Author Topic: 30AC Wave 7.5 - Repaint Replacement Wave  (Read 41918 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: Force Unleashed Replacement Wave
« Reply #60 on: May 8, 2007, 06:44 PM »
Darth Vader- It was bound to happen. I'll pick one up.
R2-B1- YAY! Second best figure of the wave, should of been a 2-pack though.
Brown Spot Clone- I bought into the 5th Security Clone & 442nd Clone because they were cool & had EU backstory, but this is just pitiful...PASS! Or if it's on sale for the coin.
Naboo Trooper- PASS! Or if it's on sale for the coin.
Rebel Vangaurd- Oooh...Cool. I'll pick up a couple!
Cloak Clone Trooper- Nice! I'll pick up around 10-15.
Pax Bonkik- New background citizens are very welcome in my collection!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 8, 2007, 07:13 PM »
I'll pick up a few of the Poncho Clones and the R2-B1. I guess I'll get the Rebel and the Rodians if they look good enough. But the rest can...

[Cartman]... get the fudge out![/Cartman]
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 8, 2007, 09:56 PM »
Looks like there's a pretty good mix of what people do and don't want from this wave, which I think is a pretty good indicator of a good wave.  Again, kudos to Hasbro on piecing together a decent assortment with little planning. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: May 9, 2007, 01:18 AM »
I agree with that assessment Jman...  There's a mix of people who love it and don't really love it, but it seems everyone's into SOMETHING out of the assortment...  The poncho Clone seems to have the most love though, which is funny since he's EU, technically.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 9, 2007, 09:31 AM »
Again, kudos to Hasbro on piecing together a decent assortment with little planning. 

One does have to give kudos for that. I might complain, but it is a challenge for Hasbro to meet these demands.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2007, 09:56 AM »
Lets be happy there IS a replacement. As usual the majority of people will cave anyway and buy them. We bitch because we constantly want more and cannot feed our SW appetites!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2007, 06:26 PM »
Darth Vader- Neat, but will pass.

R2-B1 (Naboo Droid)- Will get, more TPM figures are always welcome. Hope it comes with the starship restrainer thingy.

Brown Spot Clone- PASS. In terms of Phase 2 Clones, I've had enough.

Naboo Trooper- YES! Great figure first time around, great figure second time around. Will probably get, and if it comes with some extra stuff (Crates, etc), will be a must buy.

EU Rebel Vanguard- Pretty cool, nice to see more EU troopers. Might get. Hope it comes with a new game-accurate missile launcher.

EU Muddy Clone Trooper (Cloak)- Might get, Phase 1 Clones are always welcome. Hope the poncho is SG and new.

Pax Bonkik- More obscure TPM Aliens, yay! might get.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2007, 06:56 PM »

Pax Bonkik- More obscure TPM Aliens, yay! might get.

Ya know, you have a point. It is very encouraging to see more TPM aliens. They are very cool, Ive been wanting more forever, esp. senators and podracers. If they can do Pax Bonkik, then they can do Sebulba's TwiLek masuesses, Mot Not Rab, Sei Taria (shes actually overdue), Passel argente, Elan Mak, and Boles Roor. I cant wait to see a whole wave of stuff like this.  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC Wave 8 - Repaint Replacement Wave
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2007, 02:15 PM »
The early C-IV pics seem to indicate that the Rebel Vanguard really is just a straight repaint of the black Saga06 Endor Trooper mold with the RFT Helmet and Vest slapped on him.

Ick... no improvement there.  I was hoping we'd get some new weapons at least, but it doesn't look like it.   :-\

I'm still digging R2-B1 though.  I'd love those little droids, especially with that sculpt.  :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 02:17 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2007, 09:43 PM »
i was hoping we would get a rocket launcher with the rebel but owell. the AOTC clone looks awsome. same with the droid.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2007, 10:49 PM »
I'll get the TPM droid and the EU Rebel Vanguard... Stinks it doesn't include the launcher.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2007, 02:17 AM »
I'm still pumped about the muddy poncho Clones from Clone Wars, and R2-B1's neat...  But boy the others are really just a bunch of schlubs when you look 'em over.  Repaint waves aren't easy to get ramped up for anyway but these seem really meh to me.  Probably one of the only semi-disappointments of the day...

I'm kind of hopeful though that these were so hurredly slapped together that we are gonna get a nifty rocket launcher for the vanguard, however I'm not holding my breath that they "just didn't have time to bring it", ya know?

I'm geeked for SA muddy clones though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2007, 09:02 AM »
Yeah, I'm psyched for the Clone w/poncho and R2-B1 as well.  I'll also pick up the Holo Vader, but I'm undecided on the rest of the wave.  If I'm complete up until that point, and these have character specific coins as well, I might end up picking the rest up too.  We'll see.  Like you Jesse, I'm not real excited for the wave otherwise.  If its the "last wave", I'm glad this would be the tougher to find ones than the previous waves.  That said, I think the "release date" for this wave was actually a month earlier than Wave 7's, according to the placecards - if those mean anything at all.  Who knows.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2007, 09:33 AM »
For some reason, I thought the Naboo soldier would only have a red hat varient, not the whole outfit.

Wonder what's underneith the cloak on the clone. SA?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2007, 11:34 AM »
I still think that scuba trooper looks silly.  But of course I'll buy two of them.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today