Author Topic: Triolgy  (Read 3363 times)

Offline Sith Bounty Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hunting new figures daily
    • View Profile
Triolgy
« on: June 16, 2003, 11:50 AM »
Anyone think Lucas Films will put out the origional triolgy on DVD? After this over 2 year wait I'm kinda beginning to loose hope. Anybody have a diffrent thought?
Dont under estimate the power of a sith lord

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Triolgy
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 02:09 PM »
I don't think we'll see it on an official DVD simply because Lucas is stuck on himself with his "definitive vision" mumo-jumbo he's always talking about (maybe not always, I don't know him).
I'm going to break down and buy the bootleg versions sooner or later, I just don't wanna send my credit card to these Maylasian people.  :-X

obi_robz

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 04:52 PM »
With Episode 3 in production soon, I don’t think George will be producing the OT DVDs until after 2005 at the earliest :(

Offline Batman

• Youngling
  • I'm Batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2003, 08:01 PM »
I agree.  Lucas will not put out the OT on DVD till well after Eps. 3, but another good question is will he release Special Edition only, both, or will he make the CGI look better or add things to make the prequels blend together with OT better.
Corey aka Batman

"Even the smallest people can change the course of the future."

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 11:02 PM »
I'd love 5 minutes alone with Lucas and a tube sock full of batteries. ;D ;D ;D
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2003, 02:07 PM »
My feeling is he'll put them out there in some way.  If there is anyway for him to make a buck him and Fox will make sure it happens someway, somehow.  I don't know if it will be an exclusive release but maybe along with the special editions.  Heck Spielberg did it with ET.  

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
    • View Profile
    • Son of Bob.homestead.com
« Reply #6 on: July 3, 2003, 05:28 PM »
My feeling is he'll put them out there in some way.  If there is anyway for him to make a buck

I must completely agree with you on this one.  I think Lucas knows where his money is and he wants all he can get.  With some of the crap that gets licensed by him and his company, I can't see it any other way.  He'll put out every rendition of the original series that he can, and alot of people will buy them.  I'm waiting for him to put out the Original untouched versions, and then release the Original untouched versions with cut scenes a year later.  CRAP, CRAP, CRAP!!!!! >:(
Stressed out?  Poop.  It'll make you feel better.