Author Topic: Star Wars "Force Battlers" Figures  (Read 15053 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars "Force Battlers" Figures
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2005, 09:13 AM »
Force Battlers Wave 5 at Hasbro

Wow.   Take a look at this guy:

Obi-Wan Kenobi with samurai armor?  Huh?   ???

Does Japanese Anime have to permeate EVERY kid's toy line these days?  Might as well just call him Super-Hyper-Mega-Obi-Wan-Ranger-Mon!   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2005, 12:01 PM »
I actually like the Force Battlers line, and even I think the Samurai Obi-Wan looks ridiculous.  Hasbro sure is making an effort to jump on the various "cool" bandwagons, between this figure and the Choppers.  ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2005, 01:41 PM »
Although I did pick up the Han and Chewie from this line, I wasn't so sure about the overall line.  There are some that translate well (Vader), and more that don't (any humans).  After seeing where things might be headed with Samurai Obi-Wan, these can just go away.  Go away Force Battlers, go away.  Like Jesse mentioned, it seems like Hasbro is really trying to be trendy with Star Wars this year/next.  I hope that they realize what their core really is, and adjusts their lines accordingly.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2005, 02:58 PM »
Preamble ... I still haven't bought any FBs yet, though I'd like to pick up a few of the prequel ones. :( On most of the figures the stylized sculpts appeal to me. And I even like most of the accessories--a lot of them are silly, but I enjoy seeing new and original accessories instead of boring old guns and such. I think FB is interesting as a "side line" but I definitely wouldn't want them to replace 3.75". Also, they really aren't pegwarming nearly as much as I'd feared. Maybe kids and parents are turning to FB when they can't find 3.75" figures they wanted.

On to Samurobi-Wan ... looks like I'm doubly swimming against the current here (even FB fans hate this guy!). Sure the concept is pretty asinine, but I think he turned out looking cool. :) (Please don't kill me. :-\)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 03:01 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2006, 04:58 PM »
Has anyone seen wave 5 of these hit stores?  It's the one that includes Samurai Obi-Wan, Grievous, Jango and Chewbacca.  I've kinda had a soft spot for this line and am curious if it ever made it to retail, and if so, how long ago.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 04:58 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2006, 05:31 PM »
I saw Samurai Obi-Wan yesterday.

I thought it was a GI-Joe at first.:-X

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2006, 11:14 PM »
We got a case during Christmas time, Jesse.  The last case we got was awful though: 2 Samurai Obi-Wan, 3 Vader, 3 Palpatine. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2006, 10:48 AM »
I don't check these every time I'm out, but I have seen the Samurai Obi-Wan about every time at Target, as well as the "new" Chewbacca.  The Grievous and Jango I think I've seen once, and that was at TRU a month or so back.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2006, 05:55 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.  For those of you that have seen the last series, do you know if the Chewie and Grievous are just repacks?  I'm pretty sure Hasbro had an update about them, but I can't seem to track it down on their website.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2006, 05:58 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.  For those of you that have seen the last series, do you know if the Chewie and Grievous are just repacks?  I'm pretty sure Hasbro had an update about them, but I can't seem to track it down on their website.

On Grievous and Chewie, I think the figures were the same but they came with new doo-dads/accessories.  That was my understanding anyway...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2006, 06:03 PM »

On Grievous and Chewie, I think the figures were the same but they came with new doo-dads/accessories. That was my understanding anyway... :-\

OK, kinda like the second Vader that came out...  Thanks Jeff.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 2, 2007, 08:19 AM »
Ah yes, the Force Battlers. This is one of those lines that I really wish I had never started. I now have the entire 18 figure set sitting on my shelf collecting dust which is currently for sale. The Force Battlers, not the shelf. :P I bought the first four on April 2nd and I never thought that many would be released.

I thought the Grievous and the Jango Fett were cool, but that was about it. The Vader looks more like a concept Vader which is nice, but if I had to do it all over again, I would have left them on the shelf.
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"