Author Topic: The Transformers Live Action Movies  (Read 142779 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Transformers Live Action Movies
« Reply #495 on: January 14, 2010, 02:03 PM »
Not really a movie, but I just saw the trailer for the upcoming video game, Transformers: War for Cybertron.  Looks kind of cool.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 15, 2010, 01:22 PM »
Fewer robots and not as many exlposions in TF3

“There will be a nice crescendo ending,” Bay said. “It gets much more into the robot character. The last time you kind of met a few of the robots; this time you’re gonna get a much cooler landscape.”
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 1, 2010, 05:23 PM »
Some new rumors and stuff...

What we’re really doing is getting back to some of the core character development and storytelling. And I think there’s some elements of the core story that the filmmakers, Michael in particular wanted to tell. He’s really well-versed in the Transformers lore. So I think you’ll see, you know, less bedlam, more characters. - Hasbro CEO and TF3 Producer Brian Goldner

We're adding a lot of new elements. We're adding new characters. We're adding a lot of twists. - Bay

Oh and this one about Ray Park  He never spoke in EP1, X-Men, or GI Joe so I can't see him voicing a character...but who knows?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 2, 2010, 02:31 PM »

What we’re really doing is getting back to some of the core character development and storytelling. And I think there’s some elements of the core story that the filmmakers, Michael in particular wanted to tell. He’s really well-versed in the Transformers lore. So I think you’ll see, you know, less bedlam, more characters. - Hasbro CEO and TF3 Producer Brian Goldner

We're adding a lot of new elements. We're adding new characters. We're adding a lot of twists. - Bay

Oh and this one about Ray Park  He never spoke in EP1, X-Men, or GI Joe so I can't see him voicing a character...but who knows?

He DID speak in X-Men. Go watch it again.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 2, 2010, 04:26 PM »

Oh and this one about Ray Park  He never spoke in EP1, X-Men, or GI Joe so I can't see him voicing a character...but who knows?

Ha!  I think Phantom Menace may need to be viewed by both of you as well.

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi!  At last we will have our revenge!!!

0:18
« Last Edit: March 2, 2010, 04:28 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 2, 2010, 04:46 PM »

I'd rather not waste my time, but I'll take your word for it Sal.   ;) 

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi!  At last we will have our revenge!!!

That was a voice over - was it not?

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #501 on: March 2, 2010, 05:45 PM »
I am guessing his speaking in PM was dubbed over, though he did speak at least three times in X-Men. He didn't say much any of those times though.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 2, 2010, 08:18 PM »

I'd rather not waste my time, but I'll take your word for it Sal.   ;) 

That was a voice over - was it not?

Correct.  Darth Maul was voiced by Peter Serafinowicz (Sctanley with a "C" from Couples Retreat).

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 3, 2010, 02:51 AM »
Crap.

For 11 years I thought that was Ray Park.  The fact that I didn't know this indicates a total failure of you, my fellow collector, for not informing me.

Apparently he only spoke in X-Men then.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 3, 2010, 07:50 AM »
Crap.

For 11 years I thought that was Ray Park.  The fact that I didn't know this indicates a total failure of you, my fellow collector, for not informing me.

Apparently he only spoke in X-Men then.

And in the TV show Heroes Season 4.  You're welcome.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 3, 2010, 09:42 AM »
Park had lines in "Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever."  But if you ask me in person, I'll deny ever having seen that film.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 8, 2010, 05:36 PM »
Worst Picture of 2009:
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

Worst Director:
Michael Bay
TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN

Worst Screenplay:
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen
Written by Ehren Kruger & Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman,
Based on Hasbro’s Transformers Action Figures

..At least the movie won a few "awards"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 24, 2010, 04:09 PM »
Looks like John Malkovich, Frances McDormand, and the little Asian dude that was in the trunk from the Hangover have been cast for TF3.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 24, 2010, 06:59 PM »
Looks like John Malkovich, Frances McDormand, and the little Asian dude that was in the trunk from the Hangover have been cast for TF3.

Great. I can't stand John Malkovich.

Frances McDormand is a washed up actress.

And that Asian guy was plain annoying to me. Maybe that was the point, but he's not an actor I want to see in a Transformers movie.

So I guess I'll be going to see this movie as I practically did for the last one, the robots kicking each others arses and the two hour toy commercial (oh and of course the obligatory Megan Fox hot shot...).
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 12, 2010, 07:01 PM »
Looks like very little time for principal photography so TF3 might be CG heavy...