Author Topic: The Transformers Live Action Movies  (Read 142783 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Transformers Live Action Movies
« Reply #450 on: July 1, 2009, 12:06 PM »
Someone was curious then.  You just lined Bay's pockets with more cash for another sequel.  Good job!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 1, 2009, 01:28 PM »
Someone was curious then.  You just lined Bay's pockets with more cash for another sequel.  Good job!

Not so much.  My tickets came free.

But if you intend to play the part of Bay Apologist every time someone comes in here and calls the movie out for the garbage it was, then you're going to find yourself in another full time job.  8 out of 10 posts I see in all the forums are extremely negative.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 1, 2009, 01:54 PM »
Meh, I'm not being an apologist.

I just wanted three things out of the movie. Many Transformers, them kicking the sparkplugs out of each other and gratuitous Megan Fox. Check, check, and check.

Sure there were plot holes abounding, meh. Our own beloved SW has plot holes and problems. We complained but in the end, many of us still or came to enjoy the films.

I imagine this will happen with some people with Transformers: ROTF.

Now if the next movie is named "Transformers: Last Mission: Attack Omnicron" I'll be a little peeved. (think about it.....it will come to you why)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 1, 2009, 03:28 PM »
But if you intend to play the part of Bay Apologist every time someone comes in here and calls the movie out for the garbage it was, then you're going to find yourself in another full time job.  8 out of 10 posts I see in all the forums are extremely negative.

I concede.  Hate away...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 1, 2009, 05:25 PM »
Thought this was a funny take ... Six Transformers that could use an upgrade

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 1, 2009, 08:20 PM »
Thought this was a funny take ... Six Transformers that could use an upgrade

That was a fun article but the geek in me can't help but point out a couple things.  Not the least of which is the fact that a couple choices, like the iPod and MQ-9 Reaper, are too small to generate the robot the author wants them to be.

Also, while the MRAP idea might not be bad for Ratchet (and besides the fact that Bonecrusher was a bad guy MRAP in the first film), they're "robots in disguise."  An H2 rescue vehicle might only get a glance in public but an MRAP is going to stand out, especially if you aren't in Afghanistan or near an army base where they have them on station.

For Starscream I thought that it would have been cool to see him show up as a fighter from another country.  Like an F-35 Lightning  with UK or French markings.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 3, 2009, 08:16 PM »
Saw the flick again today.  Still not horrible, but hard to sit through until the end.  The movie could have been so much more, but it was what it was.  Still can't believe that Hasbro approved all of this nonsense - not even sure they have a word or not.

viva gordita!

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 3, 2009, 11:07 PM »
I saw it today, and thanks in large part to low expectations from following this thread, I didn't mind it too much.  Lots of unanswered questions, but also some cool robots fighting.  Way too long. 
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 6, 2009, 09:28 AM »
I got a chance to catch this yesterday afternoon, and I enjoyed it as well.  Much like the first one, I wanted to see robots pounding on each other, and it delivered.  I actually think the action was a little more watchable in this one (being able to tell who's fighting, etc.) - and for what it was (smash 'em up popcorn summer flick) I liked it just fine, and know I'll be grabbing the DVD.  I thought the whole "racist" aspect was a little overblown from the media side of things.  I don't know that I would have noticed if it hadn't been mentioned so much.  I would have thought the twins were more "idiots" than some sort of stereotype.  I will say though, they did get quite a few laughs in the theater I was in.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 8, 2009, 11:30 AM »
Optimus Prime Reads Letterman's Top Ten

Also, it sounds like Revenge of the Fallen passed $300 million domestically and $600 million worldwide yesterday.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 8, 2009, 02:36 PM »
Funny, thanks for posting that Brian.

Hmm, with the money the movie is raking in, it's the biggest money making  "flop" in history....stupid professional critics. LOL
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #461 on: July 8, 2009, 03:03 PM »
Nobody called it a flop.  They called it awful.  Big difference.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 30, 2009, 06:40 PM »