Author Topic: Jar Jar Binks  (Read 17566 times)

Offline Sith Bounty Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hunting new figures daily
    • View Profile
Re: Jar Jar Binks
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2003, 08:34 PM »
I don't think that Jar Jar sucks, I think Best and Lucas screwed the character by making his voice like that and act the way he does at times.  Jar Jar is in a way a important part of the series of movies since he helps the Jedi get to Amidala and got the Nabooians and Gungans together to work towardss a better Naboo.  He then gives Palpatine the power that he needs to end up beoming Emperor.  So I don't really hate Jar Jar but more the actor and director ways of playing the character.  ;D
No Binks is just plane stupid.
Dont under estimate the power of a sith lord

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
    • View Profile
    • Son of Bob.homestead.com
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2003, 03:23 PM »
I just hate the fact that in Attack of the Clones, Senator Amidala leaves him to vote against an army of the republic being formed.   Then he's stupid enough to fall for one blatently obvious attempt to persuade him to bring up the issue in the first place!

Either Amidala thinks Jar Jar Binks is smart, or she's just as stupid as he is.  Which may be why she falls for Anikin in the first place.  How do you fall in love with a whiny, slaughterer of woman and children, bad acting looser?  Oh, it was written into her script!  ::)

Oh, Jar Jar does stink!  Most of the people who said he could have been a lot better if they'd just have changed a few things, are completely right.  But don't worry, 10 years from now Lucas will re-release the films with new lines and acting for Jar Jar and all will be ok.

Just my humble, yet correct opinion ;)

Lemon-Viper
Stressed out?  Poop.  It'll make you feel better.

Offline Sith Bounty Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hunting new figures daily
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2003, 08:21 PM »
Either Amidala thinks Jar Jar Binks is smart, or she's just as stupid as he is.

Honestly I think Amidala thinks Jar Jar is smart so that makes her stupid
Dont under estimate the power of a sith lord

Offline chris solo

• Youngling
  • Smuggler
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2003, 08:25 PM »
Now that was a deep thought. ::)
Laugh it up fuzzball !!! Bleep, Bleep

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2003, 09:14 PM »
As far as Jar Jar giving Palpatine the emergency powers while Padme was away he did what he thought was in the good of the Republic.  Obi Wan gives the Jedi and the Republic leaders (Palpatine and others) information that there will be a war no matter what and it will be coming shortly so they was no time to recurit an Army.  With the other information that was giving by Obi Wan about the clones (who no one knows whoordered them) the fact is that the Republic needs to use this Clone Army.  
At this point is when alot of people's views may of change and maybe Padme would of being one of them but she was one of the first casuilty of the war being captured by the Enemy.  Jar Jar is then hears Mas Ameda talking about what would Padme do and decides that since she would of fought to save her people in EP1(Battle of Naboo) then she would of propably decided that war was inavatable so they should do something now before they get attack.  Jar Jar does do what he thinks is right giving Palpatine the Emergency Powers to order the Clone Army useage; powers which all Jar Jar and alot of other think he will give up after the war is over (Not knowing the whole situation with Palpatine).  
We don't know what Padme would of done had she been in the Senate but I have a feeling with what we seen of her in Ep1 that she would of eventually voted for the Clones once it came out that the Confedency was preparing to attack.  

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2003, 08:56 PM »
Does Jar Jar Binks suck or am I alone on this one?

Yep, he sucks.  Big time.

If you thought you might be alone in this observation, then obviously you haven't been paying much attention over the last four years!   :P

Offline chris solo

• Youngling
  • Smuggler
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2003, 01:03 AM »
I'm new to the computer world. Since February or so. It appears its just common sense to know that Jar Jar is as useful as the act of milking a dead horse. :-\

Jango Fettish

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2003, 01:18 AM »
Milking a dead horse, or beating a dead horse? I don't think you can milk a horse though. It has no TEETS!  :D

Ya know, David (Boba Binks) can testify that Jar Jar actually plays an important part in the SW Universe. Not only is he a kid movie viewer appeasement, he's the one that pretty much said yes to the creation of the Clone Army by giving Palpy the power. Thus leading to the end of the Jedi Order.

