Author Topic: The Transformers Live Action Movies  (Read 143168 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Transformers Live Action Movies
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2007, 09:34 AM »
It sounds like Paramount has set a date for Transformers 2: June 26, 2009.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2007, 10:56 AM »
Has anyone gone to see this in IMAX?  It's playing here, but I have yet to go see it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2007, 04:40 PM »
Here's some of the exclusives available next Tuesday for the Transformers DVD release.  Target has a "transforming DVD case", Best Buy has some Robot Heroes, and Circuit City has a TF gift card.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2007, 01:40 AM »
This DVD is a must buy on the 16th.  That Target transforming case is kinda cheesy, I think I'd rather take the freebie toys.  ;)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2007, 11:27 AM »
Meh...I'm probably getting the BestBuy version with the exclusive Robot Heroes.....That Target transforming case is VERY cheesy

They forgot to mention the WM exclusive 2 disc set which will have an "animated" prequel that will be narrated by Cullen.

I also hear that each Blockbuster store will be receiving four 128meg MP3 players to give away or some Jazz like that.

I honestly can't remember a time that a DVD was released to so many stores with so many exclusives.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 15, 2007, 06:16 PM »
I borrowed this list, but just thought I'd post to see who's getting what.  Yes - I know that some of you guys are going to be picking this up tomorrow  ;)

Best Buy
+ Best Buy will be getting a DVD gift set which includes the two-disc Special Collectors' Edition DVD and Optimus Prime and Cliffjumper Robot Heroes figures.
+ A bonus lithograph will also be available (minimum 30 per store). The advertisement shows it being of Megatron.
+ Buying the "Transformers" on DVD and "Transformers: The Game" will net a free $10 gift card instantly.
+ Save $5 instantly when buying "Transformers" on DVD and a "Transformers" action figure.

Blockbuster
+ The video rental store will be giving out free MP3 players to a customer that buys the DVD (it is unknown which version qualifies or if all do). According to "Aahhz," each store will get at least four of the 128 MB players.

Borders

+ The chain bookstore will be giving out a complimentary "making-of" booklet with the purchase of the two-disc Special Collectors' Edition version of the DVD.

Circuit City
+ First 20 customers who purchase the "Transformers" on DVD will receive a cap (an Autobot logo is featured in the ad) and a free "Transformers" digital download card, which will allow for access to exclusive digital and mobile content for free.

K-Mart
+ Buy the "Transformers" DVD and movie action figure priced at $19.99 or more and get $10 off instantly.
+ Buy the DVD and get a free key chain light for free.

Sears
+ Buy the DVD and get a free key chain light for free. (Same as K-Mart)

Suncoast
+ The movie store chain will be getting the Autobot (Protect) and Decepticon (Destroy)-themed steel cases. (TFW2005)

Target
+ Target will be the U.S. retailer that is carrying the transforming Optimus Prime DVD case for the two-disc version of the DVD.
+ The store will also be receiving an exclusive cover to the "Transformers: The Movie Prequel" series from IDW Publishing.
+ Get a $5 transforming gift card with the purchase of a single-disc "Transformers" DVD and exclusive Bumblebee "Evolution of A Hero" toy.

Wal-Mart
+ The biggest store in the world will be receiving a two-disc gift set that includes the single-disc version of "Transformers" and "Transformers: The Beginnings," which is the Peter Cullen-narrated animated version of "Transformers: The Movie Prequel" by IDW Publishing.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2007, 07:29 PM »
So, which are you buying, Mike?  ;)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2007, 08:30 PM »
BB...Bumblebee?  I'm sticking with that version so I can snag the RH repaints.  Target was a close second with the Transforming DVD case, but I'd be dorking out all night with that cheesy thing.  Kind of a neat idea though..  The WM version was third as it would be interesting to see the "prequel" but I hear it's just a bunch of storyboards and not really a full animated/live action feature that I would have liked.  Not really sure what other extras it has, but I'll be damned if I'm going to by 4 freakin DVD's of one movie.

I'll requote myself here as I'll probably be the last to post in this thread..

I honestly can't remember a time that a DVD was released to so many stores with so many exclusives.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 16, 2007, 02:01 AM »
That's just amazing the number of retailers having exclusives with the DVD release!  I'm going to get the DVD, but I guess I should figure out which exclusive I want?  Crazy...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 16, 2007, 09:41 AM »
Maybe a stupid question, but does anyone know if Target's version has the "normal" 2 disc set, with the "transforming" case just packed in extra?  We usually do the majority of our shopping at Target, and I'd like to get the 2-disc set, but I'd want a normal case if possible.  The transforming case thing sounds kind of neat in a way, but I wouldn't want it to be the primary disc holder.  Just curious.  Yeah, the amount of exclusives with this release is unbelievable.  Its interesting how the store exclusive stuff has really taken off with DVD releases.  Something else that Star Wars probably helped to usher in.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 16, 2007, 11:34 AM »
I bought the Circuit City package for the free hat.  They seriously need to work on their advertising, though.

The circular ad said that they'd have the free hat, but that the DVD price was $22ish. Target had the DVD listed at $15.99 I went by CC just to see if the hat was worth the extra cost...all their DVD's were tagged at $19.99, but I decided the hat was worth the extra $4. 

At the register, the DVD rang up at $13.99.  So I got the free hat, plus saved $2 over Target.

Glad I checked in at CC.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2007, 12:04 PM »
I stuck with my guns and got the BB version with the "free" Robot Heroes.  Kinda pissed that the 2 disc version has a clearish/white dull slipcase compared to the single disc version that had some pretty killer artwork.  Oh well - The lithograph is pretty awesome.  Can't wait to check out all the bonus features tonight!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2007, 01:35 PM »
We don't have a Best Buy locallly, which would have been my first choice for the free Robot Heroes, so I think I'll be hitting Wal-Mart later today.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2007, 01:54 PM »
Picked up my 2-pack from Wal-Mart this afternoon and registered to win the Bumblebee Camaro when I got back to work!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2007, 01:58 PM »
registered to win the Bumblebee Camaro when I got back to work!

:o  Are they giving away the real car when it's released in '09?  Or am I getting way too excited?