Author Topic: Celebration IV Admission Badges  (Read 29096 times)

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration IV Admission Badges
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 02:40 PM »
If I remember correctly, C3 had two lines - one for those that HAD their pass and could go in when the doors opened and another line for those that NEEDED their pass.  Once those individuals got their pass, they just wondered into the mass of people already past them.  I thought there was some complaining about the people that needed to pick up their pass,  (they got to go straight into the convention afterwards and a lot of people where still streamming in from being wrapped around the block for 1/2 mile) but I am not sure.   

So FalconClones, you might want to make sure you are in the right line....just in case they handle it the same way at C4.

Speaking of which.... anyone have any idea when we'll be mailed the passes?   Sure.. we have a month + to go but I want my badge secure in hand well before my flight leaves on the 23rd  ;D

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 02:50 PM »
From the Gen-Con site:

Q: When will I receive my badge in the mail?

Badges will begin shipping in mid April. If you do not receive your packet by May 4th, please contact registration@gencon.com. Include your full name and address with your correspondence.

Offline FalconClones

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 10:35 AM »
From the Gen-Con site:

Q: When will I receive my badge in the mail?

Badges will begin shipping in mid April. If you do not receive your packet by May 4th, please contact registration@gencon.com. Include your full name and address with your correspondence.

Was just on the CIV site last night and this has been changed. It now states that passes will be mailed starting April 23rd and if you don't receive your badge by May 14th then you should contact Gen Con. Also i was able to score a fast path ticket last night, they are now open to all badge memebers single and 4 day. I only have a Friday badge and I got a fast path reservation for 7pm-9pm on Friday. Since I ordered the Fasth Path later I will have to pick that up at Will Call it said. Anyone know where Will Call will be inside the Hall??
"Drug Dealers wouldn't be caught dead in those polyester rags"
Atlanta Falcons fan in CA!!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 2, 2007, 02:58 AM »
Anyone know where Will Call will be inside the Hall??

Gen Con has provided a map for the Exhibitor's Hall, but I don't think they've done a map of the rest of the events yet.  At C3 the Will Call area was immediately to the right once inside the main doors, so I imagine it should be pretty close to the front doors at CIV.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 2, 2007, 10:04 PM »
Just received an e-mail from Gen Con:

Star Wars Celebration IV Update Regarding “Ship to Me” Badges!

Badge Ship-Out

Due to an unfortunate delay in receiving packet materials, badge ship-out was delayed. Badges are currently in the process of being shipped and started to go out the week of April 23, 2007. If you selected to have your badges shipped to you and you do not receive your badge by May 14th please contact Aleta Mullen at customerservice@gencon.com and she will be happy to assist you.

Fan Club Membership Verification

If you do not receive your Fan Club lanyard and Friends & Family coupons with your badge in the mail out packet despite being a Fan Club member please see the Fan Club Information booth onsite at the Convention Center. Upon verifying your membership you will receive your lanyard and coupons. If you are interested in purchasing a Fan Club membership while at the show, please go to the Badge Registration booth to purchase your membership.

Also note:

Badges and tickets for Star Wars Celebration IV will be sold on-site at the show, starting Wednesday May 23 at 12 noon PDT.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 7, 2007, 06:19 PM »
Well, I got my pass and laynard today.  Also got the family passes so if anyone needs these, let me know...

I didn't realize the convention didn't open until 10:00 Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon.  I thought I read it was a 9:00am opening.  It doesn't state in the letter where the will-call booth will be, only what doors to use to enter for the convention center and the store.
Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 7, 2007, 08:11 PM »
According to the Gen Con site, the hours are 9am opening but that is tenative & I see no changes thus far.

Tentative Show Hours*:
Thursday, May 24**:   Noon-Midnight   
Friday, May 25:   9am-Midnight   
Saturday, May 26:   9am-Midnight   
Sunday, May 27:   9am-Midnight   
Monday, May 28:   9am-4pm

*Show hours might change. Check starwars.com for updates.
**Only Official Star Wars Fan Club Members who have purchased a 4-Day Badge will have access to the show this day.

Maybe the 10am is for regular door opening & 9am is for fan club members.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 7, 2007, 08:48 PM »
Well, the printout inside the envelope states:

Thursday 12pm-8pm for just about every event for the day
Friday 10am-7pm for same as above
Saturday 10am-7pm for same as above
Sunday 10am-7pm for same as above
Monday 10am-4pm for same as above

Some events (Vader helmet art exhibit, family room, Lucasfilm archieve) close at 6pm.

I know my volunteer schedule states I need to be to the autogrpah hall at 9:30 Friday, which makes sense because we have to be there 1/2 hour before the doors open and Thursday, my shift ends at 8:30 (1/2 hour after close).

I was really hoping that the con would last longer than 8pm....I guess I'll head over to the store then and stand in line :P

PS:  Nothing is open until midnight except the store, which runs 24 hours until 2pm Monday.
Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 7, 2007, 08:59 PM »
They could have changed the times & not even posted/mentioned a thing online. Heck, I'm reading at RS some people are getting badges in the mail & are not complete. Missing ethier Hyperspace lanyards, quick path store passes, movie marathon passes, F&F passes depending on what they wanted.

Good thing I pick mine up at will call & I can check it all out.

Thanks for the times Beth, really helps out.  :)

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 7, 2007, 09:16 PM »
Hmmmm, so there's not an early entrance for FC members each day?  Not that we really need it with a FC only day, but isn't that how it worked at C2 and C3?  Or was it just the first day we got in early?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 7, 2007, 09:33 PM »
IIRC, I had F&F passes for C3, I used 1 to get in the fan club line & another 1 for the dealers room on the 1st day . I did the same thing for the 2nd day.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 7, 2007, 10:08 PM »
Oh, the fan club allowed you in the first hour early at C2 & C3 but there was no way in hell they could control the crowd once those doors opened.  My husband had a laynard that was similiar to mine and when he tried to hand the lady the family pass, she just barked at him to keep moving.....

I think they learned their lesson because I honestly think it took some fan club members almost an hour to get INTO the place once the door opened!!!

This year, I assume the passes are for Thursday and the Fan Club lounge.
Beth

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 7, 2007, 11:24 PM »
A friend of mine got his badge but no lanyard. Does he pick one up at the information desk?
I remember my dream now.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #28 on: May 8, 2007, 08:37 AM »
Yeah, he has to verify fanclub membership at a special booth and pick up a lanyard.  >:(

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 8, 2007, 11:36 AM »
As of yesterday still nothing here.