Author Topic: Kubrick Newbies - Questions and Advice  (Read 97991 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Kubrick Newbies - Questions and Advice
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2008, 08:15 AM »
I would just try the general trades section
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2009, 11:43 PM »
Okay, so I don't consider myself to be a Kurick noob exactly, but definitely not the hard core collector that most of the Kubie fans here at JD are.  I have picked up pretty much all of the "basic" regular series figures at this point and was thinking of trying to track down some of the harder to find chases. 

I checked out Evilbay, but ran into two issues: #1 - I can't tell what's real and what's a fake.  Seems like figures like a Han Stormtrooper might be pretty easy to fake.  #2 - there really isn't much of the older stuff out there right now.  Anyone know of a good source to buy some of the older chases?  I'm not looking to get the really expensive ones, but items like the Hong Kong Cantina Band Member and Han in Stormtrooper disguise seem like possibilities. 

Lastly, is there a thread dedicated to showing the best deal on future pre-orders?  I'm totally confused on the best way to go about ordering S10 or the upcoming Fett set.  I've pretty much either picked up a box or leftovers from someone else's cases in the past.  Not looking to get a master case myself, but I might be game for picking up a box if anyone needs someone to split costs. 

Thanks in advance for the advice!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2009, 12:02 AM »
It is always great to see someone else catch the brick-itch, or get a worse case of it! I'lll be glad to help, so let's chat at the next MN get together!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2009, 01:32 AM »
I checked out Evilbay, but ran into two issues: #1 - I can't tell what's real and what's a fake.

Just ask!  That's one of the reasons there is the eBay Kubrick Scams and Fakes thread.  Most fakes that folks spot get posted in there, also names of some known "fakers" too.  If you see something and don't know if it's legit, just post and someone will be able to help.

#2 - there really isn't much of the older stuff out there right now.  Anyone know of a good source to buy some of the older chases? 

In the USA, it's mainly eBay and/or forum classifieds.  It is sort of dry, but if he pattern holds true (and it usually does), when Series 10 is officially released, most sellers try to do a little house-cleaning at the same time.  They know folks will be searching for S10, so they throw older stuff out there for folks like yourself that may be looking to back-fill.

In addition, you might try some of the Japanese importer sites like Toy Tokyo or Ningyoushi.  Places like that sometimes have older stock, but usually chases are a bit spendier that route.

Lastly, is there a thread dedicated to showing the best deal on future pre-orders?  I'm totally confused on the best way to go about ordering S10 or the upcoming Fett set.  I've pretty much either picked up a box or leftovers from someone else's cases in the past.  Not looking to get a master case myself, but I might be game for picking up a box if anyone needs someone to split costs. 

If folks stumble across good deals, they usually post in the thread for that series.  I've sort of lost track of which site that is still taking orders at this point is the best deal right now.  I think HLJ had a decent price and some "National Console Exchange" place (don't recall the link right now) was also decent, but I'm not sure if either place is still taking orders for S-10 or S-Fett anymore.  Maybe Dale can chime in with the best deals at the moment...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2009, 01:45 AM »
I checked out Evilbay, but ran into two issues: #1 - I can't tell what's real and what's a fake.  Seems like figures like a Han Stormtrooper might be pretty easy to fake.  #2 - there really isn't much of the older stuff out there right now.  Anyone know of a good source to buy some of the older chases?  I'm not looking to get the really expensive ones, but items like the Hong Kong Cantina Band Member and Han in Stormtrooper disguise seem like possibilities. 

1st of all, Welcome to the Kuby asylum.   :D  Yeah, crackbricks they are known as. Once you get 1, you're hooked.  ;D

The only known Kuby fake that has ever cropped up thus far is the Logray chase. Tho I have never seen one inhand, reports in the past had discrepancies from the original.

As for the Han Stormtrooper, none that I know of have been faked tho it is quite possible but to me not worth the effort for a low end chase.

One other that is not faked but can be pond off as a chase is the carded Fett from the Bounty Hunters - Individually carded set . Remember, both are the same. I have suspected that this has happened ripping the Fett off the card & selling him as a chase. I saw too many Bounty Hunter card sets being offered on the bay without the carded Fett.

Lastly, is there a thread dedicated to showing the best deal on future pre-orders?  I'm totally confused on the best way to go about ordering S10 or the upcoming Fett set.  I've pretty much either picked up a box or leftovers from someone else's cases in the past.  Not looking to get a master case myself, but I might be game for picking up a box if anyone needs someone to split costs

Sorry, no individual thread dedicated for that. We mostly post what we know/find in the threads that are partained to Kuby sreis & what not in question. Best to have a read up on the threads of the newer stuff coming out. I'm sure you'll find the
information but I will have to check. Some places stopped taking orders as not to over order & have cancelled preorders due to not getting the allotment.

To find older chase figures at a site online, I would have to check into that. I don't know as I really don't look for them.

Edit: I just saw Jeff's response but no way in hell I am editing this. LOL!  :P

Link for National Console Support (NCS)

And yes, the best thing you can do is post here or give Jeff, myself or anyother member a PM for advice.  ;)

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2009, 03:29 AM »
Speaking of NCS, does anyone have a link to series 10 on their site? I can't seem to find it.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2009, 03:32 AM »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2009, 03:50 AM »
Star Wars Kubrick Boba Fett Collection

If you can't find Kuby's in the search engine, just go to preorder on the toys listing on the left menu.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2009, 12:12 AM »
Thanks to all for the tips.  I just ordered my series 10 and Fett Collection from National Console - hope they come through!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2009, 12:19 AM »
Hope you & the others get them too Justin.  :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2009, 12:45 AM »
Can anyone tell me if the Jawa (reg version) comes with a blaster?  I thought he did, but can't seem to find mine.  Tonight I saw an auction for one and it looked like he just had the remote, but no blaster as well, which makes me thank maybe I didn't lose what I never had.

Thanks!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2009, 02:57 AM »
Nope, only the vinyl chase Jawa came with a blaster.

Kubrick Jawa

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2009, 03:59 PM »
Nope, only the vinyl chase Jawa came with a blaster.

Whew!  Okay thanks.  At least I won't waste anymore time looking for it.   ::)

Offline THE STAR WARS NERD

• Youngling
  • messa a girly
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2009, 07:15 PM »
 :-[ They are in my collectiors book but ive actualy never been  able to get my hands on one. It makes me sad. That is one of the few things i do not own. But my fav. from what i have seen is of corse leia  ;D
There are a lot of things in this world.........i hope you don't get eaten

Offline THE STAR WARS NERD

• Youngling
  • messa a girly
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2009, 07:34 PM »
Wait i must correct my self i do have kubricks.... there star trek
There are a lot of things in this world.........i hope you don't get eaten