Gotta love Jar Jar..
« Last Edit: July 16, 2003, 01:19 AM by Jango Fettish »

Offline chris solo

• Youngling
  • Smuggler
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2003, 01:27 AM »
Milking a dead horse, or beating a dead horse? I don't think you can milk a horse though. It has no TEETS!  :D

Ya know, David (Boba Binks) can testify that Jar Jar actually plays an important part in the SW Universe. Not only is he a kid movie viewer appeasement, he's the one that pretty much said yes to the creation of the Clone Army by giving Palpy the power. Thus leading to the end of the Jedi Order.

Gotta love Jar Jar..

A horse has teets. Birds and lizzrads don't. You wouldn't want to breast feed a bird anyway (beek). The analogy is my own and you can see the lack of usefullness in milking a dead horse (wierd but the point is notable).

Jar Jar might have had a bit of a purpose but in appeasing the children they upset a large amount of OT fans with high expectations. He didn't need a "hip hoppish" accent, but I can sort of put up with Jar Jar's general poor humour stupidity.

Offline E.Z.

• Jedi Initiate
  • Montreal, Quebec
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2003, 10:49 AM »
Every now and then I go through my figures and ask my wife who she thinks looks cool. I try to get her involved in something that uses a lot of my spare time.

Yesterday I showed her these and this were her reactions:

FX-7: "I don't really find him that cool, I don't know why" (after I had said "look at how cool he is")

Blue Coruscant Guard: "Wow he's cool"

Biker Scout: "Yah he's alright"

Jar Jar Binks: "Ugh, he's crap"
Shawn

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2003, 10:00 AM »
Shawn, love your wife's reaction to Jar Jar.   8)
dustrho

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2003, 10:39 PM »

Jar Jar Binks: "Ugh, he's crap"

LOL! couldn't of been better said.  If you still don't know what I think of him HE SUX!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2005, 05:11 AM »
I just watched Episode I again tonight, and I have to agree...Jar Jar sucks, in a big way.

However, I have noticed that Jar Jar doesn't ruin my enjoyment of Episode I quite as thoroughly as young "Manakin" Skywalker, Jake Lloyd. Every line he delivers makes me cringe even more than when Jar Jar says "Pee-yoosa."

"I'll try spinning! That's a good trick!" Oh god, please kill me.

I wonder why Vader didn't say that in the Death Star trench when Han came roaring up his backside in the Falcon? Might have changed the whole course of the war in that one moment.  :P

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2005, 02:12 PM »
Young Anakin's my beef with TPM as well...  Jar Jar's not the best, but you could've made him a tolerable character.  That Anakin though...  That kid's future is toast.

Like I always say...  "Was the 6th Sense kid busy or something?"

Of course, I'm now completely to the conclusion E1 wasn't a necessity even...  E2 = E1, an E2 that is central with the Clone Wars (the toon era), and E3 then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2005, 08:41 PM »
Someone asked me last night if they should watch TPM and AOTC before seeing the new movie. They'd previously attempted to watch TPM and fallen asleep, then never bothered with AOTC at all.

I recommended that she actually skip both, as I don't see much information in either movie now that would prevent an average movie-goer from enjoying ROTS. Not midiclorians, not the Anakin-Padme romance, not the Clone Wars, and not even Anakin's sweet-kid origins story. Nothing at all. I told her to jump into ROTS and remember what it was like with ANH, where it brings you into the story just when things are getting good.

Jar Jar is just as bad as Jake Lloyd to me. Curse Rob Colman, and the naive animators that felt every time the character was on-screen it needed to move. Not with subtlety, either, but with a CG sledgehammer. They animated him so that he competes for attention full-throttle through the whole movie. He rips me out of the movie more than Lloyd's awful acting, to me.