Author Topic: 2008 Rumors and Speculation  (Read 58337 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2008 Rumors and Speculation
« Reply #225 on: January 5, 2008, 10:32 PM »
I'm not to jazzed about this...especially with the all out blitz next fall will bring, I'd rather have these few Wave spots filled with the Movies and not two back to back non movie waves :-\

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #226 on: January 5, 2008, 11:53 PM »
Also, Ilum Padme would jive with Hasbro's hint that one early '07 battle pack figure would be revisited in this wave.  I'm stoked about this.   :)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 6, 2008, 12:36 AM »
As happy as I would be if that was the actual Wave Three lineup,(I love the clone Wars)I cannot help but think that this is just a fan wishlist that got reported as a rumor somewhere along the line.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #228 on: January 6, 2008, 03:32 AM »
I'm not to jazzed about this...especially with the all out blitz next fall will bring, I'd rather have these few Wave spots filled with the Movies and not two back to back non movie waves :-\

I'm with the old man here...  A practical blockade on the line will be inevitable with the cartoon, why mix in a wave early short of a "preview" wave?  PIss on that...  I want movie stuff beforehand.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 6, 2008, 09:18 AM »
Hopefully that's clone wars wave 3. I'm not too happy about the prospect of this being a basic figure wave.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #230 on: January 6, 2008, 09:36 AM »
And don't get me wrong, as a Clone Wars wave its fan-frickin-tastic.  Pretty much knocks out most the remaining holes from the original cartoon...so far I've been a little disappointed with the first 3 waves

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 6, 2008, 09:48 AM »
Isn't there supposed to be the regular TAC-style line running concurrently with the Clone Wars line?

I was under the impression that the Clone Wars stuff was going to be completely separate from the Star Wars Saga collection. Just like Saga Legends was separate from TAC in 2007. So there should be some movie-based waves coming out at the same time as the Clone Wars stuff. Perhaps I misread/misinterpreted some of the Q&A answers from a while back...

Hopefully we will see this wave at Toy Fair and perhaps it might even be the first wave featuring the Droid Factory BAF concept.

So I re-watched all of the Clone Wars last night.

Nelvaan Warrior (mutated and not) (A mutated one would be HUGE!)
Skakoan Techno Union Scientist

The mutated Nelvaan Warriors were huge and unless they made a deluxe figure (which I don't see happening) these aren't ever getting made. Perhaps an unmutated warrior might get made, but I doubt it. The Skakoan Scientists were nothing more than color variations of Wat Tambor, if they were to ever make these guys to go with the Nelvaan Warriors then it would just be a repaint of the Wat Tambor figure.

San Hill and the other Muuns
Muunilinst Neimoidian

Well, San Hill we already got as part of the Geonosis War Room Screen Scene. Perhaps the figure could LOOK better, but otherwise, there's really no need to do him again. In addition, the other Muuns with San Hill are all dressed relatively the same. Check out this image of them being lead off:

Not exactly exciting IMHO. Same thing goes with the Neimodian, basically he looked like Nute Gunray with blue/gray clothes as opposed to Nute's typical Red/Yellow/Orange attire. So again, if they made this figure it would just be a repaint of Nute.

Gooey unarmored Durge

Ok - this revelation about Durge in the Cartoon was one of the weakest parts. I am thankful that instead of another battle between Durge and Obi-Wan, we got the extended Volume 1 Episode 20 with the Jedi facing off against Grievous. Since we're talking about Animated Clone Wars figures done in the realistic style, I'm afraid that the closest you might get to this is battle damaged Durge w/his helmet removed as seen in issue 3 of the Obsession comic series.

Jedi Sha'a Gi
Jedi Daakman Barrek
Jedi Tarr Seirr

Ok - so Barrek is only seen in a blurry hologram. Sha'a Gi is the Jedi Padawan that gives into fear and Tarr Seirr is the Cerean Jedi. I guess in terms of adding them to the ranks of the Jedi, having figures of them would be cool. But none of these characters are overly exciting in terms of design.

Jedi K'Kruhk

I had forgotten that they had made that Whiphid Jedi in Volume 1 Episode 20, K'Kruhk. They even say that the other Jedi are dead yet K'Kruhk has shown up in the Dark Times comic and in the Legacy comic. So now of course, they've modified the details around the Battle of Hypori to indicate that K'Kruhk was THOUGHT to have been dead. Ok, fine. I have no doubt that we will eventually get a K'Kruhk figure. Hopefully though, the figure will be based on a design of him from the Dark Horse Comics - completely with Straw Hat.  ;D

Jedi Nem Bees (we don't see him in the cartoon in Jedi attire, but they could still make it with it.)
Kon'me

Nem Bees comes from the "What's the Story" feature on StarWars.com. If they were going to give us a Jedi Nem Bees figure, hopefully it will be him in his Jedi Attire. As he appeared in the cartoon is nothing more than a Max Reebo figure. The Kon'me are interesting design, and again were part of the "What's the Story" feature, since they were only ever featured for a split second fighting off Seperatist forces. The design when translated into the movie-style figures might end up looking like a poor-man's Arbiter (from Halo) which would be okay I guess but might cause some problems.

Battle Droid with speeder sub

This design would definitely be welcome, you need something for Kit Fisto, the Scuba Clones and the Mon Calamari to fight against! The Manta Sub-fighters are also pretty cool, might make for a neat battle-pack at some point. Manta sub-fighter, 2 mini-subs w/battle droids, shirtless Kit Fisto.

Sidious w/ Hologram Walker

This design borrowed from the appearance in The Phantom Menace. I have no doubt that we will eventually see this figure get made. Personally I would prefer a light-up feature over a wind-up walking feature, but I'd be willing to bet that Hasbro tries the walking feature route.

