Author Topic: 30AC Wave 5 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122264 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 5 - Expanded Universe
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2007, 09:41 AM »
Looks like Salacious is dry-humping 3PO's ear. I always wondered what that green stuff was  :-X

I just spewed some green stuff myself after reading that  :P.  Wow, Hermi is gorgeous!  Well, you know what I mean  :-*
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2007, 10:11 AM »
First wave without an new Armybuilder! 3-PO and Hermie look awesome. Don't know if I'm going to buy an opener set of the EU stuff though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2007, 10:25 AM »
Wow, I'm totally loving this wave.  I hope its on display in person at C4.  I want to get a closer peak!!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2007, 10:52 AM »
Cool beans.

Hermi's always looked weird though... like a male body part.  :-\

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2007, 11:04 AM »
They all look great but I really wish Hasbro would stop using the swivel elbow (especially for Jedi) and just use the ball jointed elbow. I'm gonna have to get more Grievous Guards for Roron to battle.
I remember my dream now.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2007, 11:57 AM »
This is by far the coolest wave of the year without a doubt. I think Roron Corobb looks the best, he is awesome. Hermi Odle will be super, he looks wonderful!!! Boobs Luke should be cool, too! Man, theyre all super cool, I can't find one 'good' let alone bad part of this wave, they are all great!!! First EU wave ever, and its a winner!!!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2007, 12:15 PM »
Ok, wow. Everything from the OT and the Clone Wars cartoon looks friggin fantastic. I was a bit skeptical about Grievous and the KOTOR figures but they look great. Not sure if I'll skip them or not. Hopefully we'll see better pics at C4.

I'm most interested in seeing pics of Yoda. Hard to tell from this picture if he's all new or a rehash.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2007, 12:27 PM »
This is by far the coolest wave of the year without a doubt. I think Roron Corobb looks the best, he is awesome. Hermi Odle will be super, he looks wonderful!!! Boobs Luke should be cool, too! Man, theyre all super cool, I can't find one 'good' let alone bad part of this wave, they are all great!!! First EU wave ever, and its a winner!!!

I agree completely. Oh and that's Boobs McLuke...ha ha
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2007, 12:30 PM »

Looks like 3PO is a re-hash of a previous figure w/o ball-joint arms. :-\

Ok Stormtrooper, Darth, Jabba's guy, 3P0  and a Hammerhead in Pajamas? on the Top row,

second row is Yoda, Anakin I guess, Darth something, Darth Bozo, a mouse guy and Luke as a girl...

hopefully this will be the wave the Stormtrooper is more than 1 to a case, cuz the rest of those will be definate skips for me.  And I like EU, so it is not an Anti-EU thing.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2007, 12:53 PM »
Awesome wave! I'll get Girl Luke and the KOTOR figures.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2007, 01:57 PM »
Very cool wave all the way around. 

Hermi Odle...tough to tell.  He definitely looks pretty bulky, but it's tough to figure just how he measures up with other figures in the wave.  The coloring seems a little weird too, but I think it's best to see it in person before being really critical.

Threepio reminds me of the SAGA Gold Ultra version that came with the escape pod.  Mainly because of the finish.  But I definitely see some telltale indications that this is a ROTJ Threepio.  On this one you can see that the wires in the midsection are pretty straight up and down.  That only really happened with the ROTJ Threepio costume.  It looks like the knees might be articulated, too.  Salacious is an improvement too.  The previous versions have all been the same, totally preposed.  This one actually appears to have some articulation.

Roron Corobb looks interesting.  They've managed to blend some of that cartoon elements with what we know of the Ithorians from the movies.  It also looks like Hasbro is reusing that McQuarrie Stormtrooper lightsaber again.  Articulation looks decent and well camoflaged.

Yoda on the Kybuck is probably my favorite piece from this wave.  The Kybuck looks interesting, especially since it had never been seen in the live-action SW universe.  And Yoda looks appropriately scaled with some cool Clone Wars gear.  The SG brown cloak looks really cool.

Anakin seems alright.  But there seems to be something of a paint error here.  Shouldn't his pants be brown?  What I'm also wondering is if he's going to have an alternate burnt up robotic hand.  Beyond that, I see the articulation and it looks pretty well hidden.  The final product should be interesting.

Revan's been talked about ad nauseum.  But Malak?  Looks cool, although the coloration around the eyes seems a bit strange.  I think seeing it in person will tell a great deal more.

Grievous looks interesting, but I had always seen him with the mask on in this form.  I want to see a better photo.

Starkiller Hero?  It's not quite what I had pictured from the original McQuarrie image, but it seems interesting at the very least.

The real thing I like in this wave?  That we're getting some genuine variety.  The themed waves are cool, but sometimes they lock Hasbro into some character choices that aren't necessarily the best figures/characters we could get.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2007, 04:06 PM »
Nice wave. I like the variety.

*orders set*  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2007, 04:54 PM »
I have an action figure erection...  B:::::::::ID

-Hermi Odle...  Friggin' sweet and about time.  Can't tell scale but he's actually not huge/towering as much as he is broad/round.  I think the way the image from EE is photoshopped though makes it much more difficult to tell scale.  I'm happy so far, look sweet to me...  Wishing he had a basket of apples, but I vow I'll get that for him myself (thinkin' dollhouse store or something on that).

-McLuke...  Very cool, very fem...  I've been loving the McFigures all year and they really are just outstanding sculpts and articulation to boot for the most part.  Very happy with shim.

