Author Topic: Master Replica Scaled Helmets  (Read 22190 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replica Scaled Helmets
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2007, 02:19 PM »
Are any retailers carrying these aside from MR's store?

One of the best on the web -

The Saber Vault

Thanks Beth, obviously I'm too lazy to just look around.  I've ordered from The Saber Vault before for a couple of my FX sabers and the service has always been top notch.  To answer DarkKnight2k4's question, within the US SAber Vault ships for free
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2007, 02:43 PM »
Nice ! That is a plus.

Ok, so do they charge now or do we pay upon shipment ?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2007, 03:36 AM »
So I wonder how today's news (of MR dumping the Star Wars license at year-end) will affect this helmet line...?  Assuming LFL and MR don't work out their differences, how many helmets do you guys think they'll squeeze out before they go kaput?  I suppose it's possible that they may not even delve into the line beyond the C4 exclusive Wedge, and the severl molds they inherited from Riddell.  That'd certainly make collecting this line a tad bit easier though, I suppose.  :P

I haven't followed squat in regards to C4, but did they put the Wedge helmet up for pre-order, or is it just first come, first served at their booth?

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2007, 08:26 AM »
Nothing from MR on C4...might be all FCFS.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2007, 12:42 AM »
So I wonder how today's news (of MR dumping the Star Wars license at year-end) will affect this helmet line...?

I haven't followed squat in regards to C4, but did they put the Wedge helmet up for pre-order, or is it just first come, first served at their booth?

Yikes.  RS just posted a story (which has now suddenly disappeared), that MR won't be at C4 now (except for the MR party), and won't be selling their C4 exclusives next week anymore, though they will be available on their site later.  They also showed a list of the handful of items still on tap through the end of the year, and no other helmets were included.  Looks like this line may be done before it even began.  It also looks like there's some serious bad blood between MR and LFL, and that the dissolution of the license is far from ammicable.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2007, 08:28 AM »
From what I understand this news stands true to form.

No booth.
Exclusives on-line.
Party is on.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2007, 09:08 PM »
The brilliance of MR never ceases to amaze me....tomorrow they put their C4 exclusives up for pre-sale to CS members and then to the masses on Thursday.  Nice....Like I'll be near a ******' computer to get either one.....dickheads
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2007, 10:25 PM »
The brilliance of MR never ceases to amaze me....tomorrow they put their C4 exclusives up for pre-sale to CS members and then to the masses on Thursday.  Nice....Like I'll be near a ******' computer to get either one.....dickheads

Sent you an email at work.  No, for a change I'm not begging ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2007, 04:54 AM »
I love it when Beth gets pissed off like that!  8)

But yeah, I was thinking the same exact thing earlier this evening, that it's completely asinine for them to put up their (former) C4 exclusives for sale online right as everyone's piling into C4 in person.  Brilliant.  ::)

BTW, I was reading through the MR chat with Amy, and apparently MR isn't going to get to any of the other helmets now (including the TIE Pilot), other than the three they'd already put up for pre-order.  Great.

Of course, I didn't pre-order the Stormtrooper helmet and have probably missed the boat on it, so now all my taunting of Brent is probably going to come back to bite me in the ass.  I hate it when that happens...  >:(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2007, 05:03 AM »
Of course, I didn't pre-order the Stormtrooper helmet and have probably missed the boat on it, so now all my taunting of Brent is probably going to come back to bite me in the ass.  I hate it when that happens...  >:(

Heh heh, karma's a bitch.  :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2007, 12:11 PM »
Not so fast...  I popped into MR last night and re-upped my CS membership (to get the Qui-Gon mini saber), so now I'm going through the exciting process of TRYING to get a damned order through for Wedge helmet, at which time I'll be pre-ordering the Stormtrooper helmet as well (which is still available, apparently).  So perhaps I'll get to continue to talk **** to Brent after all, once I've gotten my (white) Stormie for half the price that he did...  :P

Of course, that would entail actually being able to get the damned MR site to open, which is not likely to happen any time soon.  God, I love ordering Star Wars exclusives online the moment they go up for sale.  Such a smooth process.  Every time...  ::)

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2007, 01:14 PM »
And we thought getting the BHS GG Bust was a b**ch !!!  >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2007, 02:34 PM »
So perhaps I'll get to continue to talk **** to Brent after all, once I've gotten my (white) Stormie for half the price that he did...  :P

Of course, that would entail actually being able to get the damned MR site to open, which is not likely to happen any time soon.  God, I love ordering Star Wars exclusives online the moment they go up for sale.  Such a smooth process.  Every time...  ::)

Actually it would be closer to a third of the price, if I didn't pay even more than that.  But I've spent about $0.20 a day to watch your completeist ass squirm while I have something you don't, so it was worth every penny.  :-*

I'm hoping to get the Wedge helmet on Thursday as I refuse to re-up with MR's collectors society.  I got royally screwed by them a couple of years back with no responses from the customer service department.  I think they make stellar products, but if you're outside the US, you don't even exist, even if you're a member of the collector's society. 

Quite bummed they won't be pumping out the Tie Pilot helmet, that's the one I was really looking forward to.  I may snap up another Stormtrooper just on principle though. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2007, 02:55 PM »
"Only" took me 40 - 45 minutes to get my order through, so it looks like I'm good to go on the Wedge helmet, as well as the (super-dooper shiny white) Stormrtrooper.  Thank God.  But yeah, the online ordering process for Star Wars exclusives, whether it's MR or GG, is completely ridiculous.  Apologies and excuses every single time from the both of them, but year after year, it's the same bull****, without one iota of an improvement in the ordering process.  Pathetic.

But I've spent about $0.20 a day to watch your completeist ass squirm while I have something you don't, so it was worth every penny.  :-*

>:(

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2007, 04:13 PM »
which trooper helmet did you wind up getting JediMac...the .45 scale or the full scale?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 04:13 PM by nitro »