Author Topic: American Idol Season 6, voter atrocities, and YOU: who's watching?  (Read 26352 times)

Offline blimpyboy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Gamorrean lover
    • View Profile
Re: American Idol Season 6, voter atrocities, and YOU: who's watching?
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2007, 11:01 AM »
I skipped watching it this week because I was so disenchanted with all the talent that left in favor of Sanjaya.

I might actually start watching again now.

I was thinking that the voting system is broken.  I thought of some ways they could fix it:

1.  Find a way to allow only 1 vote per phone number.

2.  Let the judges handle it.

3.  Have the live audience in the auditorium vote on a keypad on the arm of their chair, 1 vote per person.  I've seen game shows that do this.

Anyhow, guess I'll give it another shot now.

Are we really sure about the voting system?  Don't you all think we're underestimating the impact of VFTW?  India's got over a billion people, and nothing stops international viewers from voting.  Perhaps they just want to see an Indian-American American Idol.  If he had won though, it would have been the biggest travesty in AI history since Reuben won.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
I still hate this show, but howbout this for a voter attrocity, Melindas out and the pretty bad 16 year old and gay guy are in the finale.

I liked Homer last night though, if anyone caught that.  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Good.  I couldn't stand Melinda.  I'm not really a huge fan of either Blake or Jordin (this season really sucks), but I think that both are deserving of making the final.  Melinda was the best singer remaining in the competition, but she bored me to tears.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
I still hate this show, but howbout this for a voter attrocity, Melindas out and the pretty bad 16 year old and gay guy are in the finale.

Wait, is he really? I had a theory and my wife thought I was crazy...

I'm actually pissed that Melinda's out. I still think that she is hands down the best female singer they've ever had on the show. The only good thing about her being out early is that she is free to do her own thing and not be stuck under their control for the rest of her career...

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
I like Jordin. But Blake sucks!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile

Wait, is he really? I had a theory and my wife thought I was crazy...

...Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
I don't think there is anything special or unique about Jordin.  She's a 17 year old high school kid and just looks like a big faker to me.

Blake is special, talented, and unique...gay or not.  I'm pulling for him to win it all.

About Melinda being the best female singer ever above....I gotta go with Carrie Underwood.  This one still gives me goose bumps:

Click here for goose bumps.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
This one still gives me goose bumps:

Click here for goose bumps.

I couldn't agree more.  This was my favorite performance of hers from that season.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Blake booodoooo bee pooo doo bop boooooooooooooo suc uh uh uhuh uh uhcks!
He's Ok when he's not beeee-eeeeee-at tuh tuh tuh boooooooxiiiiiing.
But heeeeee's noooooot spee eh eh ehcial liiiiike Joooooordiiiiin.

::)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Personally, i think the entire year was a wash. None of the people involved were tha great. I think Melinda had the best voice but one person could not save a season. I dont see anything special in Blake.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
I don't think there is anything special or unique about Jordin....Blake is special...., talented, and unique...gay or not.  [/url]

Dude, my daughter made me watch the finale of this show.  It made me want to kill myself.  It was horrible.  Those renobs are only one kind of "special"

"Really?  Sorry."