Author Topic: The Transformers Live Action Movies  (Read 142769 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: The Transformers Live Action Movies
« Reply #600 on: October 19, 2011, 01:42 PM »
Finally got around to renting dark side of the moon this past weekend. It was playing but I can't really say I watched it.  What an unwatchable mess.  Just scene after scene of indiscernable chaos.  I honestly don't think I could tell you what it was about.
I totally agree.  They could have easily snipped a half hour from the film and hurt nothing.

I also hate the swearing and gratuitous violence in this as it is marketed to children, and it is sort of needless.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 19, 2011, 03:03 PM »
Did I ever post this?  Took it from the 20th story of my friend's office while they were filming...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 19, 2011, 03:24 PM »
I hope they cleaned that up after.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 19, 2011, 03:30 PM »
That looks like some team won a championship and that's how the fans celebrated!

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 14, 2012, 12:01 PM »
TF4 a go...  whip that cash cow Mr. Bay...whip it good

http://www.michaelbay.com/blog/files/1151a5b01c72685dd3aec0809b964f31-749.php

"There has been a lot of speculation about what I'm going to do next and when or if I will do another Transformers. So let me set the record straight.

I have just concluded a deal with Paramount to do two movies, but it won't be two Transformers.

I will first do 'Pain & Gain' with Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.

Then I will do the next Transformers for release on June 29, 2014.

-Michael Bay"

Following “Pain and Gain,” Bay will bring audiences a new take on the “Transformers” franchise as he begins production on the fourth installment in the hit series of movies based on the best-selling Hasbro toyline. The third, and most recent installment of the franchise, “Transformers: Dark of the Moon,” is the fourth highest global grossing film of all time with 1.124 billion dollars of worldwide box office success. Directed by Bay, the movie will re-unite the filmmaking team from the hit franchise, including producers Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Don Murphy, Tom DeSanto and Ian Bryce; and executive producers Steven Spielberg, Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian. Paramount Pictures will release the film on June 29th, 2014.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 14, 2012, 12:33 PM »
I can get on board with that.  Robots kicking robot ass...what can be wrong with that?

I know a lot of people don't care too much for Bay.  I love explosions and action, so bring it on.  He makes great Saturday afternoon action flicks.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #607 on: February 14, 2012, 02:41 PM »
I heard the word reboot somewhere...that can't be true...can it?

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #608 on: February 14, 2012, 03:08 PM »
I read it's a reboot in the sense of "new characters, new actors."

Maybe we'll see Rodimus Prime, Galvatron, etc.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 14, 2012, 08:11 PM »
As long as Weird Al does the soundtrack, I'm all in!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 14, 2012, 08:58 PM »
I had heard reboot as well, but it would really seem dumb to do it so quickly - I could see further down the road maybe, but right now - poor reviews or not - the current set up for these movies brings in a ton of money so I'd be surprised if they changed things up too much.  I could see maybe a change up of characters (both bots and actors), so we'll see.  I just think they might lose some interest if Optimus and/or Bumblebee aren't included, those seem to really be the hits with kids young and old.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 15, 2012, 12:12 AM »
Interview I read mentioned reboot also, but said that they'd bring Optimus and Bumblebee along.  But they've introduced new bots and killed off some (Iron Hide, NOOOOOOO!) so there's always the opportunity to bring in new ones.

I've mostly been okay with the films, robot on robot violence and all that, but man, they do not hold up on a second viewing.  I really kind of enjoyed DotM when I saw it in the theater but when I saw it again on DVD I couldn't remember why I'd liked it so much.  There's just too much to pick apart on those films and it all seems to really stick out to me on replay.

GI Joe was the same way.  I mostly liked it the first time but the second and third times I saw it all I could do is look at all the terrible CGI.  And I still can't get past the sinking ice.  There's only so much suspension of disbelief I can apply to a film like that, and the total suspension of the laws of physics was not something I could do.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 22, 2012, 10:56 AM »
TF4

“It’s not a reboot, that’s maybe the wrong word,” Bay said. “I don’t want to say reboot because then people will think we’re doing a Spider-Man and starting from the beginning. We’re not. We’re taking the story that you’ve seen — the story we’ve told in three movies already — and we’re taking it in a new direction.

Guess he wants to go into space this time too - with a lower budget.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/06/21/transformers-4-michael-bay-purges-stars-may-go-into-space/
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 22, 2012, 03:04 PM »
Well considering most of the gen1 decepticons are dead, we need a new bad guy. Bring on Unicron!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 22, 2012, 03:22 PM »
I was thinking the EXACT same thing Paul - and since Megatron was killed at the end of the last one, Unicron could totally bring him back as Galvatron - just like in the Cartoon Movie.

Could be cool...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!