Author Topic: 30AC Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 37524 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: 30AC Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 08:42 AM »
Well I'll be damned, I didn't realize the McQ cameo was actually in the film.  I was thinking it was just a CCG card.

I didn't realize that either. Pretty cool if thats the figure sculp we will get, a nice little nod to him.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 09:26 AM »
Ahhh, now I get "Rebel Trooper w/ McQuarrie head sculpt." :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 11:44 AM »
Rune Haako caught that one a couple of months ago when that French Hasbro product list came out.  It's none other than General Pharl McQuarrie.  I guess they couldn't find a way to tuckerize McQuarrie.  ;D
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 01:32 PM »
I just hope it's not Riekken with a new head... hope it's an all new sculpt w/ super articulation.  Would go a long way towards helping me build a good Hoth Rebel army.

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 09:28 AM »
I just hope it's not Riekken with a new head... hope it's an all new sculpt w/ super articulation.  Would go a long way towards helping me build a good Hoth Rebel army.

:P

I feel the same exact way.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 11:53 AM »
This figures is 100% sure to be Bren Derlin Body with new head. think about the low investment it would be. even the photo of Ralph in the movie he is in that outfit.

Does anyone else notice LFM trends. If its Blackhole stormtrooper they liscense it out in every medium possible. McQuarrie is also following this trend with statues and such. No more BH Stormies we are ready to move now.....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2007, 09:58 PM »
VCD one & that's it. I hope Hasbro re-packs the Shadow Stormie in the basic line sometime.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2007, 01:51 PM »
Man, I am loving what I have seen so far of the Han Solo w/Torture rack.  Very cool.  8)

4-LOM looks sweet too!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2007, 02:38 PM »
Yeah, the Han w/torture rack does look pretty sweet.  Looking at the picture of the figure from behind, he appears to have elbow articulation as well, but I can't tell on the knees.  If he does, and doesn't have an "extreme" face sculpt, we might very well get a SA Bespin Han - which I've really been hoping we'd see soon.  The rest of this wave looks great too, its nice to see all these OT figures this year again.

Edit: Just looking at the pics again, and doesn't it look a little like the Lando is re-using maybe the arms and legs from the VOTC figure?  Not that it doesn't work or look good, just an observation.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 02:44 PM by Brian »

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2007, 03:15 PM »
i'm loving lando, the general and 4-lom, the rest not
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 03:34 PM »
Han?  Come on Ishi...  :)

Seriously even if the head's a little messed up, I'm thinking I can find an extra head that's neutral for the (hopefully) nicely articulated overall figure.  The supposed second torso though isn't really visible, so maybe if it's there, there's a neutral head to go with a tortured head?  That's my general fear though is that this figure isn't A) as definitive as I'm hoping (articulation wise), and B) is not neutrally sculpted in either the headsculpt or some other fashion.

Love the torture rack though...  To me it's a good figure regardless, just it has such potential to be a figure you cannot deal without having in your collection.  That's what I'm hoping for.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 03:40 PM »
Seriously even if the head's a little messed up, I'm thinking I can find an extra head that's neutral for the (hopefully) nicely articulated overall figure.  The supposed second torso though isn't really visible, so maybe if it's there, there's a neutral head to go with a tortured head?  That's my general fear though is that this figure isn't A) as definitive as I'm hoping (articulation wise), and B) is not neutrally sculpted in either the headsculpt or some other fashion.

Han deserves getting a good head.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 03:43 PM »
Looking at this pic showing the Han, I think I can make out ball jointed shoulders and elbows, and it looks like there might be an articulation cut across his chest as well (in the shirt).  Hard to say for sure, but it might be shaping up pretty nicely.  Like Jesse said, just displaying the figure with the torture rack itself is really nice, so if we get a SA Han out of it, that's just bonus.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 03:44 PM »
Han deserves getting a good head.

Don't we all.  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2007, 03:46 PM »

Edit: Just looking at the pics again, and doesn't it look a little like the Lando is re-using maybe the arms and legs from the VOTC figure? 

Man, I can't tell:

Seriously, I don't think the arms are from the VOTC - they're too piratey.

I would assume the figure is all new.