Author Topic: Celebration IV Collector's Social Hour  (Read 4622 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Celebration IV Collector's Social Hour
« on: April 20, 2007, 07:08 PM »
Just incase no one has seen this, as posted on RS by Chris Georgoulias.  :)

Celebration 4 Collector's Social Hour

Folks, the Collector's Social is scheduled for Thursday May 24 at 7 PM in the Collecting Panels room.

For those that attended at C3, I think you'll agree that it was a good chance to meet up with everyone early on in the convention. Since we've been pushing the social aspect of these conventions we have a ton of people that are at least familiar with one another by now. This is mainly a chance for new folks to come meet everyone.

We'll be showing off the medallions there as well as general hob-nobbing. We may or may not go around the room with a microphone and get people to introduce themselves.  :D  Unfortunately everyone gets into groups quickly which makes it kinda hard for a new guy to jump in, but to be honest everyone is generally very welcoming.

We'll have name tags (name/forum ID) and I urge people to write legibly so that others may identify you. This event is more of an opportunity for the new people to introduce themselves, rather than a place for people who already know each other to talk. It's up to you to make the effort to make contact rather than sit back and wait for people to approach you. Leave any shyness you may have at home for the weekend and you'll be fine.  :D

Thursday is the fan club only admission day. Initially we thought we could bypass that, but that's not the case. So what I need to know is who could not otherwise get into the building but still wants to attend. If you are definitely going to the Social and meet this criteria please drop me an email.

If you have a fan club lanyard or something other than a standard day/weekend pass you should be fine for getting into the building so there's no need to email me.

See you guys then!

-chris
--------------------
The Star Wars Collectors Archive
www.theswca.com
chris@toysrgus.com

This will be a good opportunity to meet various collectors from all over the place. If you get a chance, drop on in.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration IV Collector's Social Hour
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 12:09 AM »
Jeez, too bad I'm not going.  It'd be interesting to see how many folks would like to take a swing at me. :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JedioftheNorth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 02:02 PM »
I'm in DSJ you mentioned a badge with your forum name where would I get one of those?.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 06:28 PM »
We had some made up with the JD name on them for C3, gotta find out where the hell I put it. As for the badge with your forum name, check the Celebration 4 thread at RS as they have them. Deadline is April 30th.  :P