Author Topic: Previews Exclusive Battlefront 2 Multipacks  (Read 11487 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Previews Exclusive Battlefront 2 Multipacks
« Reply #30 on: November 2, 2007, 11:28 AM »
www.dnstoys.com is where I ordered my set...

Code: 74633
Price: $61.99

Not a bad price compared to what I've seen other places charging. 

For whatever reason I'm liking the looks of this set a little more now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2007, 11:56 AM »
Just got my shipping notification from NFC.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2007, 12:05 PM »
Got my notice from D&S on Monday... hoping they're delivered today.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: December 4, 2007, 10:43 PM »
I got my sets from New Force today. :)

I have to say that the Clone box is pretty sweet.  Some nice sculpts (Airborne, Marine, RotS Evo, #41), combined with some nice paint jobs (2x 501st, 5th Fleet) and some new parts (new Clone Engineer head, new weapons).  It's a great deal for the $31 I paid for it.

It's a bummer though that the RotS Evo sculpt 501st figure is stuck in here because he's a figure very deserving of a Legends-esque re-release for army building purposes.  I hope we see him again down the line...  same with the 501st Jet Pack trooper.  I know the sculpt isn't the greatest, but his new 501st paint deco, jetpack and blaster are pretty cool looking.

The Droid set is fine.  Some nice repaints, but nothing really "wow" packed in there.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #34 on: December 5, 2007, 03:30 PM »
I have to say at first I regretted ordering these but the clone pack is actually pretty good. It has some new offerings like 2 new headsculpts, 3 new weapons & a new jetpack. I really love the Jetpack troopers new head sculpt, I wish it was on the other clones.

The Droid pack is really, really bad. The only figure that is worth getting is the Gonk droid. Had the BD's been the more articulated #17 ROTS style  & the TAC SBD sculpt, that really would have helped this very lacking set. But they give you the Legends cheapo sculpts. :(

Battlefront stands do not make up squat. Skimpers!
« Last Edit: December 5, 2007, 04:27 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: December 5, 2007, 03:41 PM »
I really love the Jetpack troopers new head sculpt, I wish it was on the other clones.

Huh, when I looked at mine last night, I didn't notice that he had a new head.  Interesting they would do that.  It's a definite improvement, especially the very top of the helmet and the lens area.  I hope it does show up on some other clones in the future as well...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 5, 2007, 04:15 PM »
Up close pics would be nice, please.

It might make me decide to buy this set afterall.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 5, 2007, 04:27 PM »
So they used the ROTS Evolutions Clone for the standard 501st Clone?  That's a surprise.  I had actually been expecting another AT-TE Tank Gunner repaint, but with this development I may actually buy two or three of the Clone packs now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #38 on: December 5, 2007, 04:30 PM »
Huh, when I looked at mine last night, I didn't notice that he had a new head.  Interesting they would do that.  It's a definite improvement, especially the very top of the helmet and the lens area.  I hope it does show up on some other clones in the future as well...

When you get home take a close look. You will see a big difference on the top of the helmet and overall shape.

Sal, since you are a mega army builder if I were you I would get the Troopers but pass on the Droids. However, I have a feeling that these will go on sale like the briefing room sets if you wait.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 5, 2007, 06:02 PM »

When you get home take a close look. You will see a big difference on the top of the helmet and overall shape.

Sal, since you are a mega army builder if I were you I would get the Troopers but pass on the Droids. However, I have a feeling that these will go on sale like the briefing room sets if you wait.

Can you get just the clone set though? I thought you had to buy both sets at the same time.

I am holding out on this one hoping for a clearance. If it never happens I won't lose sleep. However pics would help me make a more definitive decision...

Sadly, I've "semi-retired" from the mega army building with only one trooper left to build-that being the correct Kashyyyk Clone. (I may still army build the SA 501st clone if he is indeed ever released on card.)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 7, 2007, 09:14 AM »
Popped these guys open last night. I knew the droid set would be a let down and it sure didn't disappoint sadly.
I know I'm not stating anything new, but bad choice of bodies all the way around, sadly, the Power droid, or ammunition droid in this case, is the bet piece in the bunch.

The other set is pretty fun. I appreciate the new head sculpt on the engineering clone and the waist articulation on the 501st.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."