Author Topic: 30AC Wave 5 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122278 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 5 - Expanded Universe
« Reply #195 on: September 9, 2007, 08:57 PM »
Time to go spar with Kitty World lady again. :P

You should lay that bitch out.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 10, 2007, 01:42 AM »
There's so many cool figs in this wave I'm trying to decide which to open and which ones I like the best!!

(Picked these all up today via stash from DG)

The DS

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 10, 2007, 09:20 AM »
I got to open the first four figures last night.

Hermie's just awesome. His sheer size makes him cool alone, but the sculpt and the cloth cape make him one of my favorites of the year.

3PO is okay. Sure the eye gag is fun, and the ball jointed torso is a nice bit of articulation, but the standard protocol limbs are disappointing. Crumb is fun to have a nice variation of.

Roron is well done. Well sculpted, fine articulation, there's really nothing wrong with him.

Yoda is the surprise one for me. The Kybuck is kind of cool in and of itself, but Yoda is a well done tiny figure. The best part for me is the lightsaber holster (with hilt) slung across his back.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 10, 2007, 10:25 AM »
Found wave 5 at walmart this morning in North Alabama

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 10, 2007, 12:40 PM »
Anyone know when New Force usually ships?  This is the first case I ever pre-ordered from them and I was expecting it to get to me around the time they started showing up in stores, but really had no idea when it would be.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #200 on: September 10, 2007, 12:54 PM »
Anyone know when New Force usually ships? 

It depends on when they get their stuff from Hasbro...  :P

Lately they've been a bit ahead of retail and actually, New Force already started shipping Wave 5:

From the NewForceComics.com front page:

SW wave 5
August 30, 2007 | 4:39 PM | newforce1

We have received a very small quantity of wave 5 cases that will all ship out Friday.

I think they got about 20-30% of their order.  If you weren't in that first batch, it will be another 2-3 weeks or so at least.  Rick usually updates the front page of NewForce when they get allocations from Hasbro and then it's about 2 weeks after that they get them in hand for shipping...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 10, 2007, 02:36 PM »
Good to know - I doubt mine was sent being as my card hasn't been charged still.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #202 on: September 10, 2007, 02:44 PM »
Thats good to know I ordered one from D&S and one from New Force. wave 4 has not been seen in my neck of the woods yet. this years UGH is going to be a bitch......Wave 3 has not been that abundant. I am glad I buy online these days.

If anyone has extra UGH let me know I have 3 for trade.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 10, 2007, 03:06 PM »
Thats good to know I ordered one from D&S and one from New Force. wave 4 has not been seen in my neck of the woods yet. this years UGH is going to be a bitch......Wave 3 has not been that abundant.

Sounds exactly like here, I've only seen half of Wave 3, and only it once.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 10, 2007, 06:17 PM »
Damn!!!! Hermi kicks ass.  Just back from Walmart and scored one along with 2 Anakin's 1 Roron.  After reading that people here in SoCal had been finding them I decided just for kicks to see what was to be had didn't think I'd actually find any so late in the day but low and behold.  I don't know how many cases this wal-mart orders but damn there was a lot of Roron's, Anakin's & 3PO's.  They must've gotten wave 4 earlier in the week or at least ordered fewer cases of it, I base that on because there were far more of the wave 5 "pegwarmers"-using that term lightly then there were the leftovers from the wave 4.  And of course no Darth's, Grevious', Yoda's or McQ's in sight. 
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2007, 09:23 AM »
Opened the rest of wave 5 last night (Ani, Ravin, Mallak, Grevious and Starkiller.)

Despite not being an EU fan, I have to begrudgingly admit that these are all well done figures. The standouts for me in the entire wave are Hermie and Starkiller.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 11, 2007, 03:19 PM »
I'm looking forward to getting a case of these figs next week. I think I'm going to get a couple extra Revans at retail if I find them for customs. I think the outfit lends itself nicely to Tuskens and or Jedi.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #207 on: September 11, 2007, 04:27 PM »
I've seen hide nor hair of Wave 4, so Wave 5's not really appreciated at the moment...

And, as much as I'm an army builder, even I can't afford to help "clear the pegs" of what's hanging around these days.  It's been a rough year because there's a LOT of good figures in general, there's a TON of good army builders (better than any year previous), and there's been **** you gotta chase down left and right on top of it all (McQuarrie, UGH, etc.). 

Wave 5 surfacing is really a moment I just groaned...  And I love every figure in the wave too!  That's the sick part.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2007, 05:43 PM »
I've seen hide nor hair of Wave 4, so Wave 5's not really appreciated at the moment...

And, as much as I'm an army builder, even I can't afford to help "clear the pegs" of what's hanging around these days.  It's been a rough year because there's a LOT of good figures in general, there's a TON of good army builders (better than any year previous), and there's been **** you gotta chase down left and right on top of it all (McQuarrie, UGH, etc.). 

Wave 5 surfacing is really a moment I just groaned...  And I love every figure in the wave too!  That's the sick part.
This is a repost from another thread, just for you Jesse:

Jesse, you could always go in with me on an order for cases. The wave 6 case looks to be pretty good. This case includes:
2X McSnowtroopers
2X Hans/Torture Racks
2X Lando Smugglers
2X McRebels
2X 4-Loms
1X Death Star Trooper
1X Stormtrooper

I've already posted in our local forums as well as here that I'll have extras of Han, Lando and 4-Lom. However if you want a case for yourself, the cases are only $75, plus a little for shipping. If I order two cases shipping is usually around $11 total. So that puts the total case cost at only $80.50. That's still well below retail, which is $7 per fig plus another 50 cents for tax. That comes to $90 for the same 12 at retail. Heck a $10 savings with only a couple of extras that should be fairly easy to trade isn't bad at all.

Let me know and I'll put you in on my order for a case for yourself (or if you just want the extras from my case). No need to panic on the lack of product when you'v got a fellow local collector willing to hook you up.

I know you say you like the thrill of the hunt, yet I see you getting frustrated all the time not finding stuff. Why not take some of the frustration out of the equation? Plus the moeny saved on gas alone should make this worth it as well. Then there's the time that you are saving so you can spend it with your lady and her kid.

Collecting has become a lot better for me, since I've decided to buy cases.

Seriously man, just think about it and let me know.

End repost:
Now while that doesn't help you for Wave 5 (The guy is sold out of that wave already), it can secure you the figs from wv6. Let me know as soon as you can about your decision so I can let him know to hold another case for me or not. I know you like the hunt, but sometimes enough is enough. Let this work for you (buying cases from the net), instead of the other way around. (driving a car around, not finding figs and wasting gas and time and getting frustrated).

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 11, 2007, 05:58 PM »
Jesse, my reaction was the same as yours: a loud and annoyed groan.  Having waves released this close to one another is just overwhelming, especially after months of little to nothing new showing up.  Granted, a lot of waves showed up on the first nights for TPM/AOTC-Saga/ROTS, but with those lines, it was all new product, all at once, with nothing to hold back the floodgates.  Now it's two waves almost simultaneously (not counting Saga Legends) that have to compete with the backlog of 2006 TSC and 30AC Vaders to find space on the pegs.

Since these are just showing up at Wal-Mart so far, I may as well not even bother as neither WM has stocked anything past Wave 2 of 30AC on what little peg space that isn't already occupied by Jerjerrods and Endor Threepios.   ::)