Author Topic: It's Almost May and Saga2 is Still Being Restocked In Place of 30AC  (Read 43977 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
I found what I think were the remnants of a single case...  Still not getting the big shipments around here but hopefully soon they'll quit with the Saga stuff and move onto 30AC.

You'd think so wouldn't you? My WM seemed to be headed down a similar trail, they still had close to 50 or 60 TSC figures compared to about half a dozen to dozen 30AC Wave 1 remnants. I went in the other night and the 30AC number had shrunk but there were about 30 more TSC figures... I can't remember the last time I found anything there, and that was the place I could hit on midnight runs. One year ago this time I was finding everything there, and in decent numbers too. Over the last few months that store has been completely worthless. The local TRU has given me better luck...
"This is the way."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
The local Target, who never fails to amaze me in their stocking habits, did the most asinine thing I believe they've done in a months in the SW action figure aisle (actually stocking isn't the most asinine thing, since they rarely do that at all anymore):

One of the two pegs devoted to the 30AC figures was removed, leaving three Obi-Wans and three R2s on the single peg, the eight pegs above devoted to TSC were restocked with the Endboo stuff, and the old second 30AC peg was replaced with YET ANOTHER PEG of SW Transformers.  Because, you know, they're selling so well.   ::)

I don't know what's worse:  Wal-Mart's armada o'Jerjerrods or Target stocking in reverse.  :P

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
You know, I wish I could find the Podracer 2-pack... I just decided I'd like one.... now I can't find them.  :-\

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
I ended up calling my new WI local Target to see if they had any TAC figures in and the sales associate didn't even know what the figures were...  At least you guys are seeing them.  Looks like I'm going to have to wait until July or so to start seeing them here...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Keep checking Hasbro Toy Shop...

:P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I hit all of our local stores over the weekend, and all three (TRU, Target, and WM) are pretty stuffed with TSC figures now.  Target has started stocking TSC stuff on the TAC pegs now as well, and it looks to be older stuff (Grievous, Death Star Gunners, etc.).  I went ahead and ordered the extra DSTs I wanted from Hasbro Toy Shop, because it doesn't look like TAC will be showing anytime soon around here.  I think I'm set until Wave 3 starts to hit, so its no big deal, but honestly without the combo of HTS and BBTS, I'd be looking for a lot of stuff still at this point.  With the gas prices what they are, and now this stocking issue, ordering things online is becoming a lot more appealing.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
There's been an aweful lot of TAC activity at Target around here this week, so I decided to check in at WM. To my... confusement... I found 10 cases of last years final 5 waiting to be stocked.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
I'm seeing dribs and drabs of the final 5 as well Anthony, but lately either TSC's done shipping around me or it's just drying up a slight bit during a TSC shipment lull...  30AC's still shipping like crap though, and nowhere to be found for the most part.  Case here, case there, nothing more.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Clones

• Youngling
  • Not your average clone
    • View Profile
TSC still here!
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2007, 04:34 PM »
Hey all,

I've been very annoyed lately to find that most stores still have a lot of TSC nleaving no room for TAC figures.  >:(

What's worse is the fact that it is June and TAC was released almost 4 months ago. What's up with that? I'm not sure if it's just NJ that's being affected, I know Baltimore, MD must be having these same problems, I was down there a couple weeks ago and I only found one or two pegs of TAC and they were just pegwarmers. The rest was TSC. Personally, I think the delay of TAC's release threw sonme things off balance.

Is this happening in your area?
-Clones-

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TSC still here!
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2007, 04:43 PM »
up here in Canada it been fairly decent. i dont see much TSC anymore unless its at TRU, but even then all they have been stocking is TAC. and TAC still has a good 8 or 9 pegs all to itself.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2007, 07:42 PM »
4 of the Targets I went to yesterday had FRESH saga stock on the shelves.  Commander Appos, Elite Corps...  lots of it.

Definitely obnoxious.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 10:28 AM by Rob »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2007, 09:50 AM »
I've noticed the same thing as Rob.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
I like finally seeing the army builders I could never find last year out en masse. At least theres still some TAC around in my area. In SJ it is definitely starting to even out.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Maybe the title should be changed now. How bout "It's Almost JULY?"  :-\

I'll vouch for Jesse and say that it's probably worse on my side of the city. One WalMart I frequent has about 30 TSC figures, ALL Endor 3-P0s and Vaders. The only TAC they have are about 10 Obis and R2s.

I haven't even seen all of Wave 2 on the pegs, not a single McTrooper or Fett, not one figure of Wave 3, etc.

Maybe I just hit the stores at the wrong time, but I swear most are still getting TSC as their main SW product. It's incredibly annoying. I think a year and a half is long enough.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Why doesn't this stuff ever get clearanced out?

It's very rare that I see anything marked down.