Author Topic: American Idol Season 6, voter atrocities, and YOU: who's watching?  (Read 26351 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Last week was pretty much an outrage as we saw Jared Cotter, Sundance Head and Sabrina sent home so that the likes of Sanjaya could make the Final 12.  Not that there isn't some kind of uproar every year.  But, out of the final 12, I've gotta say that I really only look forward to Chris Richardson, Chris Sligh, Gina Glocksen, and Brandon Rogers. Blake Lewis a little.

I'll predict at this time that Chris Richardson will win.  The only one that I got right in the past 3 seasons was Carrie Underwood who I called would win in season 4 at the time of the Final 12.  Last year I thought it would be Chris Daughtry.

Here's who's left that I am at all interested in watching perform:

Gina Glocksen

Blake Lewis

Brandon Rogers

Chris Richardson

Chris Sligh

I am really gonna miss Jared Cotter and Sundance. Alaina Alexander too.

Jared Cotter

Sundance

Alaina Alexander

I can't believe Sanjaya made it over them.  The Indian Conspiracy Theory is running rampant.  There are about 360 million Americans and about 1.1 billion Indians.  If in fact they're voting for him strictly on nationality, could it be Sanjaya is the next American Idol?  Yikes.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 06:11 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
 >:( I hope not.He has vocals that are not existant.I can't believe He's still here after last week and the week before.I like Blake Lewis ;D
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Dressel, tell me you don't seriously watch that shitbag of a television show.

Please.   :-\

For what it's worth, there is no international Indian conspiracy.  It's probably just because of stuff like this website.

(The idiots at work are talking about it.... I swear)   :-*
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 11:21 PM by Rob »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile

Dude, that's what I said. :P

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex

I watch the auditions.

(The show sucks balls after that, though.)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
I concur with the above... 

I love watching people humiliate themselves, quite happily, but after that it's just a lame karaoke show.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
As long as you're doing something productive while it's on (like customizing) then it's ok that you watch this show Dressel.   8)

:P

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Voter atrocities?  There's a 2000 election joke to be made in there somewhere, but instead I'll just concur that American Idol is for dipshits.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
Last week was pretty much an outrage as we saw Jared Cotter, Sundance Head and Sabrina sent home so that the likes of Sanjaya could make the Final 12.  Not that there isn't some kind of uproar every year.  But, out of the final 12, I've gotta say that I really only look forward to Chris Richardson, Chris Sligh, Gina Glocksen, and Brandon Rogers. Blake Lewis a little.

I'll predict at this time that Chris Richardson will win.  The only one that I got right in the past 3 seasons was Carrie Underwood who I called would win in season 4 at the time of the Final 12.  Last year I thought it would be Chris Daughtry.

Here's who's left that I am at all interested in watching perform:

Gina Glocksen

Blake Lewis

Brandon Rogers

Chris Richardson

Chris Sligh

I am really gonna miss Jared Cotter and Sundance. Alaina Alexander too.

Jared Cotter

Sundance

Alaina Alexander

I can't believe Sanjaya made it over them.  The Indian Conspiracy Theory is running rampant.  There are about 360 million Americans and about 1.1 billion Indians.  If in fact they're voting for him strictly on nationality, could it be Sanjaya is the next American Idol?  Yikes.

You know how I know you're gay?
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
I concur with the above... 

I love watching people humiliate themselves, quite happily, but after that it's just a lame karaoke show.

I stopped thinking that way when I decided that 90% of those people humiliating themselves are actors being told to go sing like crap because it pulls in big ratings and ideally hooks people for the ****** part of the show too.

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: American Idol Season 6, voter atrocities, and YOU: who's watching?
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 11:20 AM »
My wife loves this show, and because we only have one tv and all that "...in sickness and health" oath junk, I watch it, too. I find it mildly amusing at the beginning, and somewhat entertaining when they choose their own songs during the final 24; however, during the final-12 shows, I usually find myself falling asleep. Last night was no difference, as the theme was Diana Ross. It was utterly boring. Even her upbeat songs were made sluggish. I have watched enough to make a fairly observant guess that either Melinda or Lakisha will be the next Idol. I enjoy their performances the most, with Blake and Sabrina coming in a distant third and fourth.   

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 11:43 PM »
yeah, its crap, except for simon's mean comments and auditions, those are pretty funny. it gets worse every season. i actually like gina and chris sykes the most. lakisha and melinda are pretty good. as for the rest, i just cant care less if they go home. sanjaya sure sucks though, i cant stand him.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 12:14 AM »
I hate that Sanjaya, he sucks badly. How that black dude got out & he didn't is beyond me.
I say it's not the Indians but the gay guys of America, they all want a gay American Idol for once.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 10:43 AM »
Voter atrocities?  There's a 2000 election joke to be made in there somewhere, but instead I'll just concur that American Idol is for dipshits.

That joke Ellen made at the Oscars was pretty good... and had American Idol reference, too.

"Jennifer Hudson doesn't get America's votes and doesn't win the nomination on American Idol. Al Gore gets America's votes, but not the nomination." Something like that.... better when Ellen told it.

I gave up on AI just because it's become a popularity contest and not a talent contest. And then most of the people that win that thing are never going to be super-successful anyway.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2007, 03:29 PM »

I gave up on AI just because it's become a popularity contest and not a talent contest. And then most of the people that win that thing are never going to be super-successful anyway.

Oh totally, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood haven't been able to earn two blessed nickels to rub together.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 03:29 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda