Author Topic: Celebration IV JD Gathering! When?  (Read 21764 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration IV JD Hooters Gathering! When?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 08:14 PM »
Master Phruby and I were talking and are thinking that Hard Rock would be easier parking wise, and a lot safer.

So if that's cool with everone, what night works out better for everyone? Friday or Saturday? I was thinking we can meet at a landmark outside of the convention center at 7:30pm and then car pool to Universal City.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 08:26 PM »
Friday works better for me since I'm going to that Conversation with Carrie Fisher on Saturday.  If Saturday is better for most I could leave early to get back to the con.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 09:30 PM »
Saturday works better for me, have to go to a wedding rehearsal Friday night.  We could meet at the Magic Statue on the NW side of Staples.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 11:51 PM »
Saturday would be better for me, too much to do Friday night.  ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 05:00 AM »
Yeah, I was wondering if anyone was going to that Carrie Fisher talk.  Sounds like Tom is.  Roger, are you?  I have a feeling you might be as well...  What about Beth, Josh, Bill, etc.?  You guys have any plans those nights?

I was also thinking something quick and easy (for any night really) might be the Fox Sports bar right there in the Staples Center, just outside of the Convention Center.  I've only ever been in there when we've gone to Lakers games though.  Does anyone know if that place is always open, or is it only open on game nights?  That'd be a good spot for any of the other nights, for sure, if it was open...

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration IV JD Gathering! When?
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 05:57 AM »
I just made arrangements to head home Sunday night instead of Saturday night, so now either Friday night or Saturday night works for me.  I'm not going to the Carrie Fisher talk, and I really have no plans after hours any night.  I won't have transportation though, so if it's somewhere "off-site" I'd need a ride, but any place is fine with me, provided the temperature inside is under 100°.  ;)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 09:36 AM »
Friday night would be bad too for a lot of people, I think,  since the opening Ceremonies are at 7:30-9 (or somewhere around there). 

was also thinking something quick and easy (for any night really) might be the Fox Sports bar right there in the Staples Center, just outside of the Convention Center.  I've only ever been in there when we've gone to Lakers games though.  Does anyone know if that place is always open, or is it only open on game nights?  That'd be a good spot for any of the other nights, for sure, if it was open...

I have heard that it open only during Staple events which there is none those two nights.  Worst case scenario I would have to leave early if we get together  Saturday night.

Any other possible days that we could meet? 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 10:11 AM »
You guys are all invited to come and hang out at the Ultimate Group Project booth. Heck, if anyone wants to booth sit, we still have slots. You could hand out stickers and help run the raffle. I'm not sure if the naked dancing twi'liks have been booked yet.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 01:37 PM »
FEI (For Everyone's Information,) we can make a reservation, on-line, at any time for Hardrock.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 01:54 PM »
I was also thinking something quick and easy (for any night really) might be the Fox Sports bar right there in the Staples Center, just outside of the Convention Center. 
Is that different than the Gordon Biersch bar/pub I saw someone mention on RS?

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2007, 02:11 PM »
Is that different than the Gordon Biersch bar/pub I saw someone mention on RS?

I believe it's just a bar with no food.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2007, 02:15 PM »
Yeah, pretty sure it's a different place, Rog'.  No idea where that place is that you mentioned, but I'm open to finding multiple spots to hang out at right nearby, if possible, since the Con will be 5 days long.

Good to hear Hard Rock takes reservations.  Maybe we should give it another day or two to figure out just how many folks might be interested in going.  So far, it sounds like these folks are in:

JediMAC
Darth Anton
Master Phruby
Jay Double
mousedroid
DSJ
Ryan

DarkKnight, how 'bout you?  Still waiting to hear from Beth, Josh, Bill, etc., so hopefully they can swing by as well.  I think we should have at least a couple cars, maybe more, to carpool over in, hopefully.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 02:30 PM »
We could always try The Pantry. 

Menu

If we go there, they only accept cash.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 02:34 PM by JayDouble »

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 03:13 PM »
Sorry, I haven't been checking this thread this week, but yeah...I'm going to the Carrie Fisher thing.  I think that's the only night this week I have plans for sure.

I definitely want to hang out with you guys though...>I will be checking in.  Matt, you have my cell if needed.  ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 08:55 PM »
I'm pretty flexible. I think that other than during the opening ceremonies (7:30-9 Friday), I'm pretty open to everything. :)
"This is the way."