Author Topic: Web Site FAQs:  (Read 2308 times)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
Web Site FAQs:
« on: April 1, 2007, 09:28 AM »
We are ready to launch the web site on Monday.

But there are two things that will need to be added soon after the launch. More Pictures, and all of the FAQs.

This thread will be dedicated to coming up with Questions to populate the FAQ section.

Feel free to post any questions you can think of. And an answer if you have one. The format should be as follows to avoid any confusion:
Q: How do I start participating in the UGP? The forums seem like a haphazard way to start involvement. Plus, there's 2 of them.
A: Go to the Jedi Defender Forums, and check out the "what we still need thread".

[This is an actual question we've already received, btw. The answer presented here is just fluff & was not given]

Project Leads: If you have an answer to a previously asked question that was posted w/out an answer, please Quote the Q, and give the A  8)

Please keep chatter & discussion of the validity of given answers to PM's until a concensus is reached.

On behalf of the web team, this will be a great help! Thanks muchly,
Tom
« Last Edit: April 1, 2007, 09:29 AM by PenDragon »

Offline elmeaux

• Youngling
  • The Dancing Robot!
    • View Profile
Re: Web Site FAQs:
« Reply #1 on: April 2, 2007, 10:09 AM »
Here's a few Q's Pen:
--------------------

Q. An Ultimate Group Project? What does that mean?

Q. Who's idea was this anyway? Are they crazy?

Q. Who's in charge of this thing?
A. A list of Project Leaders can be found on this site under Community>Project Leaders.

Q. I read about the UGP on a Star Wars fan site but don't have time to sift through the forums. What can I do to help?

Q. What kind of customs can I contribute?

Q. How many customs is the UGP looking for?

Q. Are there any styles of figures you specifically want?

Q. Are there any styles of figures you specifically do NOT want?

Q. Can I contribute a vehicle? Are there any specifics I need to keep in mind?

Q. Can I contribute a diorama? Are there any specifics I need to keep in mind?

Q. Are there any deadlines I need to keep in mind?

Q. I'm not attending C4. How can I contribute?

Q. I'm attending C4. What can I do to help?

Q. What happens to my customs after C4?
« Last Edit: April 2, 2007, 10:12 AM by elmeaux »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 2, 2007, 04:05 PM »
These are all great questions. I'll post an answer to each of these a little later today.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline elmeaux

• Youngling
  • The Dancing Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 5, 2007, 01:40 PM »
Guys, we really need this thread addressed asap. I know everyone is super busy, but I see various folks are soliciting people on other forums to get involved. I know just personally I'm hesitant to do as much as I'd like because I don't know the answers to these and other questions. And searching 22 page threads is not going to cut it for new folks.

Surely all the project leaders could commit a few minutes to doing 5-10 Q&As for noobs for their sections? Please?  ???
I also think this thread should be stickied once we get some Q&A here.

Thanks!

E>

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: April 5, 2007, 09:26 PM »
I'll get to some more later, but I have a football game now so I've got to get going.

Q.  I read about the UGP on a Star Wars fan site but don't have time to sift through the forums. What can I do to help?
A.  Depending on your area of interest there are a lot of different things you can do to help. If you are into figure customizing we need a bunch of regular old, everyday citizens to populate the diorama. Feel free to contact the figure leader, Glassman6, for more specifics or read on here to find some answers. If diorama building is more your flavor, we will be needing buildings as well. Get in contact with the diorama team leader, Ryan, to see what is still needed. And read on here for a better idea of what is needed. If you feel neither of these are feasible options for you but you still want to contribute something there are still more options. We are looking to have giveaways at the booth during the convention, so we could either use items for the giveaways or a small cash donation, get in touch with Master Phruby to let him know what you are willing to contribute.

Q. What kind of customs can I contribute?
A.  We are looking for citizens and droids. These are just your everyday average people that you would see wandering the streets in any Star Wars city. We need spacers, farmers, pilots, smugglers, businessmen, diplomats, bureaucrats, homeless folk, street vendors, protocol droids, astromech droids, loader droids, and any other non-military figures.  Either humans or aliens will work.

Q.  How many customs is the UGP looking for?
A.  We are looking for as many civilians as we can get our hands on. So if you want to make a couple customs go for it.

Q. Are there any styles of figures you specifically want?
A.  We are looking for a mix of both human and alien civilians, as well as droids. These should all be in 1:18 scale (the same as a regular 3 ¾” star Wars figure.) The fodder should preferably utilize newer fodder.

Q.  Are there any styles of figures you specifically do NOT want?
A.  Ideally we aren’t looking for a bunch of military type figures. Also we aren’t really looking for buff POTF2 styled figures. And these figures need to be able to fit in with Star Wars figures, so we don’t want figures that look like GiJoes.

"This is the way."

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 07:17 PM »
These are all great questions. I'll post an answer to each of these a little later today.

I'll get to some more later, but I have a football game now so I've got to get going.

<insert gentle reminder here  ;)>

(Totally off the subject: so say we all.)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 07:19 PM by PenDragon »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 09:58 AM »
I'm such a bum. :P
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 12:55 PM »
 :) Yes, yes you are  ;)

Alright guys we need these PRONTO! We're going to do a massive update soon. So please get these Q's A'ed!

I know we're all quite busy, but it really shouldn't take too long to jot down a couple answers.

Thanks guys! Ya'll are doing a freakin' sweet job  8)