Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352211 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #1230 on: October 26, 2009, 07:28 PM »
The Endor Attack set sort of gives me buyer's remorse though.  Literally the only thing "new" in the set is the Ewok with glider, everything else appears to just be a straight repack with no changes whatsoever.  They could have at least repainted a couple ewoks or something.  I will say, the new fold out dioramas in these things now are pretty nifty.  Sort of wish I had the room to display them.  I have kept them all basically, but don't really have the room to use them.

That's definitely the hardest set to buy amongst all of these releases right now.  Only one new figure and not even repaints makes it hard to pull the trigger.  I've considered looking for the new Ewok on eBay to avoid being stuck with a bunch more extras, even if it means paying more than what one figure would normally be worth.

I have the Snowspeeder and Obi-Wan's ROTS speeder coming in the mail as we speak, so I'm looking forward to adding those ships to the collection.  Then I still need the Ewok Celebration, Slave I, Anakin's CW Fighter, and Assault on the Death Star II, but catching up on 7 Cinema Scenes released in 3 months along with the wave after wave of 3 3/4" figures coming out, it's getting a little tricky to figure out where my money should be going!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: October 26, 2009, 10:28 PM »
I've skipped on 5 of the newest cinema scene sets and have only picked up a few 2 packs in the past few months - picking and choosing and I hope that trend continues to nothing.  Sorry, this should be my last doom and gloom post in the GH thread for me, but I'm still looking forward to the Slave I whenever it hits retail so I'll probably just call it quits after I find that..................until the AT-AT  :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: October 27, 2009, 01:41 AM »
I found the Yoda/ARF Trooper set at Target tonight after missing out on it on HTS.com.  I think with the exception of the 2 newest Grievous sets, I'm caught up with the 2 packs.  I stress think because I haven't been keeping good track of what I've picked up and the latest releases.

I've skipped on 5 of the newest cinema scene sets ...
I'm in the same boat.  I think I'll get them eventually but just having a hard time keeping up with everything else.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: October 27, 2009, 04:49 AM »
Here's some pics of 2010's first wave:

(These are obviously from Yodas News, I resized them because they were a little large)

And 2010's Cinema Scenes:

Anybody else think the Y-Wing seems a little short at the nose?  Ah well, I think I'm just too used to the OT version, not this CW version. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 04:53 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: October 27, 2009, 09:40 AM »
Thanks for the pics Jesse!  I think the Y-Wing is pretty cool looking! 8)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 27, 2009, 09:45 AM »
Yeah, that Y-Wing is pretty awesome.  Sure the proportions are off, but that's basically the name of the game with GH.

Tactical droid is pretty nice looking too.
I am not the Stig

Offline jedi ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 28, 2009, 01:30 AM »
Yeah, that Y-Wing is pretty awesome.  Sure the proportions are off, but that's basically the name of the game with GH.

Tactical droid is pretty nice looking too.
Keonobi I am with you ...
I started collecting GH because it took me back to my first figures and vehicles in the 70's ... it was all about imagination ... now I am back and I dont need ball joints and authentic eye shawdow .. I just need a close resemblance and its STAR WARS ... thats what it was like collecting the figures in the 70's before "collecting" was a science ... or a degree offered at some colleges!  Thats GH ... thats all it is!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 01:33 AM by jedi ds »

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: October 28, 2009, 03:36 PM »
Wait, why are Anakin's and Obi Wan's lightsabers so crazy short? 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 29, 2009, 01:46 AM »
ED.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: October 29, 2009, 10:04 AM »
The Schwarz isn't strong with them....
I am not the Stig

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1240 on: October 29, 2009, 11:56 AM »
I'm guessing it's either A) the camera angle making them seem shorter or b) they shortened them to help the figures fit in the ships (Starfighters, Y-Wing, etc).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 2, 2009, 01:11 AM »
Those are some cool items for 2010.  This line just keeps rolling along.

I found both the TRU Rancor and AT-RT at a local Ross store for $8.99 plus tax.  I only picked up the Rancor set since I already had the AT-RT set.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 2, 2009, 04:30 PM »
I found both the TRU Rancor and AT-RT at a local Ross store for $8.99 plus tax.  I only picked up the Rancor set since I already had the AT-RT set.

Wow...That makes me feel better that I paid $25+ a pop for mine.   ::)  Those two sets sure didn't last too long out here though.  Nice score Maul!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1243 on: November 6, 2009, 09:45 AM »
Just an FYI that the Galactic Heroes 2-packs are on sale at TRU this weekend - two sets for $9.99  (sale runs today 3pm-midnight, Sat 7am-1pm).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedi ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 7, 2009, 07:07 PM »
My COSTCO Falcon arrived! Has anyone else noticed that the Tie Interceptors in the background look very GH like whilst the other ships do not.  If you look closely on the Obi Wan Starfighter diorama its similar with ships that do not look GH style with a GH style Starfighter .... maybe just maybe we will be getting a Tie Interceptor!