collector Club Box Set
« Reply #135 on: January 5, 2008, 07:28 PM »
I can just hold out hope then I guess. If I see it on ebay I would try but $300 is way too much. And I would want ones that had weapons not the ones without like someone has been selling on there.

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 6, 2008, 09:32 PM »
Anyone have a good theory on why so many of these sets have been showing up loose without their weapons?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 6, 2008, 11:13 PM »
Anyone have a good theory on why so many of these sets have been showing up loose without their weapons?

Don't know anything about the sellers, but a couple of heavy overseas sellers appear to get factory rejects/extras.  I assume they either work there or know someone who does.  Not a big stretch to find something similar happening at the Mediacom production facility.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 7, 2008, 10:10 AM »
I bought a couple of these without their weapons on eBay.  I'd subscribe to the theory of "rejects".  The Blackhole Stormtrooper I got had stray silver ink on the backside.  When I first saw it, I thought maybe its a reject.  However, for a display purpose it looks fine and I can get extra blasters from other figures.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 7, 2008, 04:31 PM »
Can anyone PM me where they are getting these from?  I ran a qucik search on ebay and didn't see any, but would be interested in getting some without weapons for the right price...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 7, 2008, 04:49 PM »
PM sent.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 7, 2008, 08:36 PM »

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 7, 2008, 09:29 PM »
Even loose without the weapons these have been running pretty high. 

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 7, 2008, 10:21 PM »
Even loose without the weapons these have been running pretty high. 

Yeah, so far for the four figures I have, I've spent $160.  That's also without the Snowtrooper.  So once you factor in that those have been going for about $70, I'm in for at least $230 for this set...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 28, 2008, 07:31 PM »

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2008, 09:20 PM »
With prices like that, I'm glad I only spent $235...  I'll be shocked if that sells, but at the same time, I never thought I'd see a Veers go for $200 either.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Yikes! That's a hell of a price.

ULTRA RARE !! MEDICOM KUBRICK Star Wars 5 Pack Set

Glad to see someone making money off of these in the secondary market.  Too bad they didn't just make 4x as much though and let peopleadd to their collections for something less than the price of a TV.  Honestly, this set is party the reason I'm letting my kubie collection go.  Its one thing to not be able to get the variants, but making a box set of five pretty commmon characters this difficult to get is ridiculous.   :(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2008, 09:28 PM »
I think now you know how people in other countries feel about collecting all of these American Toy Lines...its the price you pay for collecting a foreign little produced line.  Just my 2 cents

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 28, 2008, 09:38 PM »
I think now you know how people in other countries feel about collecting all of these American Toy Lines...its the price you pay for collecting a foreign little produced line.  Just my 2 cents

No, I don't know.  I'm sure its a lot harder to collect in a foreign country because there is a ton of stuff that they don't have access to versus a few exclusives.  A lot of people in other countries probably don't have as big of an income to support their collection or as big of a house to display it in or clean drinking water for that matter.  Of course, I also don't know of too many SW toys that I could buy locally then sell overseas for 400% their original cost.

My comments are geared more towards exclusives of any kind.  Is it cool for you to have something in your collection than 99% of other collectors can't get?  Sure, but how does that make the other 99% of collectors feel?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2008, 10:54 PM »
To me that's the nature of collecting...not everyone can have every thing. 

And, Kubricks aren't mass produced Hasbro figures where every town in America with a Wal Mart can get you the same crap for months at a time, this is a very limited release item that was even less distributed than was originally thought to be, hence the high price.  But, its still cheaper than most chase figures on a price per figure cost, to me that's still reasonable, but to me, I'll pay $100+ for one chase Kubrick no problem, let alone 5 glaring wholes in my collection.  Those high prices have always been with this line and I don't even bat an eye any more...but maybe I should :-\