Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352096 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #525 on: September 1, 2006, 03:47 PM »
I received the latest wave from Hasbro.com. Very nice to get a box with the newest figures for less than the stores charge, and no time and gas wasted.

The Luke stormtrooper is a little odd, I think his hair being so dark is the biggest part.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 1, 2006, 03:50 PM »
I just wanted to note that I found this latest wave at our local WM the other day, in case anyone is looking at retail.  For the longest time our WM didn't even carry GH, but since they reset they have a nice little section of them.  I picked up an extra Han/Luke Stormie pack, because the one I got online had Han's "face" offset and printed in an odd area of his head.  Now that one doubles as an extra Stormtrooper :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 6, 2006, 11:57 AM »
Galactic Hunter has some pics up (carded and loose) of the upcoming ESB themed wave of Galactic Heroes, including Bespin Luke/Bespin Lando, Bespin Leia/Vader, C-3PO (removable limbs)/Chewie (w/net), and Hoth Rebel Soldier/Snowtrooper.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2006, 11:57 AM by Brian »

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 6, 2006, 03:51 PM »
ok, i gotta at least get the Lando/Luke and Snowtrooper/Hoth Rebel sets, but where in the nine corellian hells is the Emperor's Royal Guard?! (sighs) I'll probly have to wait til they do an AT-AT driver/Veers set in 08, or a Ki-Adi Mundi/Bacara set (they could just repaint the snowtrooper and they got the Galactic Marines more or less, so it MIGHT happen... provided they don't kill the line next year

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 6, 2006, 04:55 PM »
That is a good looking line-up. AND the army-builders are together!  ;D

Offline Marshallmario

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 10, 2006, 10:22 AM »
   Hi ! Longtime lurker. I love following everyones Kubrick adventures and got sucked into the Galactic Heroes when I thought they would just be a couple of cute figures for my desk. That was about 40 figures ago!
   Just noticed on Entertainment Earth they now are coming out with Marvel Superheroes just like the Galactic Heroes. Why didn't I think of that? Opens up a huge new amount of Figures. Is Batman far behind? Here is the link: (hope that is okay)
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HMV78117AA

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #531 on: October 23, 2006, 10:42 PM »
Finally came across the newest GH wave today at Target, including Wedge/TIE Pilot, Sandtrooper/Ben, and Luke & Han Stormies.  I've seen the Greedo/Han set plenty over the past month, but this was the first I've seen of the other three.  All three Stormtooper fgures had the black stripe (fixed) on the helmet too.  First GH I've bought in ages, since there's been absolutely no OT figures in this line for well over a year now, I think.  This new wave looks pretty sharp, so hopefully they get some more OT ones in the mix soon here, and not just all that repainted crap in those stupid 10-packs that are forthcoming...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 25, 2006, 10:55 AM »
I got a shipping notification from BBTS this morning for the next wave of Galactic Heroes (Lando/Luke, Leia/Vader, Hoth Soldier/Snowtrooper, Removable Limbs 3PO/Chewie), so they might be on their way to retail before too much longer.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 26, 2006, 04:50 AM »
These were picked up at a Target in AZ.

I remember my dream now.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #534 on: October 26, 2006, 05:03 AM »
Yikes!  I finally find the ANH wave yesterday, and now you tell me I'm not even caught up with these things?!  >:(

Thanks for the tip nonetheless, Robb.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 26, 2006, 06:27 AM »
Thanks for the tip nonetheless, Robb.

Not a problem.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 26, 2006, 09:38 AM »
Interesting that the snowtrooper is on the wrong side for the packaging photo- I remember there being one like this earlier in the line, and it was eventually corrected- a bounty hunter set I believe-

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #537 on: October 26, 2006, 09:47 AM »
I wish I would have gotten in on these from the beginning... I like each and every one that comes out.  :-\
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 26, 2006, 10:46 AM »
I like them and keep buying them but only because I've been able to find good deals online, either at shops or ebay.  As usual, we lag behind pretty severely up here.  The other issue I have is rehashes of the figures and just changing a hand position isn't enough to entice me. 

Looking at the most recent sets, I'm inclined to get three of the four, but is Vader yet another rehash? (what can you really do at this scale?) And is Luke new? 

I take these things and open them, dump them in a basket and my daughter plays with them occasionally.  I'll reclaim them down the road, but I'm not complete, especially after sending my Falcon to MikeyD.  I'd thought I'd be able to pick one up locally as there were tons at TRU but suddenly they all disappeared without ever going on clearance :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #539 on: October 26, 2006, 10:50 AM »
but is Vader yet another rehash? (what can you really do at this scale?) And is Luke new? 

Luke is new and "Bespiny" -

I beleive that Vader is a new pose as well; he has a one-handed, fencing style pose -

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender