Author Topic: Force Lightning and Bionic Parts  (Read 8520 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: found a massive flaw in ROTJ
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 07:37 PM »
I actually would think that it's not the cyber limbs that are a factor in Vader not generating the Force Lightning but the risk to his life support system shorting out.  I take it that the hands are just the means to "aim" the force lightning not a means to generate it.  If a Sith lord were so inclined he could probably shot Force Lightning out his A$$  ;D  I say this that a force user can move an object without without using his hands to do it, it's just that you use your hands to guide.  Also on a side note using the hands to move things with the force might be a more visual thing for the movie watcher rather then a necessity to move things.  Meaning well who throw that or who moved this you know who did it because of that person on screen used there hands.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 12:40 AM »
What?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 01:55 PM »
Why/how is this thread still open?  :P :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 04:08 PM »
Don't know but it's fun to look back at all the old stuff  ::)
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2007, 02:45 AM »
OK,

as established by the current EU and ROTS: a sith lord(or lady) with mechanical parts cannot summon Force lightening due to the fact that it would destroy the circuts and cause the limb to be useless.

yet in Jedi, Luke is pummeled to the floor by Darth Sidious's onslaught of dark force lightening and after this massive amount of torture. his mechanical hand still works? i mean yeah yeah it took a blaster shot  on the barge, but this really contradicts established lore.

are we supposed to believe Luke's hand is the only one capable of withstanding this? we can't write it off as more advanced than Vader's whole BODY or lumiyas imperial funded cybernetic replacements can we? also since thirty-seven years later in LOTF this is still the case. so....?

This is what Purge was replying to...

I still don't view it as a flaw myself though.  To me it's just as easy to say "Vader just doesn't dig the FL" as it is to say it's a mechanical impossibility.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2007, 05:11 PM »
This all relies on the assumption that all Sith have the ability shoot lightning. Maybe Vader can't shoot lightning, just like he couldn't revive the dead.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
Bionic parts prevent from developping force lighting power?
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 01:44 AM »
Darth Tyranus developped force lighting power in 10 years time, but Darth Vader spent 24 years with Palpatine and he didnīt acquire that skill. We can suppose it is due to the bionic or cyborg implants, both hands arenīt natural.

But In SWTFU, Vader Secret apprentice developped force lighting power, well probably because he has all his natural parts. A small incongruence with the Sw facts could be Vader throwing force lighting.

But Vader, Anakin a powerful sith, former jedi must have alternative to equal this lack of force lighting

He overcome Palpatine in Rotj with an Herculean feat, lifting the emperor and sending him to the DS2 reactor.

Please share your opinions about the acquisition of force lighting among sith.