Author Topic: 30AC Wave 5 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122276 times)

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 5 - Expanded Universe
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2007, 08:16 PM »
i think malak looks funny i would like it if his face to not be as pale his face wasn't that pale
hermie odle is too cartoonish and kinda dumb making yet ANOTHER stormtrooper
I suck.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2007, 08:54 PM »
Best figure of the wave hands down goes to Yoda & Kybuck.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2007, 09:07 PM »
Best figure of the wave hands down goes to Yoda & Kybuck.

I have to disagree. Although theyre pretty cool, my vote goes to Roron Corobb.

Ya know after looking closer, I think I spoke too soon when I said they are 'all great' and 'its the best wave ever', because Hermi Odle and Darth Malak concern me after looking closer, they really do. I will be really looking forward to seeing these a lot closer from JD's CIV coverage.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2007, 09:07 PM »
Of all of them I am still the most excited to get Hermi Odle.  Just because I have wanted a figure of it for quite awhile.  Especially after they made Ephant Mon.  That will almost complete the Jabba diorama for me really.  I will be happy whatever else they release in the Jabba's palace but that's a big one in my book.  

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2007, 09:13 PM »
The Malaks head looks too small,or the metal jaw too big.Overall looks like a great set!!!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2007, 11:17 PM »
Hermi!  Hermi!   ;D  Love him.  And Roron, too.  This wave has a lot of figs I've been waiting for - and a lot I never cared about.  KOTOR guys and Tatoo Anakin, I'm talking about you.  Getting everyone but the game dudes.  The McLeia/Luke is fantastic, but this really should have been the C4 exclusive, not the breath mask Luke we all want to accompany our McVader's.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2007, 12:52 AM »
Hermi is awesome and so is Yoda  :).  Getting all but the game guys. I might order this wave ?

McLuke/Leia is awesome but I wanted the mask Luke to come on the card and could live with McLuke/Leia on the C4 Exclusive.

The McQuarrie figs are becoming an pain in the neck, I probably have to spent about 50 dollars just to get 1 x Mc3PO & McR2. and 1 X Mask Luke UGH  >:(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2007, 09:09 AM »
Wow, this was a nice surprise to see this image pop up over the weekend.  Hopefully we'll get a look at Wave 6 (or beyond) at C4 still this week.  Anyways, I think this wave overall looks great.  Hermi and 3PO/Salicious Crumb are of course welcome.  I'm really looking forward to those.  The Clone Wars figures might be my favorite of the wave though.  The Kybuck with Yoda is so cool, and something I always enjoyed from the toon.  I was looking forward to a Roron Corobb figure, and its nice to see it isn't just a Momaw Nadon rehash, and looks to be a great figure.  Even the Anakin with tats looks pretty nice, and like Jesse mentioned, seeing these figures makes me look forward to the new Clone Wars series even more.

I didn't really have any expectations for the pre-Grievous figure, but I have to say, it looks pretty nice.  I don't care much about the video game figures, but those two look pretty nice too, and I'll probably pick them up.  Another McQuarrie figure is always welcome too - overall the wave just looks nice.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2007, 09:31 AM »
Awesome wave! I'll get Girl Luke.

Ohhhhh, that's what the figure is. :P I seriously didn't know. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2007, 09:48 AM »
I wonder if Hermi will be as hard to find as Ephant Mon was.  To date, Ephant is still one of the only figures I have never found in a store.  I got mine off of E-bay.  I always suspected that they made him in lesser numbers because so much more plastic was involved for the same price as other figures.  I'm assuming the same will be true of Hermi.   ???
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2007, 09:51 AM »
I always suspected that they made him in lesser numbers because so much more plastic was involved for the same price as other figures.  I'm assuming the same will be true of Hermi.   ???

You're spot on. But they also mentioned something about Ephont catching them off guard, so it was produced in lower numbers by default. I don't see the same thing happening with Hermie since Hasbro has greatly improved the way they distribute toys since the days of Ephon Mon.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2007, 10:10 AM »
This wave is just incredible. I love that Salacious Crumb has some articulation. Yoda with the Kybuck is a suprising hit, probably one of the best figures in the wave. They are all great. Pre-Grievous was not what i was expecting, but happy they included the mask. Great wave, best of the year so far.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2007, 10:34 AM »
Just looking at the pics again, and although you can't tell anything of size/scale from these, I would think that the Yoda w/Kybuck combo (as well as Hermi) are really going to be packed in those bubbles.  Its hard to see how Hasbro could sell us a little Yoda by himself for the same price after this (but they will).

Looking at the first five waves that we have seen now, as well as the vintage assortment and the battle packs/etc., this is really shaping up to be a great year for Star Wars collecting, IMO.  Sure, the McQuarrie figures have been a bit of a pain for many, and there's always the price/distribution issues, but looking at the quality of figures and the fact that we're getting more "new/much requested" characters, it just seems like a pretty good collection so far.

Offline poddie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2007, 03:22 PM »
This wave looks incredible to me... hard to find anything to complain about here.

My only complaint would be in agreeing with the previous poster about swivel elbows... I really do hate them.

Keep it up Hasbro, and NO MORE EXCLUSIVES!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2007, 04:43 PM »
Looking at McLuke/Leia she might make a pretty good "rebel" female if one were able to find enough to make a squad or so, just change up the heads and ditch the saber.  Can't wait for this, it's been the ultimate year for Star Wars figs in my opinion, now if we can only get the Endoboo wave out of the stores we might actually see some of this stuff.  ::)
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge