With only 22 days until setup day (boy that came up out of nowhere...) I think it is time we start to publically discuss our setup (and takedown) strategy.
First off who exactly is our crew? I know we have:
Is anyone else going to be availible or is four people going to be enough anyways? I'm thinking we don't want to many cooks in the kitchen or we are going to be bumping into each otther and will lose a lot of effieciency. I think 5-6 is about the maximum number of people we would need. Short of the transport crew which brings me to my next point...
How do we get everything from Point A (Phruby's Place) to Point B (The Convention Center) in as few trips as humanly possible? I think Paul said he can borrow a friend's truck but I have a feeling to all of this is going to fit in one truckload as there are some might big packages. I won't have car access, so we are out on this one, and it is up to Paul and Anthony to get everything to the center. Maybe if you guys had any other local buddies willing to do a favor for you, you guys could make it a caravan? I don't see how moving everything from the cars to thhe booth area will be much of a problem, we have a few strapping young lads to carry all the heavy goods and I'd imagine there is a loading dock near by to the Fan Hall.
I've got a list of all the supplies I can forsee us needing at setup. If anyone wants to add to this feel free. Woodland Scenics Products
Other Raw Materials
- Foliage Clusters – Dark Green
- Coarse Turf – Medium Green
- Fine Turf – Earth
- Underbrush – Light Green
Paints, Glues, Etc.
- Pre-cut Particle board for city base (I’ll get the exact measurements here soon)
- Stone Tile for city floor (Again I’ll get the exact amount we need here soon)
- Several good sheets of foamcore (in the event we need to throw together some buildings on the spot)
- Any extra greeblies you think might be useful
- Any extra materials you have left over from the wall
- A few sheets (3-4) of black posterboard to clean up the edges with
- A few wooden dowles maybe ¼” to ½” thick to use as a gate if we need to extend the back wall
- A few tubes of superglue
- White Elmer’s Glue and/or Scenic Glue from Woodland Scenics
- A can or two of light grey spray paint, and another can or two of stone fleck
- A few regular bottle of Apple Barrel Acrylic paints, the cheap stuff, in Black, White, Grey, Brown, and any other colors you guys think we may need
- Duct Tape (always got to have it just in case)
- Scotch Wall mounting pads (the little green and white squares used to mount posters and stuff on walls)
- Some type of Dull cote spray (I prefer Testor’s but any bigger cheap versions would be fine too)
- A can of Spray Adhesive for any quick fixes
- An assortment of paint brushes including sponge brushes
- Several Exactos
- A Utility Knife or two
- Sandpaper, in several different grades
- Safety Glasses (Safety first )
- A dust rag in the event we have sawdust to clean of the tile or anything else
- A Metal Yardstick
- A tape measure
- Some kind of metal T-Square or Roofing Truss Angle (Not a huge deal if you don’t have one)
- Dremmel with various bits
- A few long extension cords
- Heat gun or hair dryer if you have one (to speed up any quick fixes)
- If you have a jigsaw and think it would be useful by all means bring it
So what are everyone else's, namely Phruby and Anton's thoughts on the matter?