Author Topic: 2008 Rumors and Speculation  (Read 58479 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 rumors...
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2007, 08:15 PM »
Well I am not going to spaz if they never make Yarna.  However, she is quite noticeable in ROTJ and would like to have her in my little Jabba's Palace theme shelf.  For now I can just pretend the Rancor Keeper is Yarna  :P

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2007, 08:33 PM »
  For now I can just pretend the Rancor Keeper is Yarna  :P

Too skinny.  ;)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2007, 09:11 PM »
Not ugly enough either. But he does have the man regular boobs. :P
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
2008 Rumors and Speculation
« Reply #33 on: June 3, 2007, 10:30 PM »
I know it's really early to think about 2008, but...I've been thinkng about 2008.  With Force Unleashed coming out and the CW TV series, I wonder how much movie product we'll actually get. 

And, I'm curious if it will all be under one SW banner, with subtitles on the cards.  It could be a very cool year, as the designs for FU and CW look good.

Any thoughts or predictions?  I know that Hasbro has hinted at some 2008 stuff (SA Qui-Gon and others...) but we won't know for a while.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2008?
« Reply #34 on: June 6, 2007, 10:44 AM »
I'm kind of curious what 2008 is going to look like as well.  You would think that the Clone Wars stuff would get a pretty big push.  It got its own line when we only had the "micro" series of 2-3 minute episodes, so you would think a regular, half-hour show would be an even bigger event.  Then, like you mentioned, we still have the Force Unleashed stuff that is pushed until next year.  What does that leave for the rest of the line?

There have been some figures rumored/mentioned already (Qui-Gon, Bothan, etc.), so I would think we're seeing some sort of "regular" movie line as well.  There's been polling on the future of the "vintage" line, so we'll likely see another wave of those in some sort of way - whether its continuing on how they have been, or incorporating the prequels.  Its tough to say how things are going to look for the lineup next year.  I can say, I never anticipated the amount of product we've gotten (or will be) in the 2007 line.  I think I'm on pace to spend as much as a movie year, or I easily could if I wanted to.  The amount of product is almost to the point of being overwhelming at times, at least for me.  Lots of great product though, so I'm not complaining.

It sounds like Clone Wars isn't scheduled to debut until the Fall, so maybe we'll see a more "normal" line of figures the first part of the year (with the one wave dedicated to the Force Unleashed), with a shift towards Clone Wars stuff in summer/fall.  We've already heard of more comic packs (it sounds like Legacy packs are rumored), and that line is apparently doing well.  It could be shaping up for another big year - eek.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 6, 2007, 10:49 AM »
I think FU Wave, Qui-Gon, Bothan, and Thrawn are all thats really been confirmed yet. FU Wave looks awesome, some figures more than others. And the thing about the CW series that makes me so excited is that it presents a bigger chance for the AT-TE, and maybe just maybe a homing spider droid!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 6, 2007, 01:38 PM »
I think FU Wave, Qui-Gon, Bothan, and Thrawn are all thats really been confirmed yet. FU Wave looks awesome, some figures more than others. And the thing about the CW series that makes me so excited is that it presents a bigger chance for the AT-TE, and maybe just maybe a homing spider droid!

You hit the nail on the head there. If there's one last chance to get those two, then is the time. No excuses from Hasbro this time. Certainly not for the AT-TE. Even then, the Homing Spider droid is even easier to produce than the AT-TE. With all four legs the same , that's the same tool and die (mold) for it. That just leaves the body which is little more than a sphere with a few radar dishes on them. This one should have been a no brainer years ago. Plus since it could be easily assembled, it could come in a small box (long yes, but not wide) so it could be done at the right scale AND be kept at the $20 pricepoint. Okay maybe $30 if they make it so the Ball body can open up to hold a Battle Droid. No not canon, but makes for a good toy then and gives Hasbro a chance to sell more Battle Droids.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
2008 Rumors!
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2007, 04:15 PM »
This is technically 2008 rumors, but I didn't know if it was too soon to start a new thread.  For those of you who listen to TheForce.net's "Forcecast", they have a big segment with Dan from RS, and a lot of rumors are brought up.  Some were covered in the printed report from earlier this week, but there is more mentioned as well.  It sounds like ICMG is on the way, likely in 2009.  Also mentioned was a "Marvel comics" version of Jabba, an all-new super articulated Fleet Trooper (yay for Jesse), an AT-ST with expanded "cockpit" to hold two drivers, Toonbuck Toora, new Speederbike set similar to the WM exclusive (possibly with stands), a Rancor repack, a possible (2009) cinema scene/playset type of release (Death Star and Cantina are mentioned as possibilities) and more EU stuff.  I can't remember everything mentioned, but if you are interested, the segment starts around the 43 minute mark in the podcast, and lasts for 10 minutes+.  Grain of salt for everything, but interesting to hear/discuss either way.

Also of note, it is mentioned again that the TAC line will last into 2008, before transitioning into Clone Wars (likely in summer/fall).  It does sound like Clone Wars will be "the" line, and not a seperate one, and might be the main focus for the basic figure collection from that point on in 2008.  Its still a long ways off, so who knows what else we might see, but maybe that's why we're getting such a wealth of OT stuff this year.  We'll see.  Just wanted to pass this along to anyone who is interested.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 04:18 PM by Brian »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
2008 Rumors!
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2007, 04:24 PM »
Sounds interesting enough. I dont even knwo why i bother to ask but any mention of ROTJ figures? (me still hoping for Yarna) The marvel comics version of Jabba sounds interesting. Anyone know what makes it different?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
2008 Rumors!
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2007, 04:29 PM »

Marvel used a redecoed Mosep for a Jabba stand in

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
2008 Rumors!
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2007, 04:33 PM »
Not sure about ROTJ figures, I'd have to listen again.  I know that in one of the Q and A's Hasbro mentioned there being a "Jedi wave" next year for the 25th Anniversary of Jedi.  I think the difference with the comics Jabba is that it was based on the "guy" as opposed to the slug we know so well.  Apparently it was in early Marvel versions (you can see it in the reprint - #2 - that came with the comic packs this year).

Edit: What Scott said ;)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
2008 Rumors!
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2007, 04:34 PM »
Thanks for the info, not too impressive of a character though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
2008 Rumors!
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2007, 06:51 PM »
If that Mosep/Jabba is correct, then that means we'll be getting Mosep soon. Wasn't there talk of a figure being release in different colors than the regular movie version... ala Airborne Trooper? This might be what they're talking about.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Toonbuck Toora next year?
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2007, 08:10 PM »
That would be nice.