Author Topic: NFL Offseason 2007  (Read 12268 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
NFL Offseason 2007
« on: February 13, 2007, 03:50 PM »
I think the Chargers are going to look at Marty's track record in the playoffs, wonder how a team with SO much talent cannot be ready to play in a playoff game, then look at the coach-- who looks bored with no headset on- trusting a young gun to call plays out there( despite his own playoff coaching record) and then they fire him. OR, if he doesn't win the SB next year he'll be fired, surely. Owners just don't want just awesome regular season teams, they want rings. Marty was lucky to win his last playoff game-- because he had Capt. comeback-General Joe at his reigns.

Seeing as how New England's track record with their current coach and QB, it seemed like the team(chargers) was not prepared well for that--dropped passes, fumblitis, uncharacterisitic defensive breakdowns, stupid personal fouls-- I would blame squarely on the coach. I know he doesn't play the game ..but he's not even communicating with headsets.. how does that look? It's his job to get the team ready and with few exceptions, I don't think he did.

DS

Marty ball IS over (Schott is fired)
Ha! Called it, but it really was a no brainer after all wasn't it though? Seeing his playoff track record and relationship with his GM weren't good.

EDIT: The teams(chargers) loss of crucial coordinator staff surely didn't help Marty's position; if anything, it showed there lack of confidence in him 

DS
« Last Edit: August 6, 2007, 11:33 AM by Jeff »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
NFL Off-Season 2007
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 08:39 AM »
The "lack of confidence" is not really what happened Slothus.  He had a highly publicized poor relationship with the GM.  Schottenheimer was using all 3 of his assistants and both coordinators to relay messages back and forth from the GM to himself and vice versa.  With the 3 assistants taking other jobs and the coordinators being canned, all of the middle men between Schottenheimer and his boss were eliminated, so Schott went.

At least that's the story I've heard everywhere.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
NFL Off-Season 2007
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 04:46 AM »
The "lack of confidence" is not really what happened Slothus.  He had a highly publicized poor relationship with the GM. 
At least that's the story I've heard everywhere.

Yeah, I mentioned that...HERE

Marty ball IS over (Schott is fired)
Ha! Called it, but it really was a no brainer after all wasn't it though? Seeing his playoff track record and relationship with his GM weren't good.

EDIT: The teams(chargers) loss of crucial coordinator staff surely didn't help Marty's position; if anything, it showed there lack of confidence in him 
DS

They DID have a lack of confidence in him...let see, if they lost all their coordinators(who were relaying messages, heard by everbody)
and since the GM relationship was at a disfunction.. then they certainly didn't have confidence in Marty to continue without that odd communication patch no longer intact.

It's an easier story to release to the media about the relationship issues being a major factor than just coming out and saying that a team is not confident that THAT coach can EVER guide them to a SB. It also was wrote that the GM and owner badly wanted a SB win this year. I don't think it's coincidence at all when they had the season they had and expected greatness only to have very 'uncharacteristic play' envelop and lead to a first round exit loss and have Marty as the coach too. They (chargers team) have plenty of Marty playoff blunders in playoffs to look at. The team didn't seem ready for this game to me-who's fault is that? Who prepares them for the game? The team got cocky with an early lead- so how was that handled by Marty in his halftime talk. Stupid unsportsmanlike penalties? It's like nobody led the team to focus. The main reason for Marty's playoff exits is he has really been outcoached, period.

The 2006 Chargers were not 'over achievers' they were that good.
I would say their head coach was an underachiever, obviously. An actual rare day believe it or not when they need more than their talent, they needed a coach to help them...the last coach I want is Marty.

I think Singeltary is their best option for a coach right now.

DS 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
NFL Off-Season 2007
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 01:05 PM »
Anyhow Slothus, that's soooooo last week, because nobody really cares about Marty Schottenheimer anymore since Tom Brady's ex Bridget Moynahan (who he broke up with in December) now tells him that she's 3 months pregnant with his baby, and he's with Gisele now!!! Whoooo!

« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 01:05 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
NFL Off-Season 2007
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 05:44 PM »
Anyhow Slothus, that's soooooo last week, because nobody really cares about Marty Schottenheimer anymore since Tom Brady's ex Bridget Moynahan (who he broke up with in December) now tells him that she's 3 months pregnant with his baby, and he's with Gisele now!!! Whoooo!

Just curious Dressel ...
-you always mention nobody, everybody..ect, in your posts. Just wondering if you ever speak for yourself on anything or just what YOU perceive to be what 'everyone' else is talking about?

DS

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
NFL Off-Season 2007
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 07:19 PM »
It was a joke  :-X

But now that you mention it, if you really want to measure the pulse of news worthiness, it's actually true that the Schottenheimer thing was last week's story.  I haven't heard a word about it on WFAN, ESPN radio - Steven A Smith, Max Kellerman, Mike and Mike, Michael Kay for days now.  Even though I was joking, it's actually true that Brady's hot women and baby daddy drama have been mentioned more lately. 

And that's how I know what "everyone" or "no one" is talking about.  Because I listen to nothing but sports radio, and I hear what the callers want to talk about.

Although, considering you're in California, and so are the Chargers, maybe it's still a hot topic in your neighborhood.  For most else, that was 3 news cycles ago.  Now we're talking about gay bashing former NBA stars and Brady's baby daddy drama. 

But remember, it all started with a joke.

:D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 08:09 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
NFL Off-Season 2007
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 11:24 AM »
  Now we're talking about gay bashing former NBA stars

Man, that was last week too.  And nobody cared about it either!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: NFL Off-Season 2007
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 02:14 PM »
Moss to Green Bay God I hope so! I'd like to see him get his dick knocking the dirt at Lambo against the Vikings.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 11:30 AM »
Moss to Green Bay God I hope so! I'd like to see him get his dick knocking the dirt at Lambo against the Vikings.

He was just traded to the Patriots for their 4th round pick.

That gives Tom Brady 2 HUGE WR targets, Stallworth and Moss  :o :o :o

Geez, add that to Laurence Maroney comin' out the backfield and a good defense, Patriots looking like a Top 3 team this year.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2007, 04:40 PM »
Patriots looking like a Top 3 team this year.

They already were a top 3 team without Moss.  This deal has to make them the early favorites next season.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2007, 04:50 PM »
Patriots looking like a Top 3 team this year.

They already were a top 3 team without Moss.  This deal has to make them the early favorites next season.

Okay, well, let's just say they leapt into that upper tier of San Diego, Indianapolis, Chicago, and Philadelphia (healthy McNabb) even in my mind now  :)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 05:37 PM »
The Pats were a few plays away from going back to the Super Bowl last year.  They solved that problem by signing receivers who don't drop passes and filled a huge hole at LB, a unit that flat out ran out of gas in the AFC championship.  Adding Moss is just icing on the cake.

San Diego will still be there, as will Indy (but I still think they have big issues with their defense).  Chicago and Philly, while good teams, are no where near the elite status of the three AFC teams.

So I'm just wondering how the Pats leap into the top five when they were there to begin with.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: May 8, 2007, 03:45 PM »
I have to admit i am worried about the Pats. I think they did the best in the off season. I hope my Jets give them a run in the division.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 8, 2007, 04:06 PM »
Adding Moss is just icing on the cake.

Is it? I wonder how that will turn out really.
Noticed a pool of folks thinkclaim it will be great for him at NE while others say he'll stink it up-and there will be marriage problems. Without being able to see the future, I'll just have to wait and see for myself.

Personally I would like him to suck there.

DS