Author Topic: Your 30AC Shopping: Retail or Online?  (Read 11096 times)

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Re: Your TAC Shopping: Retail or Online?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 11:47 AM »
Well if could find what I want online, I'd buy it...  :'(

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 02:44 PM »
For those who want to shop online, Newforce comics put up Wave 3 and the Vinatge line for presale.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline darthmac

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Diorama Website
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 02:49 PM »
Mostly retail, but when I see a fair deal online I'll go for it.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #18 on: April 2, 2007, 03:17 PM »
More and more I buy online. Plus I get it sooner without dealing with the fat bearded scalpers. I rather save the gas and time. I just turned 30 and I am getting very bored of going in stores and leaving empty handed. I still store hunt only before work so its nice and early to beat them. Its the damn exclusives they keep me going.
Online the way to go I already have TAC wave 2, Sith infiltrator, V wing as of 2 weeks ago. The little hunting I do satisfies the competitive hunting spirit I have left.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 10:19 PM »
Quick question for online shoppers - does EntertainmentEarth.com double box when they ship?  Last year, when I ordered from them, I received everything minty mint and double boxed.

Just recently I received a case that wasn't double boxed and in rough shape. 

Kind of a big deal as I like to keep some figures carded.

Any experiences or insight is greatly appreciated.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2007, 10:34 PM »
Quick question for online shoppers - does EntertainmentEarth.com double box when they ship?  Last year, when I ordered from them, I received everything minty mint and double boxed.

I think my stuff from them has always been double boxed.  Themint condition guarantee on figures, so you should send it back and request a replacement if the cards were damaged.  I sent a package back years ago and they were very prompt in sending me a new one.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Your 30AC Shopping: Retail or Online?
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2007, 09:13 AM »
I agree with JediJmam about calling them on the Mint Condition Guaranteed. I ordered everything from them via will call and I still got my orders double boxed.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2007, 09:59 AM »
I picked up all of my EU Comic Packs, Wave 3, and Vintage at retail. With Wave 4, I bought all I wanted from Amazon. I could see online purchasing being my new standard for figures.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2007, 11:14 AM »
I'm going to roll with New Force from here on out to whatever extent the case assortments make sense to do so.

The rest I'll go retail.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2007, 01:22 PM »

If anything weird happens with your order that in any way causes it to arrive in less than what you deem mint condition, please call us at Entertainment Earth (1-800-370-2320) and let us know-- we have the guarantee to make sure you're happy with your order should any snags cause your figures unnecessary scratches and/or dents.   I'm not kidding when I say we want to hear from you if anything happens to your order that you may not entirely be thrilled with.

(/dayjob hat)
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2007, 05:29 PM »
Thanks for the advice - I sent an email to CS kindly requesting that my future orders be double boxed.

I don't think that's too much to ask considering NF and others do it...and their prices are cheaper.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007, 09:36 AM »
I rather just online if I can.... Gas costs to much when the scalpers have already gotten everything.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2007, 10:33 AM »
I went ahead and pretty much pre-ordered everything so far this year, especially with the new baby and being tied to home a bit more right now.  It has worked out pretty well so far, and I've gotten each wave before it has hit retail.  If for some reason I find them in the stores first, I could always cancel the order.  There hasn't been any sign of Wave 4 or beyond here yet, and Legends has been more uncommon as well, but I think I've seen each figure from the first three TAC waves in the stores at least once.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2007, 12:11 PM »
I've been ordering everything online since wave 3. The only problem is that Entertainment Earth has yet to fill any of my preorders and New Force has already shipped all of their preorders for the same waves. I'm not even sure I'm going to get my wave 4 revision cases and wave 5 case from EE. At least I preordered the remaining waves through New Force. Hopefully they can come through. The only thing I've seen at retail are the ROJ Luke and CZ-4 as far as new waves go. That was just yesterday. It's just easier to think that the shipping charge is less than all the gas I'm going to blow through trying to hunt these down.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2007, 12:49 PM »
Online is the way to go the stores runs are not really worth it anymore in my opinion. Too many disappointments of leaving with no figures. I already have wave 5 in hand today from D&S. I am tired of the early morning runs to beat the Hot Wheels crowd for UGH's. Wave 4 is really scarce here. D&S & New Force are the best place to preorder from. EE is too slow and more expensive.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/