Author Topic: 2008 Rumors and Speculation  (Read 58470 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Rumors and Speculation
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2007, 09:53 PM »
I'm up for a new version of her.  Super articulation would be outstanding... I wonder if somehow they'll use the sculpt of the Evolutions Bultar Swan as some sort of kit bash.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2007, 03:16 PM »
I prefer the Lava Droid since we're getting both Mustafar Anakin & Obi-Wan. It looks pretty neat.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2007, 12:36 PM »

Stass Allie is being listed here, no pic.

http://www.blister.jp/item7877.html

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2007, 02:46 PM »
That says 12" halfway down the page...doesn't it?

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2007, 03:34 PM »
All their basic figure listings say that.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #155 on: October 16, 2007, 04:36 PM »
I am actually content with the ROTS Stass for now. I would much rather see Barris updated instead of Stass. Barris is overdue and would complement the very cool Luminaria. Stass in my opinion is really lame. I always like Adi Gallia better and would not mind her either in front of Allie as well.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 17, 2007, 09:21 AM »
Are you kidding?  The ensuing baseball sign exchange between Obi-Wan and Anakin was ridiculous. 

They could have cut that part out. :P It's just that her death made sense on why there was a seat suddenly available on the council and neat knowing that Palpatine had ultimately arranged it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2007, 10:53 AM »
Are you kidding?  The ensuing baseball sign exchange between Obi-Wan and Anakin was ridiculous. 

They could have cut that part out. :P It's just that her death made sense on why there was a seat suddenly available on the council and neat knowing that Palpatine had ultimately arranged it.

Plus the fact that it would have made Grievous a bona fide onscreen Jedi-killer that he was supposed to be, instead of hoping that people watch the CW cartoons to get that.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2007, 12:06 PM »

It's not her seat that Anakin takes. During the holo transmission to Yoda on Kashyyyk when the Jedi Council is shown you can see Shaak Ti in the transmission.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2007, 09:16 AM »

It's not her seat that Anakin takes. During the holo transmission to Yoda on Kashyyyk when the Jedi Council is shown you can see Shaak Ti in the transmission.

Yeaahhh. Saw that too. :P That scene was obviously added after they decided to cut the front.

They could have cut that out to make it make the opening scene make sense. All I'm sayin' is, with what Vlad said and making it her seat on the council the one that becomes available, it would have enhanced the sub-plot just a bit more.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 18, 2007, 08:07 PM »

It's not her seat that Anakin takes.

It's Even Piell's if anyone was interested. Piell was killed by Grievous near ROTS I believe.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 23, 2007, 09:24 AM »
Compared to last year, when did we start hearing about much of next years waves? It's feeling either about time to start hearing about wave 3, 4 and 5 or late hearing about them.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 23, 2007, 09:39 AM »
I think we're pretty much on pace as far as news about new figures.  We usually see things up to about 6 months out.  The two major news events for Hasbro are Toy Fair and SDCC.  And we  wind up seeing the first half of their year at Toy Fair, and the second half at SDCC.  Stuff leaks out prior to those events, either from Hasbro themselves or from retailers who are sent imagery so that they can place their orders.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2007, 01:59 PM »
I saw in the recent Q and A that Hasbro gave this info regarding the "classic" lineup for 2008:

"For 2008, we are going to take the classic total down by about one wave. So from the current 60 figures this year, expect around 53 figures or so. Episodes III-VI will each have waves along with a The Force Unleashed wave and a couple other surprises in there."

That seems to slightly contradict the earlier report (from the Forcecast/Dan Curto) that following Wave 1 we would have an Episode 2 wave, a Jabba's/Cantina wave, a Death Star Wave, and an Endor Wave (although everything aside from the AOTC wave could probably be made to fit).  That would make (with the Force Unleashed wave) 5 waves before the Clone Wars line takes over (as well as the "couple surprises" they mentioned) - along with their total of 50-or-so figures.  I don't see us having 10 figure waves (with the five waves they have), so something else must be contributing to that total - unless that includes Clone Wars as well, but that's not how I understood it.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 30, 2007, 09:24 AM »
I think they said we're getting one less wave in '08, so depending on how you count '07, 8 or 9 waves (since 7.5 is in the bunch) we'll be getting 7 or 8 waves. Perhaps one will be yet another re-paint wave, but I would image the remaining waves will be clone war waves contributing to the basic figure line and the 53 figure total.