Author Topic: American Idol Season 6, voter atrocities, and YOU: who's watching?  (Read 26363 times)

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
Re: American Idol Season 6, voter atrocities, and YOU: who's watching?
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2007, 04:57 PM »
The only reason I'd want to see Sangina stick around is if his sister (and her cleavage) continue to be in the audience to support him.  She's kind of cute.

And his mother is quite a MILF as well. The sister would be way hotter if she didn't have the fivehead...

I googled the word "fivehead" and now I can't stop laughing.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2007, 05:16 PM »
Sanjaya better get off tonight or I'm voting next week. Yeah, I've never voted, I just watch. :P
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2007, 05:33 PM »

I think the performance of the night was given by Ashley the Crying Nerd-Girl.  She was fantastic!
 ;)

Ok..i'm going to need to see this....is there a video online?

Well since no one stepped up to the plate here, I had to go and satisfy my own needs...which I suppose is kinda like the hotties thread... only not.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 05:34 PM by name »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2007, 06:03 PM »
Well since no one stepped up to the plate here, I had to go and satisfy my own needs...which I suppose is kinda like the hotties thread... only not.

That's the first I've seen of this season since the auditions were over, and I gotta say. . .  methinks Ashley may be barking up the wrong tree.

Now, to cleanse the ol' palate. . .

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2007, 06:05 PM »

I think the performance of the night was given by Ashley the Crying Nerd-Girl.  She was fantastic!
 ;)

Check out Idollogy.com for all the performances, which are also on YouTube.  Be sure to watch Sanvagina's performance for Ashley, the Amazing Crying Girl, who will no doubt be transferring schools after today.  ;D
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2007, 06:13 PM »

;)

Check out Idollogy.com for all the performances, which are also on YouTube.  Be sure to watch Sanvagina's performance for Ashley, the Amazing Crying Girl, who will no doubt be transferring schools after today.  ;D

lol...yes...shes off to start a charter school with the star wars kid...

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2007, 01:12 AM »
Howard Stern sucks...I want that gayfer off next week!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2007, 01:40 AM »
I love this stuff. :)  Being a huge Stern fan this is great to me...  Plus I dislike Idol past the first couple weeks.  When it gets to this point the show is worthless to me, so I really enjoy seeing it completely botched up by a mixture of things that people are actually angry about.

His listenership is actually under a million at this point.

Evenflow, how do you figure this really?  Granted not everyone with a sub is listening to him, but almost all the subs came with his announcement too so estimates have said it's safe to assume most of them are listening to him.  Sirius had low subscriptions until Stern's announcement which garnered steady sales, including 500,000 new subscriptions just 10 days before Stern was to kick off his show on Sirius.  The Sirius company now has 6 million subscribers, plus talks of a merger with XM Radio too which would basically double the subscriptions of both companies.

I think Stern's got plenty of influence actually to impact this whole thing.  I don't think he influences it solely though, and I think sites like "Vote for the worst" and stuff have had a partial impact.

I'm obviously a big Stern supporter, the show's better than it's ever been in my years of listening.  I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow's show just to hear Eric the Midget call in all pissed off.  There's something about this whole thing I can't stop laughing about.  Eric the Midget sent Ryan Secrest an email "discussing the Stern conspiracy" I guess.  :)  People are simply insane.

I tuned in just long enough to see him not even make it to the bottom couple...  That's funny.

I think between Stern, the site shilling this, and people who actually like that kid (I'm sure there's lots of them despite his suckyness), he's got a little while on there at least.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 01:50 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2007, 08:53 AM »
I am totally shocked that little rat slip through the cracks again. ****** unbelievable. There HAS to be some higher power causing this or otherwise it's the first sign of the apocalypse...  ::)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2007, 10:27 AM »
I love this stuff. :)  Being a huge Stern fan this is great to me...  Plus I dislike Idol past the first couple weeks.  When it gets to this point the show is worthless to me, so I really enjoy seeing it completely botched up by a mixture of things that people are actually angry about.

His listenership is actually under a million at this point.

Evenflow, how do you figure this really?  Granted not everyone with a sub is listening to him, but almost all the subs came with his announcement too so estimates have said it's safe to assume most of them are listening to him.  Sirius had low subscriptions until Stern's announcement which garnered steady sales, including 500,000 new subscriptions just 10 days before Stern was to kick off his show on Sirius.  The Sirius company now has 6 million subscribers, plus talks of a merger with XM Radio too which would basically double the subscriptions of both companies.

I think Stern's got plenty of influence actually to impact this whole thing.  I don't think he influences it solely though, and I think sites like "Vote for the worst" and stuff have had a partial impact.

I'm obviously a big Stern supporter, the show's better than it's ever been in my years of listening.  I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow's show just to hear Eric the Midget call in all pissed off.  There's something about this whole thing I can't stop laughing about.  Eric the Midget sent Ryan Secrest an email "discussing the Stern conspiracy" I guess.  :)  People are simply insane.

I tuned in just long enough to see him not even make it to the bottom couple...  That's funny.

I think between Stern, the site shilling this, and people who actually like that kid (I'm sure there's lots of them despite his suckyness), he's got a little while on there at least.

The reason why i know is becuase ia m in radio and see the competition ratings compared to our own. He may have brought listeners in but it is down right now. With that said, accuracy is always an issue. I don't really buy into it so i could just be talking and not speaking the truth. They are difficult to read but thats what it looked like last time i saw them.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 10:36 AM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2007, 12:42 PM »
Just wanted to share my new avatar with all of you idol fans.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2007, 12:46 PM »
Just wanted to share my new avatar with all of you idol fans.

GREATEST...AVATAR...EVVVVVVVEEEERRRR...  ;D

Nice work!

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2007, 02:35 PM »
Thanks, but I actually found it online.  The unshrunk version plays better:

"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2007, 03:46 PM »
Even, there are no competition ratings for Satelite though, so I don't understand how anything could compare him then.  It's not rated the same way...  There's no data for that and Sirius/XM can't keep track of it.  They basically estimate their personal ratings within their companies by subscription.  Terestrial Radio cannot monitor them and evaluate/compare against individual DJ's...  Or that's been my understanding anyway.

The #'s I was mentioning are from the subscription totals that spiked leading from 2005 into 2006 and then the subscription increases over that year.  The total to come with Stern is set just below the 6 million new subscriptions the company drew in within the past year or so of him signing his deal with them.  Obviously not all those are his audience though, of course, but one could assume the majority are.

Sorry to take this off-topic by the way.  I'm sure it'll right itself quickly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2007, 03:50 PM »
mesmerizing.

oh look....i wore out the funny.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 03:51 PM by name »