Author Topic: Who else is ready to put a bullet in the shadow Stormtrooper craze?  (Read 4008 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Not exactly in the realm of TAC but I wanted to pose the question to my JD peeps.
The Shadow Stormtrooper is like the new "holographic" of rehash. I think its to the point of overkill. I just saw the Lego maquette and had enough.

Hasbro: Great exclusive and a welcome edition. Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Kubrick, Hasbro comes back with Unleashed and Galactic heroes- lame. And the list goes on. Can we tell LFL to stop beating this dead and over used horse. Lets move on now, its bad enough we have another clone coming with the Horse poop orange splatters coming but at least its a different paint scheme.

Yes, I am very cranky because I have not had any new figures......so I need something else to complain about.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
You can tell that LFL finally lifted the 'ban' on black stormtroopers as every licensee has brought back their old tooling to get one last hit.  And when I say every, I mean every last one.

I see GG is doing their animated stormie statue in three flavors:

*White
*Black and White
*Black

Never thought I'd see the day where one could take an OT stormie and tweak him three times without additional accessories...

Talk about flooding the market - sooner or later collectors will get sick of this ****.  I know I've cut down tremendously.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
I have to agree to a certain point. I remember when i was a kid and saw them in the old Marvel Comics how much i wanted one. Its great to get one, I picked up the Hasbro 4 inch figure and the Medicom RAH. I think that pretty much covers it for me. I am not interested the the Lego version and probably wouldn't buy an animated maquette.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Haven't even gotten to the Crimson ones yet...  Wait'll they realize they can milk that color too, for a little while.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Hell, I still don't have the Hasbro 3.75 exclusive one... Hopefully they'll rerelease that on a regular TAC card.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
I'll second the notion, though I can't say I don't like them.

I have the following:
Gentle Giant Bust
Gentle Giant Bustups (only 1)
Hasbro 3.75"
Medicom 100% Kubrick
Medicom 400% Kubrick

And that's all I need.  I love Kubricks, but only collect Star Wars.  I really like the GG stuff but even beyond this bust they're approaching saturation really quick between all the b/w stuff. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
I never bought into the "Shadow" Stormtrooper thing even with these expanded universe being the "in" thing in Star Wars collectibles. It's not that I'm close minded---I really don't mind them, it's just I'm not interested in collecting something outside of the realm of the films (in particular the original trilogy).

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
I think had they only done the SWS.com fig, the Galactic Hero, and the Unleashed fig it wouldve been JUST right, but at this point its just ******* excessive.  :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Damn, i forgot about the Kubrick. I have that one too, and the Galactic Hero.

And according to RS, they also hinted at the Black hole maquette.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
I've got the Hasbro and Unleashed versions.  And I don't like them.  The only other one I have any interest in is the Gentle Giant Bust - and at $350+ I won't be getting one for a very long time.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
I have one of the figures, the Unleashed and now the RAH. I could give or leave this one.

I got jerked on the GG Bust, so I don't care about it anymore.

Whatever happens, I'm done killing myself on this one.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
I'm a HUGE fan of the BHS but actually think the idea is being beaten to death. For years I have loved the idea of a Black Stormtrooper and even had a planned tattoo but honestly I didn't even know one ever existed in the comics til last year. Up til now i've only bought the Unleashed but i'm hoping to have the 400% Kub soon...

« Last Edit: May 9, 2007, 02:48 PM by Madcow »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
I had preordered the Hasbro figure back when it was first announced and ended up canceling the order.  I just realized that I had more important things to spend money on than an overpriced repaint of a character I didn't know from a story I didn't read and didn't really care about.  Not to mention the fact that it's from a non-Clone Wars EU source, which pretty much disqualifies it from my collecting habits period.

Of course, I made a total hypocrite of myself by paying full price for the Unleashed Shadow ST just because I wanted to have a "complete" (meaning "complete except for the goddamned RH Vader") Unleashed collection, so take my thoughts for what they are. :)