Author Topic: 2008 Rumors and Speculation  (Read 58326 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
2008 Rumors and Speculation
« on: April 6, 2007, 07:44 PM »
Here's where the fun begins...

There's more over at GH...

Jawa with WED 15 Droid
Tusken Raider (Jundland Wastes)
Tatooine Creature Pack (Jabba’s Palace)
Oola
Yarna d’al’ Gargan
Wioslea
Tiree (Rebel Y-Wing Pilot)
Hobbie (Rebel Pilot)
Arvel Crynyd (Rebel A-Wing Pilot)
Ak-Rev Weequay Drummer
Sgt. Doallyn
Yoxgit
BG-J38 (see our cool pimp of this figure right here!)
Brainiac
Danz Borin
Kal Fas (Saurin)
Ewok w/ Woklings
Ewok (2 Pack)
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 2008 rumors...
« Reply #1 on: April 6, 2007, 08:55 PM »
SO happy to see new rumor lists, but some of that is too good and too similar (tons of Jabba's Palace, tons of pilots - and aren't we getting an A-Wing Pilot this year?) to not raise alarms.  Would be awesome, though.  All those Ewoks would be fantastic.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 6, 2007, 09:07 PM »
No Willrow as of yet. Tsk, tsk,tsk....
Atleast there'll be a new Padme.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: April 6, 2007, 09:33 PM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: April 6, 2007, 10:04 PM »
Ouch...  Well I don't keep up with that stuff so I forgot that, but wow that was either REALLY off the mark (Like the only thing I noticed that has come about was the non-animated Clone Wars stuff actually, and sparingly at that), or Hasbro nixed everything "rumored". 

I will say that Speederbike idea's a good one...  wouldn't anyone else agree?  *ahem*  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 6, 2007, 10:20 PM »
Nice list.  They've been wrong in the past, but there have been some instances where they've been right, too.  What's interesting to me in this case is that the list can be split into waves pretty easily.

TATOOINE - ANH
Jawa with WED 15 Droid
Tusken Raider (Jundland Wastes)
Wioslea
Brainiac
Danz Borin
Kal Fas (Saurin)

DEATH STAR - ANH
Tiree (Rebel Y-Wing Pilot)
Princess Leia (Imperial Captive)
Luke Skywalker (Detention Block Rescue)
Han Solo (Detention Block Rescue)
Chewbacca (Imperial Captive)

JABBA'S PALACE - ROTJ
Tatooine Creature Pack (Jabba’s Palace)
Oola
Yarna d’al’ Gargan
Ak-Rev Weequay Drummer
Sgt. Doallyn
Yoxgit
BG-J38

BATTLE OF ENDOR - ROTJ
Arvel Crynyd (Rebel A-Wing Pilot)
Ewok w/ Woklings
Ewok (2 Pack)
Darth Vader - Funeral Pyre
Rebels - Ewok BBQ

I'm not sure where Hobbie or Padme would fit in, but the others seem to line up pretty well.  But there are definitely some question marks.  There should be at least 1 core character in each of those waves, and there are none in the Tatooine - ANH set or the Jabba's Palace lineup.  That makes me scratch my head about those.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2007, 11:00 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 7, 2007, 01:33 AM »
If the DS wave is true, we can finally stop whining about Stormie Han & Luke. Though, there should be a VOTC Stormie in that assortment.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 7, 2007, 02:35 AM »
There are some great figures on that list!  But Scott makes a good point.  :-\

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 7, 2007, 12:08 PM »
Not to burst any bubbles...but

How much of this stuff came true?

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4381&zoneid=7

Thanks. I've been wondering how reliable those predictions were.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: April 7, 2007, 12:48 PM »
Here was the other one (thanks to whoever at Scum saved this)

