Author Topic: A Conversation with Carrie Fisher  (Read 5148 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
A Conversation with Carrie Fisher
« on: April 26, 2007, 03:15 PM »
Anyone else planning on seeing this event I tried to buy tickets but it came up that I hadn't purchased a C4 pass yet ( which I have) so I have to wait and find out what's up with that first.  Sucks that we have to pay for another event/panel through since we already spent $110 on a pass.

Title: A Conversation with Carrie Fisher

Event Description: Join actress Carrie Fisher for an intimate evening exclusively for fans at Star Wars Celebration IV. Fisher, who portrayed the beloved Princess Leia in the original Star Wars trilogy, will share memories and anecdotes from her experiences with Star Wars, in stories told as only Carrie Fisher can tell them. Fans of the Star Wars movies, and fans of Fisher’s work in the movie, television, and publishing arenas, will not want to miss this opportunity to hear from one of the actors who has been part of the Star Wars story since the beginning.

Event Start Date: 5/26/07 9:00 PM
Event End Date: 5/26/07 9:45 PM
Event Cost: $15.00

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: A Conversation with Carrie Fisher
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 05:02 PM »
I thought about it but then realized to get a good seat I would have to stand in line for an hour or two....no thanks.

I forked out more for her autograph so I don't think $15.00 is that bad but you'd like to think your pass would get you into these type of events for free!
Beth

Offline JedioftheNorth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 05:35 PM »
Got my ticket and not too concerned where I sit as they most likely will have the jumbo screens again like they did for C3.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 05:45 PM »
It's kinda sad that they're charging for this when they had the same thing at Comic-Con a few years ago and it was free. Way to take advantage of the fans.  ::)
I remember my dream now.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 10:11 PM »
Sheesh, they didn't charge people to see Lucas at CIII, it's pretty cheesy they're charging for this.  However, it might be pretty interesting because I think she's quite the character.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #5 on: May 5, 2007, 03:58 AM »
I booked this when I thought it was a smaller event (maybe like the fan club breakfasts) but later found out how huge it is.

I'll be there, but don't think I'll be easy to find in a crowd of 2 thousand.  ;D
Got Clones?

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 7, 2007, 03:00 PM »
They consider an audience numbering in the thousands "intimate".

I'd be torn on paying to go to this because it could be entertaining, but $15 for 45 minutes with 2000 other fans is a little steep.  Fortunately I don't have to make that decision because I'll already be on my way home by the time this starts.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #7 on: May 7, 2007, 11:05 PM »
Not exactly intimate is and understatement .

But we all agree that she is a character.  With that alone I think the $15 is a okay . A drop in the bucket considering what we will be spending out there .

It's only 45 minutes so it shouldn't be too bad to deal with.