Author Topic: 30AC "Battle of Geonosis" Battle Pack  (Read 15626 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: "Battle of Geonosis" Battle Pack
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2006, 12:38 AM »
Crap.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2006, 03:28 PM »
I gots me more beer money now ;D
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #47 on: November 9, 2006, 04:49 PM »
I love how they snuck in the CW Obi-Wan. The niteclub Obi would have been a better choice. Plus the Jango, he has already made his BP appearence. A Geo warrior or x2 Red BD would have been better choices.
PASS.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2007, 06:13 PM »
Saw this one as well today.  both this one and the Dagobah were on the shelves at Walmart.  It's a new low though for the guy that did what he did to this battle pack.  It rates up there on the weird shiite-o-meter.  Right up there with the guy that removed the Saga 2 Endor trooper and replaced him with the Saga 1 Endor trooper and returned him.  The Jango in the pack was removed and replaced with a Baccara clone minus the Pauldron and Kama but still left the flame missle thingy in there.  Definatley weird and really makes me wish I had a camera phone.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2007, 08:04 PM »
Yeah, I just don't understand these people that replace figures.  Anyways, I wanted to say that I saw 2 of these BPs this afternoon at Target next to 2 Dagobah BPs.  So it looks like these BPs are starting to be put out at different stores.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 4, 2007, 01:19 PM »
Finally saw this set yesterday.  I like all of the figure choices for this general release battle pack.  Well, all of them except for one.  WHY IN THE SAM HILL DID HASBRO PUT AAYLA SECURA IN THIS BATTLE PACK WHEN SHE'S ALREADY IN THE FELUCIA ONE?!?! Stupid Hasbro.  You've got umpteen different Jedi in the arena battle, many of who have been produced before.  Why issue the same Aayla Secura in two different battle packs that are on the shelves at the same time?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 4, 2007, 03:22 PM »
Finally saw this set yesterday.  I like all of the figure choices for this general release battle pack.  Well, all of them except for one.  WHY IN THE SAM HILL DID HASBRO PUT AAYLA SECURA IN THIS BATTLE PACK WHEN SHE'S ALREADY IN THE FELUCIA ONE?!?! Stupid Hasbro.  You've got umpteen different Jedi in the arena battle, many of who have been produced before.  Why issue the same Aayla Secura in two different battle packs that are on the shelves at the same time?

i dont understand either. ROTS ki-adi, OTC pablojill, maybe coleman trebor, all wouldve been great, but no!  ::)
i also think they couldve put in the ep2 colector tin jango in rather than the saga one. it wouldve made more sense and made this set a lot better.  :(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: February 4, 2007, 06:23 PM »
Hasbro addressed the how's/why's they sometimes don't give the mix everyone thinks is "ideal" in their battlepacks in a recent Q&A...  It has to do with what molds are at what factories and things.  I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on that one I think since Battlepacks are (usually) slapped together with cost effectiveness in mind.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 4, 2007, 09:14 PM »
Hasbro addressed the how's/why's they sometimes don't give the mix everyone thinks is "ideal" in their battlepacks in a recent Q&A...  It has to do with what molds are at what factories and things. 

I've heard them address this firsthand at Toy Fair and other events where Hasbro exhibits.  They've most commonly addressed this when we talk about Basic Figure reissues and you start to understand why one version of a character is chosen over another that collectors might consider to be superior.

But this particular situation seems to me like a case of Hasbro's exclusives group not communicating with their general retail group.  There are actually some divisions within Hasbro along these lines.  It seems to me as though these groups were not communicating when they were planning out the general release battle packs and the exclusive ones.  Especially when you consider all of the Jedi that were in the arena battle that have figures besides Aayla Secura.  Look at this:
-Anakin Skywalker
-Kit Fisto
-Plo Koon
-Saesee Tiin
-Luminara Unduli
-Barriss Offee
-Ki-Adi Mundi
-Mace Windu
-Coleman Trebor
-Shaak Ti
-Pablo Jil
-Sora Bulq
-Agen Kolar
-Nikto Jedi (either version)

With that many characters at their disposal that are ready for reissue, this just comes across as very lazy on Hasbro's part.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 4, 2007, 09:16 PM »
 :P Pass on this one :-\
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 5, 2007, 12:33 AM »
:P Pass on this one :-\

I wish I could have done the same.  I collect everything Hasbro and this pack really just disgusted me for some reason moreso than the others.  I started back into collecting around Ep1 so I had to back track.  I absouletly loved the Cinema Scene sets, simply because I didn't own most of those figures, but now it's just getting ridicoulus.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 5, 2007, 09:33 AM »
The important question is, will this pack and the other pack sit so long that they will make it harder for the Tantive IV pack to hit the shelves?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2007, 02:30 PM »
Just a heads up to everyone, I was at Target today and all of the general Battle Packs were on Clearance already.  The DCPI is 087-06-1707 and the price was $13.98.  Good luck if you are still looking to get your re-released figures at a discount!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!