42N-TLR Predicts Big Things
10/27/2005 2:34:01 PM | Reported by 42N-TLR

Greetings! I am 42N-TLR, Precognition Droid, and I am skilled in over six million methods of soothsaying. The management at GalacticHunter realizes that the Swami has been in rehab on sabbatical for quite some time, and they have asked me to use my precognitive abilities to help you, dear readers, see what is coming in the future to a galaxy near you. (Please note that 42N-TLR's predictions are usually for 8-12 months in the future, not simply the next quarter or so.)
Cinema Scene, Screen Scene, Seen Again?
My first vision seems like a repeat, and it may be - from a certain point of view. Hasbro had tremendous luck with the old Cinema Scene Assortment, and its successor, the Screen Scene, wasn't so successful. The next attempt may work better. A new twist is being added to the $9.99 pricepoint group, currently the Deluxe Assortment, previously the Ultra Assortment. A series of two-packs is being developed featuring two figures, a base, and a cut-out backdrop for the $9.99 price range. First up is Hermi Odle (right) and a friend to be determined, although it's safe to guess that it will be a previously released figure.
Speaking of re-releases, the crystal ball forseeth the re-release of the Max Rebo Band - with a twist, naturally. At least one new member of the band, Ak-Rev and his drum, is being developed to complement this assortment. The Max Rebo Band two packs were originally Wal*Mart exclusives, but where these new sets will wind up is anydroid's guess.
Can You Ask For More? YES!
Someone at Hasbro paid attention to GalacticHunter's 2005 Wishlist <http://www.galactichunter.com/features/wishlist2005/index.asp>, as we've all heard that a new Leia Boushh, 'God' C-3PO, Chief Chirpa, and Hem Dazon are on the way. Now I prophesize a few more goodies from that list will be out in late (LATE) 2006: CZ-3 (left), Bom Vindim, BG-J38 (right), and an Ewok With Woklings are coming down the mountain from the mighty makers at Hasbro.
The future of the U-Shaped Cantina Bar Piece is still a little murky, as is the Bespin Cloud Car, but the crystal ball still has them playing a part in our collecting future. The AT-AT will also see a very exclusive re-release, so save your credits.
Speaking of EXCLUSIVE, my big, shiny orb tells me that a certain online e-tailer (or is that ee-tailer?) is working overtime to secure a very sweet EU action figure exclusive.
More Cloning Around
If you thought that the current parade of Clones would end with the impending release of Commander Cody, you would be wrong. Our trusty Tarot tells us that Commander Faie (above, left), Commander Neyo (above, right) and the Snowtrooper-esque Galactic Marine are on the way, too. Army builders rejoice! (Commander Faie, while not seen in Revenge of the Sith, bridges the gap between the Clone Trooper and the Stormtrooper nicely, and, yes, he will come with his sassy poncho.)
As always, the future is always in motion, and everything is subject to change at the whim of beancounters, designers, or even the price of oil.
Please deposit 50 Republic Credits for the next reading.
The Galactic Swami will return as soon as he dries out. Unless he has a fatal binge, in which case, I'll have a permanent gig.
Thanks to Jimmy for helping 42N-TLR polish his crystal [censored].

I believed whatever the Swami had to say because the Swami nailed almost every single thing the Swami predicted (over 75%)...

I don't believe ADAM, the record shows a not so good record and as I've said many times when these rumor lists pop up that ANYONE could put a list together of 60 figures for next year and get about 50% right based on what people have asked for continually over the last 3-4 years

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: April 7, 2007, 09:54 PM »
Well i hope this years rumors tend to be more than false. Yarna being on there is always nice as are the ewok with wokkling.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 8, 2007, 12:34 AM »
I agree with evenflow... I hope these do turn out to be true.  With as many ewoks there are that need to be remade, I would be surprised to see a mother and woklings before so many more that should be remade, especially now that Hasbro has started a new height/size for ewoks.  It would be a nice set, though.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 8, 2007, 10:33 AM »
Well i hope this years rumors tend to be more than false. Yarna being on there is always nice as are the ewok with wokkling.

But don't forget that Yarna was part of the Comic-con gag where it was stated that she is far from any short list.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 8, 2007, 11:10 AM »
Even though he's a space-suited human, Danz Borin is probably the one I'm most excited about for that wave.  Yoxgit is pretty obscure; it seems like there are much more prominent Jabba's throne characters to make first... then I remember that Hasbro has to spread these out over the next 10 years, so maybe it's smart to put him out now rather than after all the main characters are done.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 8, 2007, 02:03 PM »
Some of those are very obscure (which is great) but I am with some others.  I don't really believe it yet.  It's too far off anyway...2008.  I hope it's true of course.  I am kind of surprised Bom Vimdin is not on the radar yet.  It just seems like he's a pretty interesting Cantina creature that they could whip up in no time.