Phase 2 Captain Fordo

I'd rather see them give us a better Captain Fordo in the Phase 1 ARC-Trooper armor before going the Phase 2 route, but since they already have a good Phase 1 ARC Trooper figure, it would be cool if they gave us a Captain Fordo figure that could easily switch between Phase 1 and Phase 2 versions. Perferably with a soft-goods kama.

So in the end, I still maintain that if that list is indeed made, the majority of the prominent designs from the series will be covered. Sure there are some stragglers, but those worth making (K'Kruhk and Holo Sidious on Hologram Walker) appeared elsewhere and are likely to be made at some point.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 6, 2008, 02:43 PM »
it would be cool if they gave us a Captain Fordo figure that could easily switch between Phase 1 and Phase 2 versions.

Oh man... that would be a nice figure. ;D
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 6, 2008, 04:54 PM »
2008 Wave 3?

I find this hard to believe when there's a Clone Wars line coming out but,

From, http://potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12706

Obi-Wan (in General's armor)
Clone Trooper with quad cannon
Clone SCUBA Trooper
Saesee Tiin in General armor
Padme Ilum
Black IG-88 Speeder-Bike Droid
Mon Calamari Warrior
Quarren Soldier

If this is true, I like the lineup.  I've been waiting on this Obi-Wan, Saesee Tiin and the IG Lancer droid for a while.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 7, 2008, 12:05 AM »
So I re-watched all of the Clone Wars last night...

Nice analysis Pete, most of those names hadn't meant anything to me.

2008 Wave 3?

I find this hard to believe when there's a Clone Wars line coming out but,

From, http://potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12706

Obi-Wan (in General's armor)
Clone Trooper with quad cannon
Clone SCUBA Trooper
Saesee Tiin in General armor
Padme Ilum
Black IG-88 Speeder-Bike Droid
Mon Calamari Warrior
Quarren Soldier

Isn't there supposed to be the regular TAC-style line running concurrently with the Clone Wars line?

I was under the impression that the Clone Wars stuff was going to be completely separate from the Star Wars Saga collection. Just like Saga Legends was separate from TAC in 2007. So there should be some movie-based waves coming out at the same time as the Clone Wars stuff. Perhaps I misread/misinterpreted some of the Q&A answers from a while back...

Could Wave 3 of the basic line actually be the first wave of the Clone Wars line already?  I thought the Clone Wars line was replacing the basic figure line, not running alongside it.  But that seems awfully soon to be moving into Clone Wars figures already since the show isn't due until the fall.  (I'd better go read through the Q&A section and try to clarify this...)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #235 on: January 7, 2008, 01:35 AM »
And don't get me wrong, as a Clone Wars wave its fan-frickin-tastic.  Pretty much knocks out most the remaining holes from the original cartoon...so far I've been a little disappointed with the first 3 waves

I agree again, they're THE CW figures I've asked for personally.  That's almost what makes me doubt the validity, as it's almost "too good to be true" kind of a thing.  Yet at the same time stuff's been good quite often, so maybe it's going to happen.  I just wish it was part of the CW line so they could give us more movie stuff while the giving's good.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 7, 2008, 09:12 AM »
  I just wish it was part of the CW line so they could give us more movie stuff while the giving's good.

Amen. Seems a bit much considering the figures from this wave are more or less going to be the focus of the fall line.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 7, 2008, 09:32 AM »
Echoing what others have said, the lineup for this wave looks great.  I'm a little surprised that we may be seeing this though, with the big CW push later in the year.  This is basically my wish list for the Clone Wars figures I'd like to see, so it would make for a great wave - but I wouldn't mind seeing a little OT love in these waves before CW takes over.  I know we got a lot of nice OT figures in '07, but I'm greedy :).  If this lineup is true, we've got ROTS, TFU, and CW taking us likely through the spring for basic figures, with the "Clone Wars" line hitting in the fall.  Who knows, maybe the waves will be released quicker than that, but otherwise it might make finding "movie" figures kind of tough for a bit.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #238 on: January 7, 2008, 10:20 AM »

I thought the Clone Wars line was replacing the basic figure line, not running alongside it.  But that seems awfully soon to be moving into Clone Wars figures already since the show isn't due until the fall. 

Clone Wars is replacing the Saga Legends line, not the main Saga basic figure line according to Hasbro (via a JediTempleArchives Q&A answer):

Right now, we do not have plans for a full third figure line consisting entirely of greatest hits/legends in the Fall..since this line will basically be replaced by the Clone Wars line.  However, we are planning on doing some select "greatest hits" in the main (Saga) line....

So, yeah - like Pete said you should still see movie stuff on the shelves next to the CW stuff.  I think they even confirmed a new RotJ wave for Fall 2008 (via the Yak Q&A), so it's not like the movie stuff dies after the cartoon comes out.  Cut back maybe, but not gone...

As for Wave 3 rumor, I'm not getting my hopes up.  Many figures on that list could be repacks, repaints, or kit-bashes, so I'm not getting too excited until we hear/see more...  it sure will suck when it's revealed that the Armor Obi-Wan and Ilum Padme are just carded releases of the old BP figures.   :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 7, 2008, 02:28 PM »
If this rumor is true then I'll be stoked for some of them.

I'll get:
X1 Obi-Wan (in General's armor)
X2 Clone Trooper with quad cannon
X5 Clone SCUBA Trooper
X2 Saesee Tiin in General armor
X1 maybe Padme Ilum (Has to be a total new fig for me to buy again)
X4 Black IG-88 Speeder-Bike Droid
X5 Mon Calamari Warrior
X5 Quarren Soldier

I'm trying real hard to stick to squad numbers (5) instead of going crazy with army building.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010