-Yoda w/Kybuck...  LOVE IT!  Fantastic realiistic style sculpting, the Kybuck looks to have some articulation, love the hood/cloak...  Perfect looking.

-Ani w/Tats...  Again, loving it.  Hasbro's kicking ass with CW stuff so much that I'm just simply that much more pumped to see the NEW CW toon and what Hasbro does to accompany it.

-Roron...  Lookin' very nicely articulated, love the scowel too because he didn't look anything but pissed off in the toon.  Great sculpting though, and it's nice to have an Ithorian that isn't Momaw now.  May be my favorite of the wave with him.

-Malak/Revan...  I can see Revan customs coming now.  Not to spoil the game for anyone but YOU are Revan in the game, you just don't remember being him till late in the game.  I sorta did my character's look up so he resembled me as best I could, so self-customs using the Revan figure are quite likely...

Malak is just outstanding though.  Two great characters from a great storyline.  Now I'm hoping for just more from the game at some point.  Nice articulation, details, paintjob...  Too much good stuff to take in at once.

-Prevous (pre-Grievous?)...  Not something high on my list, yet I still gladly will take something this "odd" and unique.  Easy to slip into a Cantina, but also nice to stand with your favorite Grievous figure on the display shelf...  Now all we need is a good to-scale movie Grievous to accompany him.

-3P0 w/ear-hump Salacious...  Very nice again, and finally looks like a Crumb that might not melt over time.  Will his eye go into his socket?  Will he have articulation like the throne 3PO or the ROTS 3PO (hard to tell from the photo but I'm almost leaning towards ROTS 3PO).  Not a figure I had a huge demand for, but as 3PO's go it's one of the only routes left to take the character so I'm happy with it.

Figure overload for sure...  Is C4 ruined now thanks to EE?  :)  Who gives a ****?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2007, 06:27 PM »
I have an action figure erection...  B:::::::::ID

-Hermi Odle...  Friggin' sweet and about time.  Can't tell scale but he's actually not huge/towering as much as he is broad/round.  I think the way the image from EE is photoshopped though makes it much more difficult to tell scale.  I'm happy so far, look sweet to me...  Wishing he had a basket of apples, but I vow I'll get that for him myself (thinkin' dollhouse store or something on that).

-McLuke...  Very cool, very fem...  I've been loving the McFigures all year and they really are just outstanding sculpts and articulation to boot for the most part.  Very happy with shim.

-Yoda w/Kybuck...  LOVE IT!  Fantastic realiistic style sculpting, the Kybuck looks to have some articulation, love the hood/cloak...  Perfect looking.

-Ani w/Tats...  Again, loving it.  Hasbro's kicking ass with CW stuff so much that I'm just simply that much more pumped to see the NEW CW toon and what Hasbro does to accompany it.

-Roron...  Lookin' very nicely articulated, love the scowel too because he didn't look anything but pissed off in the toon.  Great sculpting though, and it's nice to have an Ithorian that isn't Momaw now.  May be my favorite of the wave with him.

-Malak/Revan...  I can see Revan customs coming now.  Not to spoil the game for anyone but YOU are Revan in the game, you just don't remember being him till late in the game.  I sorta did my character's look up so he resembled me as best I could, so self-customs using the Revan figure are quite likely...

Malak is just outstanding though.  Two great characters from a great storyline.  Now I'm hoping for just more from the game at some point.  Nice articulation, details, paintjob...  Too much good stuff to take in at once.

-Prevous (pre-Grievous?)...  Not something high on my list, yet I still gladly will take something this "odd" and unique.  Easy to slip into a Cantina, but also nice to stand with your favorite Grievous figure on the display shelf...  Now all we need is a good to-scale movie Grievous to accompany him.

-3P0 w/ear-hump Salacious...  Very nice again, and finally looks like a Crumb that might not melt over time.  Will his eye go into his socket?  Will he have articulation like the throne 3PO or the ROTS 3PO (hard to tell from the photo but I'm almost leaning towards ROTS 3PO).  Not a figure I had a huge demand for, but as 3PO's go it's one of the only routes left to take the character so I'm happy with it.

Figure overload for sure...  Is C4 ruined now thanks to EE?  :)  Who gives a ****?

So eloquently put Jesse, ha ha.

I too have an action figure errection.

This is an excellent wave. I'll buy each one. Jesse, I thought about the possibility for customs as well with the Revan, but more from Commando type standpoint (Mandolorian) rather than game character.

I agree with pretty much everythign you said, with exception to Anakin maybe. I'm not so excited for that figure. I'll paint the pants the right color, then maybe I'll appreciate it more.

Still, I'd say Hasbro scores a home run with this wave. There's certainly something for everyone here. OT, EU, CW, Prequel. Good Job Hasbro!

Strangely enough, I think I'll probably buy several Kybucks. Might be neat to see several in a diorama. Of what I'm not sure yet. Maybe racing similar to horse racing? I wouldn't just have them grazing in a pasture as that's a bit too boring for a diorama. I just want something different. (So if you see someone else do a Kybuck racing diorama, just remember where you hard it first, ha ha.)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2007, 07:07 PM »
This wave looks like the cat's pajamas.

I'm generally not into EU, but if they make it to this quality level and avoid the fluorescent paints, I'm a-okay with it. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 07:13 PM by Rob »