Author Topic: 30AC Wave 5 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122262 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: 30AC Wave 5 - Expanded Universe
« Reply #255 on: October 13, 2007, 12:28 PM »
Thanks to Chewie I got most of the Jabba wave, and the anakin from this wave. Hopefully I'll be able to find the rest of wave 5 in stores, I need to stock pile them :-\

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 13, 2007, 12:30 PM »
who is missing what from this wave?

I'm missing all of them.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #257 on: October 13, 2007, 12:47 PM »
Wave 5 was the first time I ever bit the bullet and ordered a case. I am among the people that did get stuck with a revision case from NewForce. So he technically isn't from this wave but I'm really only in need of a McVader. It sure was nice not really having to worry about this wave, cause I haven't seen **** here in CO. It has been about as dry here over the last few months as it has been in years. SO I may be in trouble fining some carded doubles of Revan, Malak, and the McQuarries.

Overall I'm really happy with this wave. Revan could be one of my favorite figures ever. The detail in that sculpt is amazing. I think I may have to find two more so I can customize my versions of Revan, both light and dark. The arm articulation on Greivous was somewhat disappointing, since he doesn't even have at the very least swivel elbows. 3PO isn't really anything special, but at least they tried something new with him. I think this is easily my favorite wave of the year.
"This is the way."

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 26, 2007, 02:29 PM »
the figures have arrived now in germany, wave 6 as well

today i went to a city, where you are sure you'll find new figures, and i was right ^^

i bought roron and hermi odle from wave 5, and now there are only some left:

one darth revan, one darth malak, one anakin and one starkiller, all other figures are sold out :o
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Heart_of_Darkness

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Where can I buy....
« Reply #259 on: May 28, 2008, 06:42 PM »
Where can I buy Darth Revan and Darth Malak for a set price online? I've checked plenty of retail stores and ebay, but i still can't find them. ???

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Where can I buy....
« Reply #260 on: May 28, 2008, 10:07 PM »
Where can I buy Darth Revan and Darth Malak for a set price online? I've checked plenty of retail stores and ebay, but i still can't find them. ???

good luck those are two really hard figures to find the hardest of all the tac collection..picked mine up at Khols..way back in the fall..saw them a TRUS once or twice..never at Target....

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 28, 2008, 10:51 PM »

good luck those are two really hard figures to find the hardest of all the tac collection..picked mine up at Khols..way back in the fall..saw them a TRUS once or twice..never at Target....

I would not go as far to say that. They both peg warmed for a couple weeks in my area, and they were in abundance at local comic shops. Hard to find at times yes...hardest..no. Your best bet to find these figures will be among the trading boards on this site or any other figure trading site.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 28, 2008, 11:12 PM »
I would not go as far to say that. They both peg warmed for a couple weeks in my area, and they were in abundance at local comic shops. Hard to find at times yes...hardest..no. Your best bet to find these figures will be among the trading boards on this site or any other figure trading site.

I think you're situtation is a rarity JT.  I also found Wave 5 to be the rarest/hardest to find of the TAC figures.  I saw them at Kohl's and Target at various points, but they were never around long enough to warm any pegs in the twin cities area.  Shockingly, a local target just got a fresh case of Wave 5 last week, so its entirely possible that other Targets in other areas will see these flow through in the near future as well.  Could be an isolated case where they were just cleaning out leftover stuff from the distribution center, but maybe Hasbro is pushing more of these out now that we're in the middle of a multi-month lull.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #263 on: May 29, 2008, 06:59 AM »
Revan and Malak were the only 2 figures i never saw on the pegs during the 30th waves.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 29, 2008, 09:05 AM »
It's weird, Biker Scout and I live in the same area and I saw wave 5 a lot whereas he never saw it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 2, 2008, 02:46 PM »

I think you're situtation is a rarity JT.  I also found Wave 5 to be the rarest/hardest to find of the TAC figures.  I saw them at Kohl's and Target at various points, but they were never around long enough to warm any pegs in the twin cities area.  Shockingly, a local target just got a fresh case of Wave 5 last week, so its entirely possible that other Targets in other areas will see these flow through in the near future as well.  Could be an isolated case where they were just cleaning out leftover stuff from the distribution center, but maybe Hasbro is pushing more of these out now that we're in the middle of a multi-month lull.

You're correct Justin, in so much as the Wave 5 was rare in most places.  Except Canada, where Jangotat resides.  We saw wave 5 in abundance and I can still find bits and pieces (including lots of Starkillers) hanging about the pegs right now.  It seems that it was part Hasbro shipping a lot of it up here on trilogo cardbacks and this was also the last wave of TAC we saw, so those tend to get jammed up and overproduced.  I know that's contrary to the last wave theory in the US, but this is far from the last actual wave of TAC, just the last wave on trilogo cards.  JT still has to come to the realization that Canada has very little to do with reality in the collecting world ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 2, 2008, 08:51 PM »
In my little world we play a huge role ::)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #267 on: June 2, 2008, 08:52 PM »
All I know is I love when Brent sends me Pemmican and Beaver Pelts for a Star Wars figure. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 2, 2008, 11:11 PM »
In my little world we play a huge role ::)

That was never a doubt. 

Jesse, I think the only thing I've ever sent you was a red ARC.  Your US Customs people are all fussy about sending "food" in the mail.   :-X  Maybe if I labeled it as "fire water" it might go through more easily. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #269 on: June 2, 2008, 11:29 PM »
I can't remember actually what we've traded...  All I know is, I need me some Canadian dry goods.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77