Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 354099 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #315 on: April 4, 2005, 07:49 PM »
Just rechecked on the Chewie and he is altogether new which is cool.  Mace is identical to the one from the Reek pack except the shade is little darker.  After looking them closer, the Clone is much better than I thought.

Only two complaints with this line. Re-releasing figures with one new fig causing you to buy a duplicate.  And the fact that Army Builders are not being two to a pack like the Stormies. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #316 on: April 4, 2005, 09:25 PM »
Only two complaints with this line. Re-releasing figures with one new fig causing you to buy a duplicate.  

I agree, it kind of sucks but i am sure it helps keep the line going.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 5, 2005, 03:44 AM »
Just found this wave at K-Mart.  There were at least 6 sets.  All are new except Mace which looks to be from the Reek set.  Chewie is also the same except with a different weapon.  Fisto is the best of the three. 

Hope we get some more OT versions of these suckers.  A Greedo, Jabba and Tie Fighter are my wish list.

Already out?? SOB!

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 5, 2005, 01:26 PM »
Yup.  Thats what I said.  Just seeing pics a week ago, I thought another month before they appeared.  Plus at K-Mart to boot ???  I love surprises like this on a Monday ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 15, 2005, 09:18 AM »
Just an observation after being out figure shopping this week, but at least here in town the first wave of the ROTS Galactic Heroes (Obi/Grievous, Anakin/Dooku, Yoda/Sidious) are all over the place.  Particularly at Wal-mart, which is sitting under a pile of these like I've never seen.  They must have 100 of them in the Star Wars section, as well as spilling over into a bonus aisle.  There must have only been one case of the 2nd Series, because I found the Chewie/Clone, Kit/Mace, R2/SBD packs on MM at this same Wal-Mart, but I haven't seen them at all since.  Plenty of the rest of them though.  I don't see them selling all of these, no matter how popular they are.  Usually all three (Target, WM, TRU) can't keep these things on the pegs, but this time there might just be too many.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #320 on: April 15, 2005, 11:46 AM »
Just an observation after being out figure shopping this week, but at least here in town the first wave of the ROTS Galactic Heroes (Obi/Grievous, Anakin/Dooku, Yoda/Sidious) are all over the place. 

I'll second that one...

At all the stores I frequent, the GH pegs are either empty (Target) or so stuffed with RotS Wave 1 that they'll never have anything else (TRU and Wal-MArt).

In other words, no luck finding Kit Fisto or Super Battle Droid or RotS Clone sets yet.  :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 15, 2005, 12:02 PM »
Yeah, it is exactly the same here Jeff.  Target has absolutely no sets, and hasn't since April 2, and Wal-Mart and TRU are absolutely swimming in the first three.  Wal-Mart especially.  After finding that "bonus aisle" filled with Star Wars "tent sale" stuff yesterday, it is even worse than I thought.  They are basically endless, and I don't see any way these will all be sold.  If it wouldn't have been for the fact of an opened box laying in the MM carnage at Wal-Mart, I wouldn't have ever seen the second set of these either.  Apparently no one else was interested, but I'm glad someone left it lay there.  Hopefully this glut won't hurt them from being released in larger quantities, but there's always hope at Target.

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 16, 2005, 12:08 AM »
These were one of those things that I liked but didn't want to get intoo buying another SW line.  But then I started thinking...."I gotta have some toys to pass on to my kids in the future so they don't beg for my 3 3/4" figures....."

So I started getting these.  Now I like them.....might wait till they are out of their stage of chewing their toys.

Not seen wave 2 of the ROTS anywhere here yet.

Hope the line continues for a while.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 26, 2005, 03:46 PM »
Not too much new shown at C3 really, aside from the "danglers", as well as those new "transforming" vehicles.  I suppose the kiddos might like them, and I hope that they do, but how cool would a normal Landspeeder possibly packed with the Tat Luke, Old Ben, and Droids for $15ish be?  I would rather see them release a few more vehicles (Landspeeder, TIE Fighter, Slave 1) without making them all tank-tastic :).

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 27, 2005, 05:19 PM »
No sign of wave 2 in TN but I did grab 2 Stormtrooper 2paks!!!  First time I'd ever seen them.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 27, 2005, 10:42 PM »
No sign of wave 2 in TN but I did grab 2 Stormtrooper 2paks!!!  First time I'd ever seen them.

Lucky guy!  I never have seen those at retail.  Some day...   ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 28, 2005, 12:31 AM »

Lucky guy!  I never have seen those at retail.  Some day...   ;)

You don't count.  Not only do you live in Canada, but you live in small town Canada.  Sheesh, you're lucky you see anything. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 28, 2005, 12:58 AM »

You don't count.  Not only do you live in Canada, but you live in small town Canada.  Sheesh, you're lucky you see anything. 

Sheesh, you really want to see my cry, don't you?   :'(

;D

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #328 on: June 1, 2005, 09:03 PM »
Well i finally found the Kit Fisto wave for the first time today so i picked the 3 sets up.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 24, 2005, 01:44 PM »
Seems like it has been pretty quiet on the GH front lately, but perhaps we will see some new things at ComicCon.  The 2nd wave (with Chewie/Clone/Kit, etc.) has shown up in greater numbers here now, mainly at Wal-Mart and Target.  Surprisingly, our Wal-Mart was literally buried under mounds of the first wave, but those have either all sold, or been taken to the back, because they are pretty much gone at this point.  Overall, these seem to continue to sell pretty well around here.  I kind of hope to see this line continued, even if it is just a few sets here and there.  It has always kind of been my "alternative" to the Kubricks line since it is cheaper and a little easier to pick up, but its becoming awfully hard to stay away from the Kubrick bandwagon going on here :).  Anyone here still interested in these, anything in particular you'd like to see?

I wouldn't mind seeing them revisit the vehicles again, and not these upcoming craptastic "transforming" type of things.  If they can't do many, I think at least a TIE Fighter (w/Pilot) and/or Slave 1 (w/Fett and Carbonite Han Block) could be neat sets.  Otherwise, I hope we see some of these figures/characters make appearances:

Bespin Luke Skywalker
Bespin Lando Calrissian
Endor Han Solo
Hoth Snowtrooper
Emperor (OT - Black Robed)
Hoth/Bespin Leia Organa
Yoda (OT)
Spirit of Obi-Wan
Endor Soldier
Hoth Soldier
etc., etc., etc. :)

Jabba the Hutt Playset - Jabba, Boussh Leia, Bib Fortuna, Misc. Aliens

Just a few random thoughts, lots of other characters could be added to the list I think.  Probably won't get real obscure with the character selection on this line, but there's still a few more that could be made I think.