Author Topic: It's Almost May and Saga2 is Still Being Restocked In Place of 30AC  (Read 43968 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
I am glad to see how this thread I started blossomed. I have been going on so many Toy runs in IL and NJ and knockers the same story Saga2 keeps on truck'n! I have helped Hasbro out myh custom biz but this is ridiculous over 5 months in the year and its the same story. they have some serious explaining to do because they have really hurt the momentum SW had in the toy aisle. I am so glad I have been ordering online because this really sucks, even online retailers are suffering.

I want new ****! and like now!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
How ironic.

The year I quit online ordering, I can't find anything in the stores.  But yes, it does boggle the mind why Hasbro would want to produce old TSC figures this late in the game....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
We're swimming in TSC stuff right now.  One TRU I visit has very few 30AC but multiple pegs filled with just one Clone, the Engineer...  Weird store.  Why just this one Clone is there en masse, I have no idea.  He's not even a bad figure, he's just filling the pegs at this one store.

Every WM is filled with TSC though from the first wave through the last...  It's insane.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
We're swimming in TSC stuff right now.  One TRU I visit has very few 30AC but multiple pegs filled with just one Clone, the Engineer...  Weird store.  Why just this one Clone is there en masse, I have no idea.  He's not even a bad figure, he's just filling the pegs at this one store.

Sounds like a scalper or hoarder return of some kind.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
I dunno, everything else is gone...  Even crummy figures, and this one's not too bad.  If he did do a return, he picked an odd figure to return while everything else sold.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
It almost seems to be getting worse here.  Wal-Mart still is just packed with TSC stuff, as it has been since last year.  No sign of TAC basic figures, and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.  They have a lot of TSC stock to get through.  Target did have a nice mix of the two lines (although the TAC figures were mainly Obi-Wan and R2), but now even their TAC pegs are starting to get taken over by TSC figures (and ones that weren't there before).  TRU is in the same situation, usually just a couple TAC figures (Obi-Wan and R2), and TSC stuff (especially Jerjerrod).  Also, for all of the TSC figures hanging at the three main stores, I don't think hardly any of them are "Final 22" figures, but earlier stuff for the most part.

If it wasn't for some online orders (BBTS and HTS), I wouldn't be even close to caught up with things.  Funny thing is, the only Wave 2 figure I've seen at retail at all here is the lone McQuarrie Fett I ran across a couple of weeks ago.  Weird.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
I'm tellin' ya all of the sudden in a lot of areas like mine, Jesse's, Brian's, even in July, you're going to see a mass shelf stocking of Waves 1 and 2 even, along with 3 and 4 sprinkled in.  I've noticed for a while that while the wave of the moment is decently stocked in some stores, the majority of stores really put that wave out in force up to 3 months after it's initially released.

They're stocking the Appo wave like mad here right now.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
I don't get it Dress? Are saying in a month or two you'll be seeing alot of wave 8,9 Saga(final 22). Your post looks confusing with wave 1,2,3,4 on there-those cases stopped distributing;however some figs from those cases are redistributed in the wave 7,8 cases hitting the stores now.

Those damned wave 8 rev?(whatever rev it is at that time) cases are still coming en masse to our local stores right now. I can't wait until we're done with this-however, then the next pegwarming line will hit the 'Legends-Hasbro-make-a-buck-off-you line.'

DS   
« Last Edit: May 8, 2007, 04:43 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
I don't get it Dress? Are saying in a month or two you'll be seeing alot of wave 8,9 Saga(final 22). Your post looks confusing with wave 1,2,3,4 on there-those cases stopped distributing;however some figs from those cases are redistributed in the wave 7,8 cases hitting the stores now.

DS   

Maybe it was confusing I just woke up from a nap  :)

What I was saying was that I think that 30AC waves 1 and 2, which some people are having trouble finding right now, will be stocked on pegs even 3 months from now.  Even as people are out looking for Waves 3 and 4, I think waves 1 and 2 will be reaching plentiful levels.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
So I have an hour yto kill today and check out a Wal-Mart in the area (that's only been open for 2 months) and all I find is stuff from the HOTH AND CORUSCANT WAVES. How the **** did those get here? However, said WM also had the new Titaniums, Sith Infiltrator, and the V-Wing (which I stashed for purchase later).

It was a relief to not see any Jerjerrods or Ewok Throne 3POs but crimany, I haven't seen new 30AC stuff in months. Getting VERY sick of TSC...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
So I have an hour yto kill today and check out a Wal-Mart in the area (that's only been open for 2 months) and all I find is stuff from the HOTH AND CORUSCANT WAVES. How the **** did those get here? However, said WM also had the new Titaniums, Sith Infiltrator, and the V-Wing (which I stashed for purchase later).

It was a relief to not see any Jerjerrods or Ewok Throne 3POs but crimany, I haven't seen new 30AC stuff in months. Getting VERY sick of TSC...

Yeah I've been seeing that too it's a revision Wave 8 and Appo is in there with Veers, AT-AT Driver, SG Obi Wan, Sora Bulq, 3-P0 battle droid head and a few others.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
I hit my local Wal-Mart at the right time, intresting sight too. They got 8 case of SW figures in. 5 were the saga revision cases of wave 9 and mish-mosh cases with too many saga2 figures to list. They had 3 cases of TAC. Wave 1 & 2 plus a revision case with 1&2 combined. The new revision case has 1 MQ Stormtrooper and Boba which is great. One of the cases was pillaged and re tapped so it was a stock guy but I managed to snag 4 DS Troopers, 2 Honor Guards, x2 MQ Stormie's, x2 MQ Bobas. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come and the last of the Saga2 is shipped. This is the most TAC I have ever scene in one location. :D

I started this thread but I now have some hope that we see the light at the end of the toy aisle.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Our local Target was about the only store in town that was even stocking the TAC line (TRU a little too, but not much), but I've noticed this week that they have even sold out of all the Obi-Wans and R2s they had hanging on the pegs.  There is now nothing but TSC figures on the pegs at all of the "Big 3" in town - WM, Target, and TRU.  Hopefully that won't continue for too long.  I don't always check closely which figures are stocked, but it doesn't seem as if they are selling much at all (the TSC figures, that is).

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
When/if these Saga waves go on sale (at least the ones at Target), I'm good for half a dozen or more figures.  They have a couple DS Gunners, AT-AT Drivers, and I can always use another articulated knee 3-PO or Jerjerrod to convert to another Imperial.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
I found what I think were the remnants of a single case...  Still not getting the big shipments around here but hopefully soon they'll quit with the Saga stuff and move onto 30AC.