Collecting > Toy Reviews

New JD Review: 100th Review: POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jesse James:
Especially when the figure is pre-posed ever so slightly...  Those ankles and the unposeable arms are probably my biggest gripes with the figure in general, with the holster, helmet, blaster, and other "details" coming up second.  Either way it's a whole lot of suck compared to most anything we've seen coming in 2007.  HOw sad is that? 

I mean, the Honor Guard looks a million times superior, and these guys were hardly noticeable in ANH. :)  I need a GOOD Fleet Trooper now...  They're the Rebellion's footsoldiers!

JesseVader08:
That was a great read JJ.  At the time, it was great to see Hasbro use knee (and calf) articulation to allow for their classic pose of shooting from one knee, but the awkward arm and leg sculpts are really frustrating otherwise, just as you described.  I look forward to the day when the RFT is redone in a SA style to recreate the epic opening battle of Stormtrooper vs Fleet Trooper with unlimited poses that this diorama deserves.  8)

Jesse James:
Something a lot of people who like the figure seemingly enjoy overlooking is that the arms don't even come together to hold the blaster.  You have to have them rubber banded together for that 2-handed pose, which is how it was packaged if I'm not mistaken.  Once it came open though, the arms never went back together.

Another flaw on a figure filled with them I'm afraid.

JangoTat:
i admit i didnt agree with you at the start..mostly because i didnt have one and thought any rebel trooper would be good enough for me cause there are like none on the market..that are good. but i bought the comic pack with the repaint of him and i am highly dissapointed. like you just mentioned the hands dont come together. that was the first thing i had noticed and he cant stand properly. hasbro knows SA figures are what we like yet they always have to give us cool characters with crappy sculpts. :-\ should have listened to your review BUT i did like the comic so im not too disspointed.

Jesse James:
The comic version's a whole other ball of wax to me...  Lots of decoration flaws I could cite.  Not my cup of tea, but the gist of the review definitely carries over since it's a repaint of the same figure.

I like that the leg stripe doesn't match when you swivel the legs around on the comic figure.  :)  Nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version