Author Topic: 2008 Rumors and Speculation  (Read 58474 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart UPCs & Evolution Pilots Rumours
« Reply #270 on: January 14, 2008, 10:00 AM »
These rumors do sound pretty good, and I'm definitely looking forward to the Evolution sets.  I hope they have what everyone is listing in this thread, some nice SA rebel pilots (with a Wedge and Snowspeeder Luke being the ones I'd definitely like to see).  The Padme set is a welcome surprise as well, seeing as they sounded like it wouldn't happen at one point.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Rumors and Speculation
« Reply #271 on: January 15, 2008, 01:32 PM »
Anton
        I was think more alone the lines of the Clone Wars Line that is due this Fall.   That will be running as a seperate line.    I think Wave 3 will be in the realislic appeal.   I am hoping I am wrong about the fall line, but then again that would just mean it will be easier to pass on.  Saving a few$$
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 16, 2008, 12:40 PM »
Ooh I'd be pissed if the AT-TE was the cartoon style and not the realistic style. It would just be like Hasbro to go that route too as the cartoon style would have less detail....grr.

When the hell is ToyFare!!!?!!!

I need to see this thing to quell my bursting curiosity.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #273 on: January 16, 2008, 03:30 PM »
I am 99.9% sure Hasbro already confirmed that all 3.75 including the new CW TV show will be realistic interpretations due to  build on the 3.75 platform. They said they did not want to revisit cartoon style for a long time. All of this will be realistic sculpts, I place my life on it as I am that sure.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #274 on: January 16, 2008, 03:34 PM »
I rememeber that as well. I dont think they are going to be animated style. Dont get me wrong, i enjoy the look, but dont think many people felt the same way and Hasbro seems to know that.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 16, 2008, 03:43 PM »
As others have already said, I'm pretty sure its been said that the CW line will be "realistic style", but I guess we'll see here in a month or so at Toy Fair.  Also, I thought in one of the Q and A's it was mentioned that a figure got delayed from TAC (2008) Wave 1 to the Clone Wars line, and I don't think it would "fit in" with the CW line if it was in the realistic style (as the rest of Wave 1 is).  I kind of liked the toon figures the last time around, just as a small sub-collection, but since its pretty likely the next CW line will be longer-lived, I'd like to see them in the movie style as well.  If they want to do a toon-type line, make it a different line (and limited) like the last time.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 16, 2008, 04:21 PM »
according to the front page of snowtroopers.ca it looks like the BAF will be seperate from the basic line and be at a higher price  :-X $12.99 CDN i dont know how much that would be in the states though.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 17, 2008, 09:03 AM »
according to the front page of snowtroopers.ca it looks like the BAF will be seperate from the basic line

I can't see that, that's just too many lines; Basic, SL, BAF and CW. No more than two lines running concurrently.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 17, 2008, 04:22 PM »
according to the front page of snowtroopers.ca it looks like the BAF will be seperate from the basic line

I can't see that, that's just too many lines; Basic, SL, BAF and CW. No more than two lines running concurrently.

well this is hasbro we are talking about.

only thing im scared of is that if BAF is part of the basic fig assortment and their listed at 12.99 it might mean that CDN has had a $3 increase in figures. if thats the case i dont think i have any other choice but to quit collectioning again :(
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 19, 2008, 08:22 AM »
Well, Saga Legends will be ending when Clone Wars starts.

So first half of the year: TAC & Saga Legends

Second half of the year: Clone Wars & The Saga Collection 3

Where in the second half of the year, the Saga Collection will be the secondary line, the waves will still be themed, but we won't get waves like Wave 5 & 7 where all of the figures will be new, we'll get waves where like 1 or 2 figures are new, 1 or 2 figures are kit-bashed and then 1 or 2 figures are complete repaints/repacks.

That is the impression that Hasbro has given us via Q&A answers.

So if the Droid Factory line is separate that would make three lines at once. I'm pretty sure Hasbro has stated that there will not be more than two lines running at any one time either.

So my guess is that what I'm calling The Saga Collection 3 will also be The Droid Factory Collection
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 19, 2008, 09:08 AM »
Thanks for putting that together Pete, that makes sense.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 19, 2008, 12:45 PM »
well according to some pictures i saw over at RS. the new obi and ani figures both have ball jointed hips and the lava plat form is tiny. not even big enough to hold the told figures.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 19, 2008, 10:03 PM »
WTF? That's retarded.

When is Toyfare?
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 19, 2008, 10:44 PM »
well according to some pictures i saw over at RS. the new obi and ani figures both have ball jointed hips and the lava plat form is tiny. not even big enough to hold the told figures.

Ya know, I know they said that they decided to make the lava droid it's own figure, but the base being too small for Obi/Ani is ridiculous. They could have EASILY made it two halves that connect. Include a half with each fig and bam full base. So we don't get the actual lava drdoi, fine. That can be a pack-in for a battle pack at some later date.

I for one wouldn't mind seeing a Mustafar battle pack. Have the new seperatist leader never made, mixed in with some of the old, or the old characters in new outfits. Throw in the lava droid as an accessory. Heck make this an ULTRA set and they would have a place and reason to make the "flea" and rider.

How hard could this all have been, really?
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 20, 2008, 10:41 AM »
When is Toyfare?

Toyfare magazine appears on newsstands every month.

Now if you're talking about the NY International Toy Fair, that happens in mid February.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback