Author Topic: The Transformers Live Action Movies  (Read 142749 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: The Transformers Live Action Movies
« Reply #630 on: July 5, 2014, 12:01 AM »
Saw "Transformers" for the 4th time today.

Update-Just checked IMDB and apparently there are four different "Transformers" movies and I've seen them all once. Can anyone verify that?......

And if I find out Nicola Peltz left "Bates Motel" mid season last season to go shoot this I'm gonna have to introduce Michael Bay's crotch to my foot.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #631 on: July 5, 2014, 12:56 AM »
RedLetterMedia (the same guys behind those super-long, super-critical, super-funny reviews of the prequels) watched the first three Transmorphers all at the same time. Half in the Bag: The Transformers Series

In the nearly twelve-minute long video, the three hosts of Red Letter Media sit through the entireties of “Transformers,” “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” and “Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon” as they play across three screen and the results are pretty crazy. The main takeaway from the little experiment is how closely the structures of the film hew to each other. Story beats across the films — like when Shia LeBeouf’s character is first introduced — happen within seconds of each other onscreen as though the same script is used each time with only small details being altered, like the macguffin being sought.

I'm not a religious person, but if I was, I would thank Jebus every night that he didn't let me get sucked into the Transmorphers stupidity when I was a kid.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #632 on: July 5, 2014, 08:44 AM »
I loved Transformers as a child, which is exactly why I have no interest in watching the Bay films.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 5, 2014, 11:31 AM »
Agree with Bill, though I've seen the dreaded movies.

I loved Soundwave as a kid.  There's no way he could be translated properly into today's world... a boombox and cassette tapes turns into what?  But that's technology advancement, so I can't complain about what they try to do.  I just think the old school Soundwave is cooler.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #634 on: July 5, 2014, 10:08 PM »
I liked this one better than the last one. Could be perhaps that I am not a huge Transformers fan.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 7, 2014, 11:43 AM »
People bitch about George Lucas, but these films and the first GI Joe raped my childhood.  Bleech.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #636 on: February 12, 2016, 01:00 PM »
Not one, not two, but three more Transformers movies are being made.  Hasbro made the announcement during their investor presentation today.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 12, 2016, 03:38 PM »
Maybe they should do the TF and GI Joe crossover and see how that goes?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 12, 2016, 05:13 PM »
Well, make enough of them and eventually there's bound to be a good one.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 12, 2016, 06:32 PM »
Well, the next one should be good.  The odd number ones are good, the even...not so much. 
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 24, 2018, 07:44 PM »
Ok, so I was the new Bumblebee trailer today.....and I'm.....cautiously optimistic? I know the other movies have basically steadily gotten worse (I generally lost interest after the first, but eventually saw the others on tv - aside from the most recent), but the designs in this most recent Bumblebee trailer (Bee, Soundwave, Shockwave, Prime, etc. look really cool and G1, like I think most people wanted in the first place.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 24, 2018, 07:59 PM »
I agree.  The G1 designs were a delight to see.  It was hard for me to care about the others because there wasn’t much distinction between the Decepticon characters.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #642 on: September 25, 2018, 07:26 AM »
Bumblebee is directed by the guy who directed Kubo and the Two Strings.  I'm beyond optimistic.  This thing could well be a masterpiece.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #643 on: September 25, 2018, 11:00 AM »
Bumblebee is directed by the guy who directed Kubo and the Two Strings.  I'm beyond optimistic.  This thing could well be a masterpiece.

It's not Michael Bay?  I might be in!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 25, 2018, 02:51 PM »
I saw the trailer yesterday and I've gotta admit I'm pretty stoked.  I loved seeing the actual Transformers of my childhood...it was even better being able to actually recognize them!!  I've got high hopes for this.  I was not really a fan of the movies beyond the very first, and slightly for the third.  The rest of the series was terrible.

I can't wait to see this. 
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.