Author Topic: Sideshow's "Extras and Ancillaries"  (Read 6570 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Sideshow's "Extras and Ancillaries"
« on: March 29, 2007, 10:17 PM »
Sideshow Collectibles is proud to announce the Extras and Ancillaries line of Star Wars 12-inch figure figures. Stay tuned to our weekly newsletter for the first glimpse of the premier character in this new category: Kal'Falnl C'ndros - coming soon!

Interesting, I think?

EDIT....

Ok so after looking up some of the characters they have listed, I am dissappointed. I think this category can have alot of potential, but i just can't see myself buying random human background characters. Kal'Falnl C'ndros is an interesting choice and probbaly one i will buy just becuase it is very different. I think this one is going to be a case by vase basis.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 10:26 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow's "Extras and Ancillaries"
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 10:28 PM »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 11:03 PM »
Kal'Falnl C'ndros is an interesting choice and probbaly one i will buy just becuase it is very different. I think this one is going to be a case by vase basis.

Um...

Kal'Falnl C'ndros

A giant chicken?  I'm leaning towards "early AFD joke"... I wonder how folks are going to take it?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 11:08 PM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 05:50 AM »
So far it looks like Jeff's the ONLY one leaning towards it being an AFD joke...   ;D

It looks to me like the other sites that reported this are believing it and either just didn't look up what the character was that SideShow listed a preview of, or they really REALLY think a giant chicken is a good character choice for a Star Wars figure...  I'm going to go with the previous guess on that though, and that nobody looked into what they were posting on their front page.

The irony of them doing a 12" chicken from some obscure EU before any Imperial Trooper, Vader, Lando, Yoda, Emperor, Chewie, or other "main" character though...  That's funny.  It's probably one of the better jokes anyone has ever pulled and it required work to figure it out too...  Smart.

That's great though that they really did get at least a few people with the joke...  It's a hell of a lot better than some of the lame stuff we've seen from years past.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 06:48 AM »
HAHAHA, I didn't even realize the date yesterday when i posted this. Yeah i can see it totally being an April fool's joke. A great one to be honest, it didnt even cross my mind thil this morning when i noticed the date. With that said, a background character line would work if they gave us characters we want like Amanaman, Hammerhead, etc...

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 07:14 AM »
I would say definately an April Fool's joke.  Everyone remember the dead Kenobi robe and half a Darth Maul offerings?   The catagory itself could be real, but I don't think the figure is.  I would expect to see a real figure up for preorder shortly after this though.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 07:31 AM »
 The catagory itself could be real, but I don't think the figure is.  I would expect to see a real figure up for preorder shortly after this though.

Agreed.  I think the line is real, but the figure is a joke.  Hell, they might surprise us and give us something great like a Hammerhead.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 08:44 AM »
Given the the chicken (literally) legs in this pic (right off the SS site) belong to Kal'Falnl C'ndros

I would say...

Happy April Fools Day
What do you say?

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 10:24 AM »
I'm not sure where the wookieepedia picture comes from.......
KFC was one of my favorite cards to use for the CCG and I've always been curious what she "actually" looks like beyond the legs in the movie.   Supposedly, she is the mother of Kitik Keed'kak (the mantis in the cantina).   Only a few more days and we'll find out for sure about the AFD issue.   I, for one, am a huge alien fan so I say "Go for it Sideshow!"

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: April 1, 2007, 09:03 AM »
Well i guess we will find out the truth tomorrow if it really is an April Fool's joke.